What a "crappy" day! LOL

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by twinzmom2b, May 24, 2007.

1. twinzmom2b

twinzmom2b Well-Known Member

Wow, I had a "first" of one of these days with my girls today! Nothing went normal from the start of the day.

I got up around 7:30 and heard them talking to each other. I needed to take a shower and get logged on to my computer for work and stuff before getting them up. Well, after about 5 minutes, I heard NOTHING, just silence. Could it be? Did they go back to sleep? Well, I thought they had. You would think by now that I would know that silence is EVIL!!! Fast forward to 8:30...I got into the nursery to get them "up" (b/c I thought they were asleep). NOPE...they were up to NO GOOD!

Morgan was COMPLETELY naked http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c385/twi...2b/IMG_0843.jpg She had thrown her clothes and diaper on the floor and was jumping up and down happy as can be. I looked in her crib and she had peed in the middle of it...but luckily it missed her blankie and the other zillion stuffed animals that she has in there. So, I pulled the sheets off her bed and get them ready to put in the washer.

Then, I go over to Reagan's crib. Whew...she was dressed! However, she had been trying to pull her diaper out of the front of her shorts. She had it all undone and was yanking on it. http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c385/twi...2b/IMG_0853.jpg Funny thing is...she was MAD b/c I wouldn't help her get it the rest of the way off. She was just crying and mad that sissy was naked and she wasn't. I went to just take everything off of her to do a load of laundry and noticed her diaper was full of poop! THANKFULLY she didn't get fully naked. It was only a matter of time.

So, I get that all taken care of and then about 10:30, Morgan poops. So, I changed her and forgot to put the diaper in the bag to take out. I accidentally left it by the gate. Well, I went upstairs to start the laundry adn I hear them downstairs saying, "Gucky, stink, ewe!" What on earth could they be into that was so gross? I get to the bottom of the stairs and they have Morgan's poopy diaper all unwrapped, wipes all over the place and poop all over the stinkin' floor. Thankfully they know it's "gucky" and weren't playing with it, but it was on my carpet. GROSS!!! I got that all cleaned up. GEESH!!!

What a "crappy" day we had around here!

2. melissao

melissao Well-Known Member

Oh No!!! Somtimes being mom is no fun! :( I hope nap is better tomorrow!

3. drlawson

drlawson Member

I can't help but laugh! Monkey see monkey do my girls are so like that If one is doing it or has it the other has to also!

4. marcy874

marcy874 Well-Known Member

Gotta love toddlers!! Sounds like it could have been worse though, at least they didn't try to make any "artwork" for you! Alina gave me a black eye Monday night with a head butt...my first black eye ever!

Hope tomorrow isn't as "crappy" for you!

Marcy

5. Snittens

Snittens Well-Known Member

Ahh!! I have been so glad that stage hasn't really hit. I've had a couple instances of Ainsley with her diaper half off in the morning, and Bea has stuck her hand down the back of her pants with poop. Luckily I've been right there so I say "don't move! and don't touch anything!!" Hope the rest of the day was better. Whoever said "Silence is golden" didn't have kids. When silence happens, something's going on!!

6. shelbyolivia

shelbyolivia Well-Known Member

All I can say is, backwards zipper pj's! ;) My girls are the queens of nakedness! My neighbor asked if we were starting a nudist colony today, they were naked swimming & sliding! Good luck keeping anyhting on them now...........the fun begins!

7. FirstTimeMom814

FirstTimeMom814 Well-Known Member

That is why we use sleep sacs. Sofia started doing this at nap time so I put a sleep sac on backwards (with the zipper in the back). The first time she stripped at nap time she ended up pooping in her bed. So now we always use sleep sacs on her. I have the light cotton ones for naps and the fleece ones for night time or when it's chilly.

8. mel_michigan

mel_michigan Well-Known Member

It's in the air! Last night I'm getting the twins ready for bed and Alexa tells me D.J.'s playing with himself. O.K. cool, playing with his cars I'm thinking. After a few minutes I went in the LR and it dawned on me. He's standing on the couch wearing only his shirt, inspecting his boy parts! He was playing with himself all right! We did the backwards PJ's with the girls too, I just cut out a little v-neck and they were good to go. Eventually I found childproof safety pins and just pinned the zippers up in front cause they'd trip themselves with the feet backwards.

9. rosie19

rosie19 Well-Known Member

Wow! That definitely sounds like a "crappy" day. Yuck! Must have been in the air... since Natalie pooped in the tub last night... first time in months. I called DH and asked him when the tub pooping ends, or at least gets funny. He said he thought it was always funny. Of course it is when you are 45 minutes away in your quiet, clean office :)