What are you buying for a 2yr olds

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by ames4, Nov 30, 2006.

1. ames4

ames4 Well-Known Member

I am trying to find toys for my almost 2 year old girl and need suggestions,

I was thinking:
    Doras Kitchen
    Elmo's tool bench(I know it is more of boy toy)

Any other ideas?

Thanks,
    Amy

2. ames4

ames4 Well-Known Member

I am trying to find toys for my almost 2 year old girl and need suggestions,

I was thinking:
    Doras Kitchen
    Elmo's tool bench(I know it is more of boy toy)

Any other ideas?

Thanks,
    Amy

3. AmyDeanna

AmyDeanna Well-Known Member

Little Tykes play house
    Acquadoodle
    wooden puzzles
    stuffed animals
    a toy crib/bed for their dolls

Definitely get a kitchen, and maybe some extra pots and pans. Mine absolutely love their kitchen and they are 22mo girls!

Amy

4. NicoleT

NicoleT Well-Known Member

Here are some ideas-- mine will be 2 in January:

Dolls
    Books
    Puzzles
    Little People Doll House
    Stroller
    Fridge magnets
    Aquadoodle
    trains? (my DD loves them!)
    purse, shoes
    Leap pad
    Blocks
    Shopping cart

5. K&B's Mom

K&B's Mom Well-Known Member

One thing that has been a huge hit here has been the Snap 'n Style dolls made by Fisher Price. I bought one doll for a long plane ride we took in July when the kids were around 20 months. Both DD and DS loved the doll so much though that I ended up getting a second doll and a couple of extra outfits. Too many fights otherwise [​IMG]. Other popular items we received for the twins' 2nd birthday were the Little People Animal Zoo, a large plastic tea set, a Doodle Pro, and the Elmo tool belt that goes with the tool bench you mentioned. I've been thinking about getting the tool bench for Christmas.

6. Minette

Minette Well-Known Member

My girls are only 12 months, but I'm trying to find them a tool bench too, because they love to bang on things. [​IMG] (Also, I don't want them to be helpless like their mom -- I barely know which end of a hammer to use, and I hate that.)

Parents Magazine Bee Bop Band looks really cool (a bunch of musical instruments that all store inside a drum).

And I bought a Melissa & Doug Stacking Train -- it has wooden blocks that you stack onto the train cars in kind of a puzzle. It's rated 2+ (I'm thinking of giving it to my girls halfway through the next year).

7. FirstTimeMom814

FirstTimeMom814 Well-Known Member

We are getting ours a kitchen and a shopping cart. They will get plenty of other little stuff from family. My Mom got them each a Lil' Quad 4x4s.

8. Mia D

Mia D Well-Known Member

That bee-bop band is darling - one of the girls' cousins has it. I got my 23 month olds the shopping cart, a tee-ball set, the tool bench and a little tykes car. I also found a Little People set at Ross that I bought for my sister to give the girls.

Best,
    Mia