weight loss

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by haleystar, May 15, 2009.

1. haleystar

haleystar Well-Known Member

so i got on the scale today (after a night of diareha) and have lost 2lbs.

should i be concerned considering i lost 1lb in 2 weeks according to the check-up yesterday?

i'm trying to eat and drink ensure as much as possible but i am sooooo full all the time that it's so incredibly uncomfortable to eat.

what should i do??

2. Jenn G

Jenn G Well-Known Member

There were plenty of weeks that I didn't gain any weight, in fact I only gained about 30 lbs with my boys. As long as the babies are growing that's all that matters. Good luck, I know how nerve wracking it all can be! :)

3. jvanmourik

jvanmourik Well-Known Member

I've had a heck of a time gaining weight this pregnancy. I'll gain a couple lbs, only to lose them a couple days later, but since the boys are healthy and my ob isnt concerned, i'm not concerned either. For the most part, the babies will take what they need, its your body that will suffer more for it.

4. tiff12080

tiff12080 Well-Known Member

Honestly if you are worried about ttts I think that's a good sign. They tell you to watch for rapid gain for ttts.

5. BabyMoPlusThree

BabyMoPlusThree Well-Known Member

Check with your OB, but I know that my weight fluctuates from day to day.

And feel better. I also had stomach issues last night- it woke me up at 1 AM and I thought I was going to go into labor in the middle of my ordeal. Blah!!

6. tamaras

tamaras Well-Known Member

Your OB would hopefully let you know if they were concerned with your weight gain or loss.
    I also gained around 30lbs with my girls, and some weeks I would loose 1 or 2lbs then others I would gain a bunch :good:

When in doubt always check with your OB though ;)

7. mholmes07

mholmes07 Well-Known Member

I wouldn't worry, like the other ladies said, your ob would of said something to you. I too lost 2lbs at my last visit and my ob said its my total weight gained thats important. Im very thin and have a fast metabolism, so he said if I gained 25lbs total, that would be fine for me.

8. haleystar

thanks ladies, i've already put on about 27-28lbs so far this pregnancy so i'm close enough to the recommended guildelines of 30-45. i just wonder if my weightloss can be a factor in one baby not growing as large as the other, measurement-wise. they are both steadily approaching 2lbs, 1lb 11 ounces and 1lb 8ounces, so they have grown fat wise in 2 weeks.

i'm just a paranoid new mommy. it doesn't help that i have mental illness and i'm being treated for that medically so i'm paranoid now that (while not possible) the cat c and 1 cat d med that i am on is causing the problem (even though i've been on them for months without issue). no the only worry with these meds is of withdrawal after birth, i didn't take anything until 16 weeks when i was "out of the woods" for growth defects and what not.

i just wish there was something more i could do, i hate not being able to control this!!!!!

i have woken up 2 times in the middle of the night, both to drink ensure. but i don't sleep well and now it's 4am and i'm wide awake.... :(
    hopefully i'll pass out again soon. we have an OB tour today (not that we need to go since we've been twice with scares).

9. TwinxesMom

TwinxesMom Well-Known Member

I lost 5lbs one week. The doctor told me it was okay as both girls gained that week. I was overweight to begin with so it didn't bother me to lose 5lbs as long as the girls were okay. I only gained 20lbs.

10. haleystar

QUOTE(TwinxesMom @ May 16 2009, 05:52 PM) [snapback]1316399[/snapback]
    I lost 5lbs one week. The doctor told me it was okay as both girls gained that week. I was overweight to begin with so it didn't bother me to lose 5lbs as long as the girls were okay. I only gained 20lbs.

well i started out on the low end of the 'normal' scale so loosing weight is strange, to me at least. i started out at 143 anf at 5'8" that's pretty small.