What are your kids going to be for Halloween?

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by beemer, Jul 28, 2008.

1. beemer

beemer Well-Known Member

Have you guys given any thought to what costumes you will get your kids for Halloween? Are you planning to dress them the same?

2. AimeeThomp

AimeeThomp Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I have no idea what we'll dress my girls as...they'll be 1 year and 1 week old on Halloween....

3. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

OMGosh its not even August- why are halloween costumes out already?!?!? ACK!!! Sorry this isn't directed at the OP, but man stores really rush the year.

I have no idea what the girls will be for halloween this year. Last year they were a chick and a bunny, but we didn't really go out or anything. I think this year we'll go out... I guess I'll add this to my to-do list :blink:

4. Saramcc

Saramcc Well-Known Member

Gosh there are so many ideas for boy/girl costumes I don't even know. I really want to do a Peter Pan and TinkerBell but SO is not going for it. He's like "I don't want my boy wearing tights" whatever!!!

Another pair I thought would be funny is the tortus sp? and the hare.

So many things or characters that goes in pairs, I don't know

5. AshleyLD

AshleyLD Well-Known Member

They are going to be lil monsters. I saw blue and pink matching monster costumes in BRU.. I need to go back and guess what size they will be in a few months

6. ladybutterflyrose

ladybutterflyrose Well-Known Member

I wanted them to be pumpkins :) .

7. ladybenz

ladybenz Well-Known Member

Joel is going to be a lobster. And I Roman is going to be superman.

8. 2betterthan1

2betterthan1 Well-Known Member

Last Christmas my SIL gave me the boys Halloween costumes for their present! She looked at me very seriously and said, this may seem like a weird present, but there was a huge sale at the disney store and I couldn't pass it up! She got them both little Nemo outfits for $3 each!! Now thats a deal! For their first birthday, they were Pooh and Eeyore! I bought the Eeyore when I was pregnant, before I knew I was having twins! I paid like $40 for it, then had to go back and buy another.... I'm grateful not to have to do that this year!

Shannon

9. BeckiAllen1130

BeckiAllen1130 Well-Known Member

WOW!!! I haven't been to a store in awhile, b/c I didn't even know costumes were out already!! :eek:

Nick wants the girls to be starfish (kind of like Maggie Simpson in her snowsuit) b/c he thinks it would be cute. Now, I don't even know if they make starfish costumes?! :lol: So I'm not really sure....Ugh, I don't even want to think about it yet.

10. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I am so surprised that costumes are out already! My DH is a huge Star Wars fan, so Luke is going to be Yoda this year and Sophia will be Princess Leia (if we can find a Leia costume). Of course DH says, that really the babies should go as Luke and Leia, DH could dress as Darth Vader and I have no idea who I would be in this year...

11. 3greysandamutt

3greysandamutt Well-Known Member

4-yr-old DD wants to be (surprise!) a princess... so I think the boys will be a dragon (AJ) and a knight (Ben).

12. Marieber

Marieber Well-Known Member

They keep changing their minds. Jade vascillates between wanting to be an astronaut, a skeleton, and a hockey puck! :rolleyes:

Melissa is pretty set on wanting to be...I forget, something really girly-princessy (I better get it straight).

13. alliandre

alliandre Well-Known Member

My oldest wants them all to be farm animals and DH and I to be the farmer and his wife.

14. mar66rus2

mar66rus2 Well-Known Member

I am thinking I want the girls to be Minnie Mouse. I just think that they would be cute in them! Emily hasn't said anything yet, and I could change my mind. We were at my sis's talking and we came up with something for all of us to be, but I am completly blanking on it!

15. ddancerd1

ddancerd1 Well-Known Member

QUOTE(alliandre @ Jul 28 2008, 08:54 PM) [snapback]901439[/snapback]
    My oldest wants them all to be farm animals and DH and I to be the farmer and his wife.

okay, this is really cute!

16. chris629

chris629 Well-Known Member

Sean had all of our costumes planned since last Halloween, lol.
    So he will be Spider Man again, Josh will be one of the chipmunks I think, Daddy was going to get Super Man and mommy was going to be a witch. Thanks Sean!

17. brlowe

brlowe Well-Known Member

QUOTE(alliandre @ Jul 28 2008, 09:54 PM) [snapback]901439[/snapback]

We're thinking about doing the same, except DS will be the farmer. I'd like to dress the girls as a sheep and maybe a chick. I think it would be super cute! DS was a cow for his first Halloween and I loved it! :D

18. twinreverb

twinreverb Well-Known Member

lil' monsters... jeramie wants them to be a devil and an angel... we shall see who wins.

