What did you get and/or what are you doing for Mother's day?

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by summerfun, May 13, 2007.

1. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Happy Mother's Day.

I thought it would be fun to see what gifts everyone got and/or what you are doing for the day.

Last night my DH, Dad, and BIL, surprised me, my Mom, and my sister (it was supposed to be my other sister too, but they had plans) with a gift certificate and reservations for dinner at a very nice restaurant here. It was nice we were each able to get a drink, a meal, and dessert and we still had $3 left on our gift certificate. It was all my DH's idea too, I was very impressed. :wub:

Then this morning DH got me season 1 DVD of 90210, yes I actually asked for this. :D

Today we will be going to DH's parents house for a cook out.

So what did you get and what are you doing today???

2. Shadyfeline

Shadyfeline Well-Known Member

DH and my SD gave me my present on Friday since it was my SD's w/e at her mom's. She mad me her own card that said, "I hope you took your happy pills, because here's something special....Oh wait, it is not your Bday but Happy Mother's Day!" sooo funny and a small ceramic change holder thingy from her room that she wrapped from her and the boys. DH got me a beautiful necklace with a Heart Pendant that says "Love Mom". Today I will be home with the boys while DH is working his 12hr. shift and SD is at her mom's.

3. debid

debid Well-Known Member

A big fat nothing just like last year.

My mother is sick so the plans I made with her are off. DH doesn't believe he should do anything for me because I'm not HIS mother.

Sorry to be a downer.

4. summerfun

QUOTE(debid @ May 13 2007, 11:34 AM) [snapback]253553[/snapback]

My mother is sick so the plans I made with her are off. DH doesn't believe he should do anything for me because I'm not HIS mother.

Sorry to be a downer.

That is not fair. I'm so sorry!

5. Saiynee

Saiynee Well-Known Member

Dh gave me a ticket to go see David Boreanaz in an off-broadway play. I am so excited! I had asked for it, not thinking he'd really get it for me, because I am going to go alone, on the subway into the village where I have never been. But he knew how much I wanted it and so in two weeks I am off to oogle my fantasy hunk.

This afternoon I am going to my grandma's. My entire family is heading out there to surprise her.

6. Saiynee

Saiynee Well-Known Member

DH doesn't believe he should do anything for me because I'm not HIS mother.

That stinks. My BIL is the same way with my sister, though I think he does buy her flowers from the boys.

7. FirstTimeMom814

FirstTimeMom814 Well-Known Member

A card. That's it, nothing else.

8. mandylouwho

mandylouwho Well-Known Member

My BIL was down this weekend, (My MIL and FIL live here), so he was able to watch the boys (while they slept), and we had a date!!! We went to a movie, and had a great time...just like the old days. I got to sleep late...then got some homeade things from my boys...its been great!

To Debid..

Sorry to be a downer.

THIS SUCKS!!!! The fact that you are still breastfeeding twin toddlers deserves a solid gold medal!!

9. becky5

becky5 Guest

I got a card, a balloon, and a chocolate rose...yum!

10. noahandjacobsmom

noahandjacobsmom Well-Known Member

DH and boys gave me roses, card and a DVD. I also had a brunch out of the house!!!! Now that was the real treat. The family had a wonderful outing. :)

11. AmynTony

AmynTony Well-Known Member

we got a sitter last night and went out to dinner and today I got a card from the twins and one from DH and 2 Paula Deen books - one cookbook and her memoir "It Ain't All About the Cookin'"...and I got 10 minutes to myself to read it!

12. melissao

melissao Well-Known Member

We went to brunch with the kids and DH's grandparents. It was really nice. The food was yummy and the kids were AMAZINGLY well behaved. Then they took a nap which is really like a gift to me! DH sent me some beautiful roses and also gave me a necklace when the baby was born that was for the birth/mother's day/my birthday. The kids got me a pretty red geranium from the Farmer's Market.

Happy Mother's Day to all :)

13. I got my honey-go list taken care of!!!! Woo hooo!!!! :banana:

14. UD Flyer

UD Flyer Well-Known Member

DH and the girls got me some nice cards. Inside the one from the girls there was a homemade gift certificate good for a cleaning lady for the year!!!!! I am sooooo excited. I have been asking for one since before Christmas. DH is traveling Sunday night to Friday morning every week until December. I have been killing myself trying to keep up with everything around the house. This gift will allow me to have a little bit of time to relax. I am calling a few cleaning ladies tomorrow to set up some consultations. I am hoping to have someone hired by the end of the week!

