What are your twins obsessed with?

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by mamaof2miracles, Dec 5, 2006.

1. mamaof2miracles

mamaof2miracles Well-Known Member

Over here it is Mickey Mouse. I took them to the Disney store and introduced them to Mickey, Minnie, Donald, and Pooh prior to going to Disney so they would be excited when they were there. I bought them a Mickey t-shirt and Mickey forks and spoons. Flash forward to now....3 weeks post Disney where DH bought them a big Mickey stuffed animals and Minnie hats:
    Mickey has to sleep with them no matter what. Mickey has to sit in a doll highchair and eat while they eat(he likes to eat raisins for those who did not know). I have to offer Mickey a drink a water when they drink a sip before going to bed. On occassion I have had to change Mickey because he had poo poo. We are going on day 11 of Mickey Mouse shirts. (thank goodness we have 4 and I can rotate them). The first thing they say when they wake up is "mommy Mickey shirt peas" I am surprised that I get PJs on them at night.
    It used to be Elmo but that high pitched, furry, red guy got majorly kicked to the curb.
    Anyone else have twins that need to go to Mickey Addicts Anonymous or have any other obsession?

2. mamaof2miracles

mamaof2miracles Well-Known Member

Over here it is Mickey Mouse. I took them to the Disney store and introduced them to Mickey, Minnie, Donald, and Pooh prior to going to Disney so they would be excited when they were there. I bought them a Mickey t-shirt and Mickey forks and spoons. Flash forward to now....3 weeks post Disney where DH bought them a big Mickey stuffed animals and Minnie hats:
    Mickey has to sleep with them no matter what. Mickey has to sit in a doll highchair and eat while they eat(he likes to eat raisins for those who did not know). I have to offer Mickey a drink a water when they drink a sip before going to bed. On occassion I have had to change Mickey because he had poo poo. We are going on day 11 of Mickey Mouse shirts. (thank goodness we have 4 and I can rotate them). The first thing they say when they wake up is "mommy Mickey shirt peas" I am surprised that I get PJs on them at night.
    It used to be Elmo but that high pitched, furry, red guy got majorly kicked to the curb.
    Anyone else have twins that need to go to Mickey Addicts Anonymous or have any other obsession?

3. melissao

melissao Well-Known Member

My children have a MAJOR Thomas obsession. I have WAY, WAY, WAY too much $$$ invested in Thomas. I hope they love it for a few more years [​IMG]

4. Juj

Juj Well-Known Member

I have two Mickey Addicts here!

They love the show and have Mickey Mouse phones. I bought them Mickey/Minnie Mouse pjs but am hoping to save them for Christmas.

Katherine also has a thing for Old King Cole. We have a Old King Cole book that we read a zillion times a day. She also calls the King from their Little People castle, Old King Cole.

She'll walk around the house saying/announcing/screaming that "Old King Cole is a merry old soul!"

5. jem0622

jem0622 Well-Known Member

Barney and The Wiggles here. And, interestingly enough...they beg to watch 'cat' (Garfield and Garfield: Tale of Two Kitties). [​IMG]

6. mom i am

mom i am Well-Known Member

My guys are obsessed with sticks. [​IMG]

7. ads3046

ads3046 Well-Known Member

ELMO, ELMO, ELMO!!!!!!! [​IMG]

Angela

8. Babytimes2

Babytimes2 Well-Known Member

quote:
    My guys are obsessed with sticks. [​IMG]

Same here, Trace! [​IMG]

9. Ali M

Ali M Well-Known Member

For us, it is Dora and Diego. I always hear them playing games that they saw on Dora and using phrases that they learned there too. Pillows laid in a line become a "Rainforest Race", money goes into the piggybank for "safekeeping", they love looking at any kind of map, the stuffed Baby Jaguar is usually fought over, and they often tell people that they are Dora & Boots. I think my aunt has bought them literally every single Dora DVD.

10. TwinxesMom

TwinxesMom Well-Known Member

Currently its the backyardagains expecially pablo and uniqua

11. stuntdouble

stuntdouble Well-Known Member

The disney movie Cars and they HAVE to wear their dumptruck and firetruck shirts EVERYDAY.