19. lorig6

lorig6 Well-Known Member

I wanted to do a devil and angel but I'm afraid Leah would get upset when she saw pics that she was a devil. My DH thinks I'm being ridiculous. I like the tortes and hare idea.

20. rrodman

rrodman Well-Known Member

QUOTE(beemer @ Jul 28 2008, 05:33 PM) [snapback]900968[/snapback]
    Have you guys given any thought to what costumes you will get your kids for Halloween? Are you planning to dress them the same?

My mom bought really cute turtle and chick/duck (can't remember which) costumes on a really good sale at Children' Place, so we're going with that. I had been planning on making Jack a monkey (we call him Chunky Monkey or Monkey Boy because he used to make monkey sounds) and Anna as a banana. But I can't pass up the free and very cute costumes from my mom!

21. melissak

melissak Well-Known Member

I call them my little monkey's so I think they will be monkeys!

22. tater

tater Active Member

I think my oldest dd is going to be the cat in the hat and the twins are going to be thing 1 and thing 2. That may all change by October, but that is my thought as of today! :)

Sandi

23. alankford

alankford Well-Known Member

My Twins were Thing 1 & Thing 2 last year, Super Cute!!! BRU has red onsies for it. In Houston it's too hot to really dress up for halloween. I don't know what we will be this year though. Guess I'll start looking. I was thinking monkeys too.

24. Marieber

Marieber Well-Known Member

QUOTE(LoriD @ Jul 29 2008, 08:30 AM) [snapback]901928[/snapback]
    I wanted to do a devil and angel but I'm afraid Leah would get upset when she saw pics that she was a devil. My DH thinks I'm being ridiculous. I like the tortes and hare idea.

We did it for their second Halloween. I don't think Jade will mind having been the devil.

25. sjohnson813

sjohnson813 Well-Known Member

I have been thinking about this since they were born and I still don't have a clue. I want to do coordinating outfits, but not the same. They will almost be 7 months by then.

26. beemer

beemer Well-Known Member

Wow - sounds like just about everyone wants to do something coordinating, but not exactly the same. I am surprised. Lots of good ideas, though. I particularly liked the farm animal, farmer & wife idea. What does a farmer's wife look like though?

27. lld74

lld74 Member

DH wants the boys to go as the Blues Brothers. I have not yet decided...

28. 4kidsmomexpectingtwins

4kidsmomexpectingtwins Well-Known Member

I had thought about Stefan being a monkey... we call him chunky monkey, too, as he constantly sticks his little tongue out and makes a monkey face, besides the fact that he is so much bigger than Molly... and Molly a ladybug... we call her little bug. I don't know for sure though. I also like the idea of Raggedy Ann and Andy, or Mickey and Minnie Mouse. Guess we will see when the holiday gets closer. I imagine, Emily will want to be a witch or a princess, Erica will want to dress gothic, Ashley wants to be a wrestler (she and a friend have discussed dressing up like Matt and Jeff Hardy, wrestlers), and Kyle isn't into dressing up... I will probably talk him into a halloween t-shirt, but nothing more. :D

29. AmynTony

AmynTony Well-Known Member

first Halloween my DD went as a Philadelphia Eagles cheerleader and DS went as a Pittsburgh Steelers football player (you can tell our household loyalties!)...last year they went as Piglet and Tigger (borrowed costumes)...

30. ldwa

ldwa Well-Known Member

my girls will be little lambs! I actually got the costumes last year on clearance (already knew I was having twins)-- costumes are adorable! I can't wait to see them in them!

31. cheriek

cheriek Well-Known Member

QUOTE(lynnymama @ Jul 30 2008, 10:24 AM) [snapback]904164[/snapback]
    my girls will be little lambs! I actually got the costumes last year on clearance (already knew I was having twins)-- costumes are adorable! I can't wait to see them in them!

aww you should go as bo-peep!

32. twinmuffin

twinmuffin Well-Known Member

I really want to do something coordinating for all 3 of my kids, but don't have good ideas. I was thinking DS could go as a fireman and DD's as Dalmatians, but I think the dalmatians might be too boyish, and I'm sure DS is going to want to go as batman. Any baby girl ideas to go along with batman? LOL.

33. Elvisbaby

Elvisbaby Member

I found a little bo-peep costume and little lamb constumes with a blue and pink bow. That was one idea.

Another, to get DH involved was have him dress as a gorilla and the kids as bananas. I don't know how I would fit in there.

34. shelley79

shelley79 Well-Known Member

QUOTE(tater @ Jul 29 2008, 02:03 PM) [snapback]902095[/snapback]
    I think my oldest dd is going to be the cat in the hat and the twins are going to be thing 1 and thing 2. That may all change by October, but that is my thought as of today! :)

Sandi

I was going to do Thing 1 and Thing 2 also!