What diapers do you use?

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by JessiePlus2, May 21, 2009.

?

What brand diapers do you use most often?

1. Huggies

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Pampers

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Luvs

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Target brand

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Wal-mart brand

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Sam's Club brand

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Other store brand (please name)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Cloth

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Other name brand (please name)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. JessiePlus2

JessiePlus2 Well-Known Member

Poll pretty much says it all. I've been using Huggies, but I'm open to trying a less expensive brand. I tried Luvs, but they left my twins rashy.

2. nurseandrea02

nurseandrea02 Well-Known Member

I'm a HUGE Pampers fan. My boys leak out of Huggies a lot & I always thought Huggies seemed a bit more uncomfortable in texture. I don't really like the SMELL of Pampers...or the cost ;)!

That being said, at daycare, where they get changed much more frequently, I use Target brand. I really like them & so does daycare. The boys haven't had any trouble & we haven't had ANY blow outs. I'm thinking of switching over to Target....at least with Aiden who's starting to potty train & doesn't soak his diapers like Conner does!

I tried Walmart (again, for daycare) & HATED them. They seemed uncomfortable, didn't fasten well, & both boys blew out two or three times out of a small pack. NOT impressed.

3. becasquared

becasquared Well-Known Member TS Moderator

We use Pampers babydry just because it seems to be the best fitting for my two skinny kiddys.

We do use the Huggies overnights on R because he has issues with peeing out of his diaper overnight.

4. Sarah74

Sarah74 Well-Known Member

I used to only buy Huggies but one week when we were short on $ I bought the Wal-mart brand. They did ok so I'll continue to use them unless they start having problems.

5. meganguttman

meganguttman Well-Known Member

I buy either Pampers or Luvs but mainly Luvs b/c of the price. The Target brand gave them rashes. If I buy Pampers (only w/ a coupon) I get the Baby Dry ones b/c they are cheaper and work just as great. I am however, addicted to the cucumber smelling Huggies wipes! It makes changing a stinky diaper bearable!

6. Beth*J

Beth*J Well-Known Member

We've tried everything and Pampers works the best for us. They aren't a cheaper option though.

7. jewels707

jewels707 Well-Known Member

"Earth's Best" They truly are the "best". They are made from sustainable products, and do not have chlorine. Best of all my kids chronic diaper rashes cleared up since we switched and they have not had even one since! I purchase them online from diapers.com b/c they have free shipping.

8. JessiePlus2

JessiePlus2 Well-Known Member

Well, I purchased some Pampers Baby Dry diapers this morning. They were the same price as Huggies, but since I'm not in love with Huggies, I thought it was worth trying something different.

I also love the cucumber wipes from Huggies! They do smell so nice and fresh. I keep those in my diaper bag for changes on the go, but use unscented ones for daily changes at home.

9. KYsweetheart

KYsweetheart Well-Known Member

Huggies supreme natural fit & luvs

10. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

We use pampers cruisers. I buy the big box at BJs usually with a coupon, but they are still pricey. However after trying kirkland and target, I think the price evens out with the amount of laundry I had to do with the other brands. Oh and we use Huggies overnights for bed.

11. paulacraft1

paulacraft1 Well-Known Member

We use Luvs. I like them the best so far. 2nd best is pampers, I hate huggies but use them at night for their overnights, haven't been able to find anything else for overnight until last night I found pampers extra something or other (doesn't say overnight but looks like one), used them last night and they were great! Found them at Giant!

12. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I usually like to use the BRU brand of diapers, they work well for our twosome but if we can get a good sale on Huggies or Pampers we will use them. I do use Huggies Overnights or Pampers Extra Protection for overnights...they work the best for that long stretch of time.

13. pamallhoney

pamallhoney Well-Known Member

We have used the Walmart brand now for 5 babies. I'm not sure if they are different in the States than what we have here in Canada. Anyways, just recently they changed the diapers and I'm very unhappy about it. I called and complained, got some coupons and am just hoping they might go back to the old style. If not I'll try a bigger size and if that doesn't work I'll move on to something else.

14. ghanigirl

ghanigirl Well-Known Member

Costco's Kirkland brand :)

15. twoplustwo

twoplustwo Well-Known Member

huggies and kirkland

16. cjk2002

cjk2002 Well-Known Member

Walmart's Parent's Choice. I've used them since they were about 8 months old. As long as I make sure to pull them out around their legs, I don't have any problems. For about 2 weeks I was get poop leaks and once I made sure it was not bunched around their legs we were fine and have not had a leak in over 3 months.

We use size 4- 92 diapers for $13.92

For bedtime I use Huggies Overnights and those work great. Very rarely do they wake up in wet pj's.