12. Meximeli

Meximeli Well-Known Member

Here's a weird one. Mexican Independence Day is Sept. 16th. Ever since then they are obsessed with Mexican flags and just about anything that is red-green-white. It actually started during the world cup, when I bought them little soccer uniforms. Everytime they see something that is red-green-white, they shout Viva Mexico! and won't stop until I shout it too. [​IMG]

13. my ds loves thomas the tank engine (he takes all 50 trains to bed every night LOL ). and for my dd it is Dora. Just the other day a mexican man held the door for us when we were out shopping and she looks at him and said "gracious amigo"---I almost fell out. Kids these days learn so much from shows like that and my kids never cease to amaze me....

14. 2IrishBlessings

2IrishBlessings Well-Known Member

Right now its Christmas lights, everywhere we go they want to go look at the "Pretty Lights". They are loving this christmas season not about the toys but the beauty of it.

15. hudsonfour

hudsonfour Well-Known Member

Shoes! They will find them and put them on within minutes of waking. They also are obsessed with our mini pin "Poco Loco"
    sue

16. Amy A

Amy A Well-Known Member

Clifford! Which is sort of difficult as you can't find any clifford paraphenilia - only have the DVD's to watch and grandma has a stuffed clifford dog. They only stuff I can find is on-line and then you have to pay shipping. I added some of it on their Christmas list for the grandparents [​IMG]

17. RachelJoy

RachelJoy Well-Known Member

Cows (and cats, but mostly cows)

18. * Dana *

* Dana * Well-Known Member

hmm. Elmo, Thomas the Train and Little Bear. Oh - and my son has a bizarre obsession with a particular pair of PJs with a firetruck on them. They were in the dirty laundry tonight and it was not a pretty scene convincing him to let me put him in another pair. So that's #1 on my to do list tomorrow. Wash the dang fire truck PJs!!

19. cabonnell

cabonnell Well-Known Member

Elmo and the Wiggles. Amber will actually bring me her Wiggles dvd and hand it to me and give me a single yell "argh!". She doesn't say much yet, but can sure shout a lot.

20. DBist77

DBist77 Well-Known Member

My boy is obsessed with Bicyles!!! It's so hard going to the park because if there is a bicycle, my son says....akoba!!!!

His twin sister is obsessed with getting undressed.

My 4 year old is a Mickey mouse lover!!! She has to wear Gloves 24/7

stacia

21. NicoleT

NicoleT Well-Known Member

Our obessions at the moment are Thomas and brushing their teeth! [​IMG] They ALWAYS want to brush! They also are in awe of all the Christmas lights and like to walk the neighborhood at night to view them all. Polar Express-- they saw it once and LOVE it. I am not kidding you the 2 will sit through the entire 85 minutes of the movie!!

22. Marieber

Marieber Well-Known Member

The Backyardigans and BOOKS in general! They love books and I LOVE THAT.

They are also currently obsessed with the Baby Einstein "Words About Town" (the newest one?) DVD. I'm thinking they are too old for BE, but they keep wanting to watch this one every single night.

...but I'd also love if they loved to brush their teeth! (actually, if they loved me to brush their teeth)

ETA: Oh, and Melissa is totally obsessed with "do it myself" -- she has to do everything herself! Jade is obsessed with her New Jersey Devils jersey ("hockey shirt").

23. Snittens

Snittens Well-Known Member

The cats. Every time one of the cats is in sight, it's "cat cat cat cat!" and now they both sign Cat, although they both do it weird. Ainsley signs cat on her head and Bea kind of bangs her wrists together. It took me a while on both of them to figure out that they were doing "cat".
    You can't say shoes around Bea without her finding a pair of shoes and bringing them to you.

24. cowgirl

cowgirl Well-Known Member

Shoes, especially the clicky kind for Lane. LOL Also the Hefalump movie and Dora and Diego. Popcicles are also a HUGE favorite and can fix anything. Sarah is over it now, but she went through a major band-aid fascination at one time and we went through boxs and boxs of band-aids.

Mary

25. sharon_with_j_and_n

sharon_with_j_and_n Well-Known Member

Jingle bells. Now that they can sing it, that's all they want to do. They start singing it in the bathtub, when I plug in the lights on the tree, with all their musical instruments as accompaniment. They love this song!

[​IMG]