15. Twinnylou

Twinnylou Well-Known Member

My partner is the not into all the lovely dovey stuff and i NEVER get cards or flowers as according to him they are a waste of money (he is very cheap lol) so when i went down stairs on Mothers day there was 2 cards sitting. I thought aw thats so cute as i really wasnt expecting anything. So i open them up and he had taken a picture of each baby holding a sign that said happy mothers day and put one in each card. The cards were beautiful and so thoughtfull not like him at all ( i think MIL helped but i am not complaing!)It was nice to finally recieve something! So there you go thats what i got for mothers day x

16. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

I got 2 bumbo chairs for the girls - which I do love and I hate to complain - but he made my oldest son pay for one of them with his own money (it has been burning a hole in Tad's pocket ever since he got it for his birthday in Feb. so he was willing to spend it but I feel so bad that he spent his b-day money on me!) it was really sweet of Tad but bad of dad!!

and I nspent most of the day babysitting my nephew and hanging out at home with the girls while Travis took the boys to
    his brother's house!!!

17. Crystal74

Crystal74 Well-Known Member

I got NOTHING also. I guess I can't complain. I have 4 wonderful children that I spent the entire day with. There will be plenty of years when they get older and they can do things on their own for me :)

Crystal

18. Lilpark

Lilpark Well-Known Member

I got a day out of the house to go get my hair done (cut and highlighted) and a pedicure. I got a card from the twins and one from dh and we went to lunch. Very nice day and my hair looks so much better.

19. Babies4Susan

Babies4Susan Well-Known Member

First off, I have 2 nieces with Cystic Fibrosis and one of them has contracted an infection that's really bad for C.F. patients. She's the younger, healthier one, so she was put into the hospital on the other side of the state and will probably be there for 2-4 weeks on heavy antibiotic treatments and we're praying that they can get rid of this infection. Her doctor has had success recently in patients with her health status.

The other, older niece was just finishing up a 2 weeks hospital stay and was to go home yesterday. To keep this infection away from her, on Saturday DH went over to my sister's house and helped BIL disinfect the house, top to bottom, laundry, everything, the entire day and well into the early morning hours. He stayed at his BIL's sister's house and then went to check in on him on Mother's Day morning before coming home.

He was planning on making me breakfast, but needless to say the help he gave my sister was much better of a gift than breakfast.

I also got tickets to see Faith Hill and Tim McGraw in concert in July. And we went out do dinner for Mexican food (my favorite). And apparently, it's also Grace's favorite as she packed away more Mexican food than I did. :)

20. sharon_with_j_and_n

sharon_with_j_and_n Well-Known Member

I feel bad because I remember posting that my mother's day was going to be spent cleaning up after the girls' birthday party because that's what I have ended up doing every year since their first birthday. I also posted what my dream Mother's Day would be--which is what it actually turned out to be!!!

First, after all the guests had left on Saturday (around 6:30pm) DH, told me to enjoy playing with the girls while he cleaned up. I had a very relaxing evening and then had a bath in our new air therapy tub. DH brought me a glass of wine. Then on Mother's Day, I sat and read the two home decorating magazines that DH had bought me and opened a cute card from the girls. Then when I went to have my shower, there was a new super-comfy robe from La Senza sitting there with a ribbon on it, which I lounged in after my shower. At 12:30 we went to brunch with my mom, then went and visited my MIL, and brought her flowers. Then we stopped by my Dad's and gave my stepmom flowers and visited a while. We sat in the backyard the rest of the afternoon while the kids enjoyed the swing set, the sandbox and the new golf game they got for their birthday. I had done a full buffet meal for the girls birthday so there was lots of leftovers and I just warmed up supper. I had another air therapy bath after we put the girls to bed. Finally we watched my movie pick for the night: "Notes on a Scandal" --and my perfect Mother's Day came to an end. What an awesome day!!!

