What are you enjoying about this age?

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by kingeomer, Jun 23, 2013.

1. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I was thinking back to when my two were this age (4 years ago, where does the time go?) and one of the things I enjoyed was their quirks:
    My daughter used to sleep with a water bottle and later an old remote
    My son was obsessed with two books "Maggie Can Count" and "Balloons, Balloons, Balloons." He used to take either one of those books and slap them down on our laps and go, "Reads this?"
    We've read those books so much that we had them committed to memory!

2. miss_bossy18

miss_bossy18 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I barely remember when the girls were this age but Emmett is currently 19 months old. I'm loving that I'm really starting to see what's going on inside his head as he's able to communicate quite well, even verbally once in a while. ;) I LOVE watching him play and rough house with his older sisters and not have to remind anyone that he's just a baby. I love watching him "connect the dots" and figure out new things. It feel like every day is an adventure. :wub:

1 person likes this.
  3. jdorourk

jdorourk Well-Known Member

My twins are 14 mos and I really love their interaction with us. We play and do silly things like hide and seek and chase in the hallways and they laugh so hard sometimes.

1 person likes this.
  4. daisies

daisies Well-Known Member

Everything! Especially how fast they are learning new things.. the world is exciting!

Nicholas loves trucks or anything that makes a motor noise... the louder the better. Yesterday at a horse show a guy drove up in a jeep. Nicholas started waving and running toward him, saying 'oh,oh'! :wavey:
    but he is also my nature guy.. He wants to be picked up to touch the leaves, and always stops to smell the flowers!

Hannah has a shoe fetish (ut-oh). She will wear any show she finds lying around including my DH size 14 shoes! Yesterday, she walked up to a random teenage girl, pulled on her shorts, and asked to be picked up. later i realized this girl was wearing pink sparkly tennis shoes (surely a kindred spirit :friends: )
    She is a girly-girl but can also be a tom-boy. she is the first to stomp in the mud and to pick up the worm they found wriggling on the side walk.

We are just having so much fun!

1 person likes this.
  5. jnelan

jnelan Well-Known Member

I love how both of our girls are walking (almost running, it seems!) and love to move around. Texgirl, my husband chases them around our house also and they just laugh and laugh. They are also starting to learn things, like where their nose is and what shoes look like in books (Adira LOVES shoes). This is definitely a fun age.

1 person likes this.
  6. jnelan

jnelan Well-Known Member

Oh, and I think Lilah will grow up to be a veterinarian - she loves animals! We were staying at my sister-in-law's recently and Lilah would point at the dog every time she came in the room and say, "GUH!" We were trying to teach her to say "dog," but she much prefers to use the "g" sound instead of "d."