Weights at 29 weeks

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by kaybee711, Dec 4, 2006.

1. kaybee711

kaybee711 Well-Known Member

If you can remember them please post your 29 week weights. Amelia (baby b) weighed in at 2 pounds 11 oz. Samuel (baby a) weighed in at 3 pounds. I thought hese were great but I just read somewhere that at 29 weeks 2 pounds 10 oz is considered tiny. Of course my u/s was right on the 29 week point so maybe that makes a difference. The MFM doctor said the discrepancy between the two babies was fine but it seems like a lot to me. Any information would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

2. kaybee711

kaybee711 Well-Known Member

If you can remember them please post your 29 week weights. Amelia (baby b) weighed in at 2 pounds 11 oz. Samuel (baby a) weighed in at 3 pounds. I thought hese were great but I just read somewhere that at 29 weeks 2 pounds 10 oz is considered tiny. Of course my u/s was right on the 29 week point so maybe that makes a difference. The MFM doctor said the discrepancy between the two babies was fine but it seems like a lot to me. Any information would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

3. Sofiesmom

Sofiesmom Well-Known Member

Mine were 4lbs6oz and 4lbs5oz at 30w3d, but they were measuring ahead ...

4. 4jsinPA

4jsinPA Well-Known Member TS Moderator

mine were born at 28w6d and they were 2lbs 6oz and 2lb 7oz. I was told that was a good size for their gestation.

Good luck!

5. MSB1203

MSB1203 Well-Known Member

At 28 or 29 weeks mine weighed 3lbs5oz and 3lbs10oz...I think that is right...I have it written down somewhere but that is close anyways.

6. akameme

akameme Well-Known Member TS Moderator

At 30 weeks my smaller twin was 2 lbs 11 (5th percentile) and my girl was 4 lbs 1 ounce (93rd percentile!).

I think your weights sound good and that doesn't seem like much of a discrepancy.

7. kendraplus2

kendraplus2 Well-Known Member

IF I remember right, my 28-wk U/S weights were 2 pounds 14 oz and 2 pounds 12 oz ... that could be off by a few ounces, though ... the 31 week ultrasounds were 3 pounds 15 oz and 3 # 13 oz.

Your babies' weights sound just fine.

8. Dianne

Dianne Well-Known Member

Looking at my records from 29 weeks, 3 days my Baby A weighed 3 lbs 2 ounces (60%) and my Baby B weighed 2 pounds 3 ounces (30%).

9. AWillow

AWillow Well-Known Member

I had my last growth scan at 28 weeks and 2 days. They weighed in at 2.7 and 2.8 lbs. My peri and OB were happy with it. Everyone body and babies are diffrent. mine seem small compared to some of the other ladies babies... but as long as my peri and OB say they are finr then, i figure all is good.

10. JASB

JASB Well-Known Member

My baby boy (Chase) weighed 3lb 1oz.
    My baby girl (Gabrielle) weighed 3lb 6oz.

I think those weights were at 29 wks 4 days.

We go tomorrow for our 32 week appt. Hopefully, the babies continue growing.

11. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

there is a pound difference between my babies - but my small baby
    measured right on schedule and our big baby measured 2 weeks ahead -
    my peri said that as long as the small one measures close to schedule
    everything is ok -

12. luv_my_kidz

luv_my_kidz Well-Known Member

My last u/s was last Thursday.(1 day before being 29 weeks)

Baby A was 3.1 pounds (57th percentile)
    Baby B was 3 pounds (55th percentile)

13. kimber074

kimber074 Well-Known Member

according to the ideal weight chart in the quick links the average weight for 29 weeks is 2lb 12 oz, sounds like you are right on track [​IMG]

14. lanychat

lanychat Well-Known Member

my girls were born at 29 wks and they were 2lb 5oz and 2lb 15oz (the smaller baby was considered small for gestational age) hth