What are your children currently obsessed with watching/reading/listening to?

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by miss_bossy18, May 25, 2011.

1. miss_bossy18

miss_bossy18 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Currently in our house, it's Cars. Over and over and over again. I swear we've watched it about 1000x in the last week (and I'm also pretty sure I'm only exaggerating a tiny bit). :crazy:

2. NINI H

NINI H Well-Known Member

It's still Curious George, any and all of them! They also like the New Karate Kid and Tron, no I did NOT approve of them seeing these. DH took over on a couple of nights....

3. moski

moski Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Always Cars for Liam, he can't wait for the new one to come out next month. And he is OBSESSED with The Power Rangers.

4. orangeyaglad

orangeyaglad Well-Known Member

Toy Story 3, Little Bunny Foo Foo book, and the Yo Gabba Gabba cd all on HEAVY rotation. :headbang:

5. Beth*J

Beth*J Well-Known Member

Toy Story 3 and Sid the Science Kid.

6. MarchI

MarchI Well-Known Member

Elmo! Which I am ok with since we just watch 1 you tube video and they are done.

7. TwinsInOkinawa

TwinsInOkinawa Well-Known Member

My girls are all about Curious George also!

8. Janclamat

Janclamat Well-Known Member

Wiggles for the 17 month old, Thomas for the twins. The twins also love the book "Curious George Rides a Bike." We read it almost every night. The little one loves those Karen Katz lift the flap books and In the Night Garden books.

9. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Star Wars :rolleyes: (Thanks DH!), Max and Ruby and Peppa Pig. Still love Elmo around here too. As for the books, they love the Max and Ruby books and also the "If You Give a Pig a Party" and those line of books (we took out the ones about taking the mouse to school and giving a pig a pancake from the library and DS told me that he missed those books). They really do love Weird Al's children book "When I Grow Up" I love it too and am happy to read that one as many times as they want. My kids also love the Llama Llama books too.

10. cjk2002

cjk2002 Well-Known Member

Caillou. They would watch him ALL DAY LONG if I would let them. I thought Elmo was bad, but Caillou drives me :crazy:

There are a few episodes that I have had to ban because my one DS will begin to act them out. There is one called Starry Night where he is afraid of the dark and shadows. Low and behold, DS started to freak out because of shadows.

And even Elmo is tricky. Same DS loves the Elmo Goes to the Doctor dvd. Now after he watches it, he'll tell me that his throat hurts and needs to go to the Dr and get antibiotics (just like Elmo :headbang: )

11. sulik110202

sulik110202 Well-Known Member

Disney movies. This week it is Beauty & the Beast, last week it was Princess and the Frog. At least it changes every couple of weeks. Dora has been another favorite for a long time.

12. vharrison1969

vharrison1969 Well-Known Member

Watching: Thomas DVDs, Chuggington DVDs, and Youtube videos of Tillman the Skateboarding Dog (don't ask :rolleyes:).

Listening: Pretty much anything, but they are OBSESSED with singing Holly Jolly Christmas and Frosty the Snowman.

Reading: They are REALLY into Richard Scarry right now, and I have to read Building a New Road almost every single night. I've also started reading them some of the more innocuous fairy tales. It is SOOOOO cute hearing them ask for Goldilocks and the Three Bears, or the Three Little Pigs. :wub:

13. Danibell

Danibell Well-Known Member TS Moderator

BIG fans of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, and Thomas here. Some Blues Clues thrown in for variety.
    Reading is anything and everything. We'll sit for 30 mins after my big kids go to bed, and the twins just keep bringing us book after book to read. Sometimes they'll even let us read it too! And sometimes they just flip thru it, mumbling like they are reading, yell "E END" and then jump down to get another book! :lol:
    Listening is nothing specific, they like the music we listen too, which is Christian contemporary.

14. debbie_long83

debbie_long83 Well-Known Member

Mickey Mouse, Dora, and Diego. They LOVE Diego. I think it's because they like animals so much. They will play and pretend that one of them is Diego and the other is an animal in trouble. One day, it took them forever to get across the yard in their jeep because they had to keep stopping to rescue another animal, and not just any animal. They are rescuing pygmy marmasates (sp?!) and scarlet macaws lol. Lately also they love watching Jake and the neverland pirates.

All last week we were listening to a Veggie Tales Christmas cd because they wanted to hear the Christmas tree song...

They get stuck on songs too. Last week, it was "Wheels on the bus" everyday. They'll sing it, then sing it again being silly, then add in the verse "the daddies on the bus go blah blah blah" (They may or may not have had help with that one...)
    Before that, it was "Zaccheus was a wee little man" which they learned in Sunday school.

15. tiff12080

tiff12080 Well-Known Member

Cars...the movie..the toys...pillows, sheets!!

16. silver_stardust

silver_stardust Well-Known Member

Movies: Finding Nemo's out and Toy Story is in

TV: Franklin, Backyardigans, Blues Clues

Books: Any that I can get them to sit still long enough to read!!! :escape:

17. Lydia

Lydia Well-Known Member

Movies - I haven't let them watch one yet

TV - A wonderfully peaceful and calming show called Little Bear - Thomas used to be the only show they watched

Books - anything by PD Eastman(The Best Nest, Are You My Mother?), Dr. Seuss, a book called Wacky Wednesday by Theo LeSeig, animal books, Curious George, and any book at the library with pictures of big trucks for my son, and kittens for my daughter.