What age do they wipe independently?

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by nina3, Jul 28, 2008.

1. nina3

nina3 Well-Known Member

At what age do they wipe after themselves after a bowel movement? I'm talking about completely without assistance?

Thanks in advance!

2. JDMummy

JDMummy Well-Known Member

I stopped "checking" my oldest wiping after 4. Even after 4, every once in a while he would call me and tell me that he "had a bad poop". :blush: I got those flushable wipes and told him to use them only when he had a bad poop.

3. nina3

nina3 Well-Known Member

Thanks! Anyone else?

4. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

SO glad you asked. Apparently I have to spend the next 6 weeks teaching them to wipe for preschool!! :shok: So far it's resulted in a LOT more toilet cleaning! :bad: Lots more ICKY unders! :bad: and.....drumroll.......saving the best for last......poop up the back!!! :bad:

5. j_and_j_twins

j_and_j_twins Well-Known Member

Well we're still "helping" them and girls just turned 5. They do it themselves at school, but when they're home they shout us and I'd rather do it so we don't end up with messes!!

6. rubyturquoise

rubyturquoise Well-Known Member

I check when they're done. Mine are 5. I'd rather just check in case they missed something than have them get a rash.

7. Gabe+2more

Gabe+2more Well-Known Member

My son is 4 and I still have to help him after pooping. I don't know what will happen with the girls. I haven't started any training with them, at this point, I still don't think they are ready.

8. naomi02

naomi02 Well-Known Member

I don't know but I've been wondering b/c of preschool, too.

9. jakeandpeytonsmommy

jakeandpeytonsmommy Well-Known Member

Only one of mine is trained, and I still have to help him the whole process...peeing and wiping!