what brand yogurt is healthiest and flavor?

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by lbzg, May 29, 2011.

1. lbzg

lbzg Well-Known Member

For year old babes, what brand of yogurt has the best nutrition and what flavors? I am afraid the fruit ones are basically sugar.

2. FGMH

FGMH Well-Known Member

I use only plain full-fat yoghurt and make sure to check there are no additives at all. I sometimes add fruit or cereal to that myself.

3. w101ttd

w101ttd Well-Known Member

I use whole yogurt, add fruits (mango, strawberry,...). I love meijer store brand. Its the best, very very low in sugar, thick and creamy. They used to have yobaby.

4. Reeny691

Reeny691 Well-Known Member

I give Yobaby. Its the only full fat flavored yogurt I can find. Its also organic

5. vharrison1969

vharrison1969 Well-Known Member

I just bought the plain, full-fat Stonyfield farms quarts, and added fruit, preserves, avocado, etc. to it to flavor it. My guys *loved* it, and I didn't have to worry about all the added sugar. :)

6. w101ttd

w101ttd Well-Known Member

I added mixed veggies baby food into his yogurt last night. And he loved it. :silly:

7. ChaoticMum

ChaoticMum Well-Known Member

Have you tried making your own yogourt? Its really very easy and you can control what goes into it. Let me know if you're interested, I can share my recipe/method.

8. kgar

kgar Well-Known Member

I bought full-fat YoBaby, but I cut the sugar (and cost) in half by mixing it with plain Greek yogurt. Greek yogurt is much higher in protein than standard American yogurt.

9. k2daho

k2daho Well-Known Member

We buy full fat plain yogurt, and don't even add fruit. Babies don't care. They love plain yogurt, and I think it's good for them to learn not to expect everything to taste sweet or sugary. I think many of us search to give them flavoured yogurt simply because we don't want to eat plain yogurt. Try the plain, they might just love it!

10. fmcquinn

fmcquinn Well-Known Member

My girls love Stoneyfield. We also get Yo Toddler for on the go.

11. SC

SC Well-Known Member

We eat Chobani Greek yogurt for the protein content. There are great flavors, although the sugar could be a little lower I suppose. I don't worry much about that. I like knowing that the boys (and me) are getting a good protein load in the morning.

12. Minette

Minette Well-Known Member

I always used organic full-fat plain yogurt and added baby food or organic applesauce to it. (They wouldn't eat it plain -- we tried.)