17. cohlee

cohlee Well-Known Member

I voted for Target because that is what they wear all day. They wear Pampers Baby Dry at night though!

18. AmynTony

AmynTony Well-Known Member

Huggies were my fave...Wegmans (local grocery store) had their own brand and they were good too!- Pampers and Luvs gave them rashy butts - and still do!

19. Trishandthegirls

Trishandthegirls Well-Known Member

Costco (Kirkland)! I love their diapers...

20. sharerc

sharerc Well-Known Member

We use whatever brand was given to us. We still haven't purchased any diapers yet. But when we do (in about a month most likely), I will get Huggies. Those are my favorite so far. I also like pampers cruisers. So whatever Costco carries is what we will buy. I've been lucky in the diaper department! ;)

21. plattsandra103

plattsandra103 Well-Known Member

I like Pampers Baby Dry best. Mine tended to blow out of regular huggies but sometimes i buy them in a pinch. Recently bought them Huggies Supreme, but i noticed their butts sweat a lot :S they seem to trap a lot of moisture and Ally got a MAJOR rash. Same problem with Luvs. Now ally is pretty much potty trained she only wears diapers to bed at night. We use huggies overnites and now the overnite pull ups.

22. Halseyse

Halseyse Well-Known Member

One of my girls got a rash from using one of the pampers brand diapers. We usually do Huggies or Luv's. I like the Huggies cause they seem to fit nicely and don't get full too quickly, but the material does feel uncomfortable [at the same time the babies haven't complained]. Also if you like Huggies, COSTCO brand diapers are very similar, they just don't smell powdery fresh :) I like Luv's cause they're not bulky, but I've noticed they get full quicker.

23. two.heartbeats

two.heartbeats Well-Known Member

We use Pampers Cruisers during the day and Huggies Overnites overnight. We tried Luvs and they are just terrible. The tabs always break off so easily. DS always breaks them and off comes his diaper!

24. Buttercup1

Buttercup1 Well-Known Member

I use Kirkland (Costco brand) during the day and Pampers at night.

25. stefwebb

stefwebb Well-Known Member

We used Pampers Baby Dry until a couple of months ago. We started taking Luvs to daycare because they were cheaper and didn't see much difference so we started using them at home too. So far no more overnight leaks than with the Pampers - we do a size bigger at night. We did for awhile use the BJs brand (Berkely and Jensen) for daycare, but they are stiff which is why we moved quickly to Luvs.

26. AimeeThomp

AimeeThomp Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Luvs during the day and Huggies Overnights at night!

27. twinboys07

twinboys07 Well-Known Member

We use cloth during the day and Pampers Cruisers at night.

28. Bridgett

Bridgett Well-Known Member

QUOTE(two.heartbeats @ May 21 2009, 05:17 PM) [snapback]1323473[/snapback]
    We use Pampers Cruisers during the day and Huggies Overnites overnight. We tried Luvs and they are just terrible. The tabs always break off so easily. DS always breaks them and off comes his diaper!

We do the same!

29. Brownie110

Brownie110 Well-Known Member

QUOTE(sharerc @ May 21 2009, 04:54 PM) [snapback]1323361[/snapback]
    We use whatever brand was given to us. We still haven't purchased any diapers yet. But when we do (in about a month most likely), I will get Huggies. Those are my favorite so far. I also like pampers cruisers. So whatever Costco carries is what we will buy. I've been lucky in the diaper department! ;)

30. Brownie110

31. Brownie110

We use Bjs club brand during the day, and pampers at night! much cheaper

32. kuchar

kuchar Well-Known Member

I am a big fan of the Target diaper! Where we live, it is the cheapest diaper you can find, even if you were to add in coupons for the other brands, and they work great for us! They switched their design, so they are light blue and light green polka dots now, which the twins love! (they call them their "pokey dot diapers")
    Helen

33. djpizzuti

djpizzuti Well-Known Member

We've had great success with the Mom 2 Mom brand sold by Pavillions (Safeway). They are by far the least expensive (a case is usually $13), we buy the "supreme" model :lol: , and I'd stack them up against Huggies any day.

34. E&Msmom

E&Msmom Well-Known Member

we mainly use cloth but when we use disposables we either use huggies (which are spendy) or we use a brand called COMFORTS FOR BABY - they sell them at stores like kroger. they work fantastic and they are much cheaper.
    Ive tried Luvs and hated them. Also used pampers when they were little but they didnt work as they grew into toddlerhood.

35. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

For sposies, I am a huge Huggies fan... but always used the Sam's CLub generic because of $$.

I voted however for my current son who is cloth diapered.