What Carseats/Boosters do you have?

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by fourznuff, Sep 13, 2008.

1. fourznuff

fourznuff Well-Known Member

We're in the market for new ones so I was wondering what the favorites were out there. Sorry if this is posted somewhere else.

2. twoin2005

twoin2005 Well-Known Member

We have the Britax Roundabouts that we are growing out of. Actually, we need new ones (wish we got the Marathons). The kids are big enough to use the Graco Turbo Boosters, and we have those for my parent's car. I would like them for ourselves but they do not have the five point harness.

3. ljcrochet

ljcrochet Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I wondering the same thing. I have the Britax marathon in my car. DH used to have the Scenera but they are in MIL's car. Sydney told MIL today that she needs to give DH back the car seats and get new ones for her car.

4. Stephanie M

Stephanie M Well-Known Member

We have the Britax Marathons and we are very happy with them. I like the fact that my children have lots of growing room in them. I believe they go to 65 pounds. They are very soft and comfy . . . I think. They are also easy to wash. Yes, they are expensive; however, when you think about how long they will/can use them then I truly think you'll get your money worth.

5. AliPaige717

AliPaige717 Well-Known Member

I have Britax Decathlons in my car and Sunshine Radian 65's in DH's car. Both are 5 point harnesses and go up to 65lbs. I like both seats and take the radians when traveling because they are easier. My girls will probably be in these for at least 2 more years.

6. allgood2000

allgood2000 Well-Known Member

Nate and Drew use the Graco Turbobooster high back booster with memory foam. They are super comfy for them. In fact, I just washed the covers last week and learned that they are reversible! Now, the boys have chosen to have them on the soft, fleecy side. They are really soft. They are also very easy to adjust to the correct height for your children. We've been using them for about 18 months and have been really happy with them.

If you are thinking you want the seats to be harnessed, you can't go wrong with Britax seats! I love the Britax roundabouts that my twins used until they were outgrown - and now Jake is in one of them. The Marathon's would be a great choice, if you feel strongly about them being harnessed a little longer.

7. fourznuff

fourznuff Well-Known Member

Thanks for all the replies!

QUOTE(twoin2005 @ Sep 13 2008, 07:22 PM) [snapback]978873[/snapback]
    We have the Britax Roundabouts that we are growing out of. Actually, we need new ones (wish we got the Marathons).

This is what we have too. I'm actually glad we didn't get the Marathons because I really want something with a cup holder (silly, I know).

QUOTE(ljcrochet @ Sep 13 2008, 07:29 PM) [snapback]978882[/snapback]
    Sydney told MIL today that she needs to give DH back the car seats and get new ones for her car.

:laughing: That's funny!

QUOTE(allgood2000 @ Sep 13 2008, 09:38 PM) [snapback]979041[/snapback]
    Nate and Drew use the Graco Turbobooster high back booster with memory foam. They are super comfy for them. In fact, I just washed the covers last week and learned that they are reversible! Now, the boys have chosen to have them on the soft, fleecy side. They are really soft. They are also very easy to adjust to the correct height for your children. We've been using them for about 18 months and have been really happy with them.

If you are thinking you want the seats to be harnessed, you can't go wrong with Britax seats! I love the Britax roundabouts that my twins used until they were outgrown - and now Jake is in one of them. The Marathon's would be a great choice, if you feel strongly about them being harnessed a little longer.

I was thinking about the Graco Nautilus. I think it is similar to the Turbobooster but can use a 5-point to 65 lbs.

I am also looking at the Britax Frontier (5-point to 80 lbs.) but the cup holders look really flimsy (again, silly, I know) and the arm rests look awkward. Does anyone know anything about these two seats? I just can't justify the fact that one Britax would cost the same as two Graco Nautilus! I will be going to BRU with my $20 carseat coupon (each, woohoo) and twin discount for sure.

8. Holdentwins

Holdentwins Well-Known Member

QUOTE(fourznuff @ Sep 14 2008, 03:19 PM) [snapback]979482[/snapback]
    Thanks for all the replies!
    This is what we have too. I'm actually glad we didn't get the Marathons because I really want something with a cup holder (silly, I know).
    :laughing: That's funny!
    I was thinking about the Graco Nautilus. I think it is similar to the Turbobooster but can use a 5-point to 65 lbs.

I am also looking at the Britax Frontier (5-point to 80 lbs.) but the cup holders look really flimsy (again, silly, I know) and the arm rests look awkward. Does anyone know anything about these two seats? I just can't justify the fact that one Britax would cost the same as two Graco Nautilus! I will be going to BRU with my $20 carseat coupon (each, woohoo) and twin discount for sure.

we are getting the nautilus-- great reviews!! and the price is right

9. T.O. Twins

T.O. Twins Well-Known Member

When my girls outgrow their Roundabouts I was also planning on getting the Nautalus or Frontier so that I can keep them in a 5 point harness as long as possible.

It may be worthwhile to take the kids with you to the store to see how they fit in the seats.

10. caba

caba Banned

Mine are still little ... we have the Radian 80s. I like 'em so far!

11. MEARA

MEARA Well-Known Member

Britax! Worth the money. Target has on sale.

12. egoury

egoury Well-Known Member

We just switched from the Roundabouts to the Graco Turbo Boosters and have been happy with them so far. The girls love their big girl carseats and I love that they can get out by themselves when we are parked so I don't have to crawl back there yet again.

13. Babytimes2

Babytimes2 Well-Known Member

We have the Safety 1st Apex 65 based on the recommendations of our local child car seat safety program. We like them a lot and they can use the 5 point harness to 65 pounds. My neighbor just bought the Graco Nautilus for her son and she likes it as well. Good luck!

14. Sofiesmom

Sofiesmom Well-Known Member

Marathons and a Radian 65. Love them all, but the Radians are great for fitting more seats across, have even higher top slots so my 95% 4 year old still has plenty of space to grow. I expect her to be in the seat until age 6, which is excellent.

Marathons are easy to install, very comfy, a little bulky and the top slots are high but not high enough for very large children even you want to keep them harnassed beyond age 4.

15. Becca34

Becca34 Well-Known Member

I have the Recaro Young Sport, which is a fantastic seat, but I wish I had gotten something that harnessed beyond 40 pounds. My 4.5-year-old is just now hitting 40 pounds, and I am on the fence on whether to buy new seats so I can keep her harnessed longer, or whether I should go ahead and convert these to a belt-positioning booster....