What are you reading?

Discussion in 'General' started by moski, Feb 17, 2010.

1. 4lilmonkeys

4lilmonkeys Well-Known Member

Such a good book! I had the opportunity to review it before it hit the shelves and I really, really loved it. 

Here I Go Again by Jen Lancaster is also really good and kind of along the same lines. She's one of my favorite "funny" authors. 

I'm not reading anything right now. I'm in one of those weird stages where I kinda want to re-read a series, like (sigh, I know) Harry Potter or something. I don't know, nothing is really appealing to me right now. 

2. Kendra

Kendra Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I loved Here I Go Again! So fun, especially since I graduated in 1992. That was girls I went to school with. (

I'm reading Empty Mansions by Bill Dedman and Paul Newell Jr. I saw Dedman on The Daily Show last week and it sounded so interesting that immediately ordered it from the library. Fascinating history of a gilded age life. 

3. rrodman

rrodman Well-Known Member

I second Here I Go Again. I also loved her new non fiction--The Tao of Martha.

4. jjzollman

jjzollman Well-Known Member

5. ECUBitzy

ECUBitzy Well-Known Member

I'm crashing through some Sandra Brown novels right now. Mirror Image and Envy were recommended when I did a Facebook poll for a new book (I'd been reading the Mortal Instruments series and needed a break from scifi). I enjoyed both of those and then downloaded The Alibi and The Switch. I'm just into The Alibi and enjoy the pace.

I read all of Alice Clayton's books two weeks ago. Hysterical! I can't wait for her next in the Red Head series. That woman can make me LAUGH.

I'm in the mood for more funny chick lit if anybody has some to offer.

6. ljcrochet

ljcrochet Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I'm reading Voyager, the third book in the Outlander series.

I just finished a  Feels Like Family (Sweet Magnolias) by Sherly Woods  I'll probably start the next one in that series.  I need a totally mindless book to read.

7. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I finished Louder Than Hell, an oral history of heavy metal.  I wished it covered more of what influenced some of these bands, rather then the outrageous stories.  

8. momofangels

momofangels Well-Known Member

Just finished reading the second book in the Divergent series.  What good books!

9. threebecamefive

threebecamefive Well-Known Member

I had gone through the last couple pages of this thread looking for my next book and chose this one. I just have to say - I LOVE this book! It's driving me batty that I can't get it finished. Dang kids and job! ;) I'm hoping tonight, or tomorrow at the least, to finish it. The only downer to finding a book I really love, is finding another good book to read next.

10. rrodman

rrodman Well-Known Member

I went on a spree and read all her books but one. They are all great.