We've Decided On A Name

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by swilhite25, Oct 13, 2009.

1. swilhite25

swilhite25 Well-Known Member

After spending months going through my baby name books, DH and I decided to name our little girl Sullivan! I am really excited because this is a name I suggested for a girl when I first found out I was pregnant and it took DH a while to come around to it. Her middle name will be Frances, after my wonderful Grandmother. I know this is traditionally a boys name, but the only other Sullivan I've ever known was a girl. Plus, I have friends Stewart, Riley, Cody, Clay, etc. who are girls with boys name - maybe it's a Southern thing - so to me when I hear Sullivan I think "girl." It was so funny, when I told my Grandmother the baby's name I thought her first reaction would be to the fact that we were naming the baby after her. But it was to Sullivan as a first name. She just goes "Sullivan?" Then she realized what was going on and was so moved. Gotta' love her! Any way, I love the name but would also like to get some feedback. What do you think?

2. Momof2wonders

Momof2wonders Well-Known Member

I think it's a really COOL name, and you are right, sometimes boys' names do really suit girls.
    I like it a lot[​IMG]

3. MSB1203

MSB1203 Well-Known Member

I love it...if my hubby wasn't so picky, I'd totally have picked a "boy" name...I always wanted to use Brett for a girl. :)

4. mom23sweetgirlies

mom23sweetgirlies Well-Known Member

I think it is adorable, but I think boys names for girls is cute. I really like Brett for a girl too. :)

5. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

LOVE it!!!! I have a little girl cousin named Sullivan and I just love the name!!! secretly I wish I had thought of it before her mother did! I totally would have used it!! Sullivan's sister's name is Sutton and they are so adorable!

6. ljmcisaac

ljmcisaac Well-Known Member

Wonderful!

7. jamiandkyle2002

jamiandkyle2002 Well-Known Member

Love the name!! I like boys names for girls too, my girl is Rori Katherine!

8. traci.finley

traci.finley Well-Known Member

Love it! The middle name for our girl was on my boy list ... she will be Caroline Avery. Like you, she will be my third girl and you just start running out of favs! I think Sullivan is a great name! Really, not to dish on Grandma but Frances can be a boy or a girl name, too!

9. traci.finley

traci.finley Well-Known Member

Oops ... sorry! Just noticed you have b/g twins ... NOT your third girl ... love the name, all the same =)

10. sullivanre

sullivanre Well-Known Member

LOL! I'm too biased to answer that question. :laughing:

You know mama23boys (Jori) has a son named Sullivan.

11. E&Msmom

E&Msmom Well-Known Member

Another fan here :) I too like boys names for girls but DH insist that no daughter of his can have a "sexy name" LOL :)

12. swilhite25

swilhite25 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the feedback! Now that we've named her, I can't see her being anyone else other than Sullivan.