21. Emerald

Emerald Well-Known Member

M&T colored me pictures for my cards/ T drew me a "colorful pick up truck" and M colored me "a cactus and a comet". LOL.
    DH let me sleep in both mornings on the weekend. (we usually switch, one each per weekend if we can). We do this for each other's birthday's too.
    Satuday night when DH was watching the hockey game, he suggested I take a nice long realxing bath. Which I did. ;)
    Dh also made me gluten free peanut butter cookies and breakfest Sunday in bed. :) With hot tea. :)
    We did bruch at SIL's house. That is a standing thing every year. This year it was very laid back (for ince). My MIL and other SIL was there with her family, so it was nice to see everybody. And it was a beautiful day, so we all spent a lot of time outside.
    But I had to work last night. I work one night on the weekend at a movie theatre in box office to get free movies for the family, and it is my tution money when I am taking classes. I'm the only mom that works there, but apparently I was fingered to work. Bizarre. I didn't check my schedule until late in the week, so it was too late to call and ask to switch.

22. melissao

melissao Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Babies4Susan @ May 14 2007, 09:07 AM) [snapback]254245[/snapback]
    First off, I have 2 nieces with Cystic Fibrosis and one of them has contracted an infection that's really bad for C.F. patients. She's the younger, healthier one, so she was put into the hospital on the other side of the state and will probably be there for 2-4 weeks on heavy antibiotic treatments and we're praying that they can get rid of this infection. Her doctor has had success recently in patients with her health status.

The other, older niece was just finishing up a 2 weeks hospital stay and was to go home yesterday. To keep this infection away from her, on Saturday DH went over to my sister's house and helped BIL disinfect the house, top to bottom, laundry, everything, the entire day and well into the early morning hours. He stayed at his BIL's sister's house and then went to check in on him on Mother's Day morning before coming home.

He was planning on making me breakfast, but needless to say the help he gave my sister was much better of a gift than breakfast.

I also got tickets to see Faith Hill and Tim McGraw in concert in July. And we went out do dinner for Mexican food (my favorite). And apparently, it's also Grace's favorite as she packed away more Mexican food than I did. :)

I'm sorry to hear about your nieces Susan! You'll have to keep us posted on how they are doing :hug99: I had an older cousin with CF, so I know how awful it is!

23. traceyru

traceyru Well-Known Member

i had a "mother's day weekend" to my surprise we had a cook-out and dh's aunts house, which was really nice all the kids were playing, then my dh's friend called & offered to take me out to dinner for mother'd day( i let dh come lol) my niece came over & watched the kids, then on sunday the kids gave me my presents they made in school i love those the best...dh gave everyone breakfast & started to get everyone dressed to go to my mil's, i finished with the twins and went outside to wait for her to come pick up the kids, dh came home with flowers 4 me, my 6yo got on her scooter (WITHOUT HER HELMET) i told her to put it away nana was coming so on her way back down the block she fell & cracked her head open on the sidewalk :shok: , BLOOD EVERWHERE !!! So a large part of my afternoon was in the er getting brooke stitched up 8 to be exact...she is such a trooper no tears, she yelled a bit when they gave her the needle to knub it but that's it... :good: so she wanted to go to to nana's since dhe felt ok, so she went with everyone..& i went to dinner with my mom ...so it will be a mother's day that i will always remember....

24. NicoleT

NicoleT Well-Known Member

I got 2 card's (from DH and the kids) and DH went and got us all breakfast. My gift was a new cell phone, but he wanted me to go and pick it out so I don't actually have it yet.

In the afternoon we went to my moms and my brother and I cooked-- lasagna, salad and garlic bread- strawberry shortcake for dessert. It was a nice relaxing day.

25. ec twins

ec twins Well-Known Member

My hubby picked up breakfast for us and gave me some flowers and a body pillow (I'm pregnant again ...)

We had our entire family over for brunch (so I got to cook, clean & host - yea...) My wonderful parents spoiled me with some cash so I could go shopping, which I never get to do anymore. It was a beautiful day and my boys got to see all their relatives, so all in all it was great!

26. Kaylee Marie

Kaylee Marie Well-Known Member

My dear, dear, DH gave me TWO WHOLE WEEKS without chores. Yes, for the next two weeks, I don't have to lift a finger around the house. All meals, dishes, laundry, and floor duty are on him!!!!!

I'm married to the best guy ever. :wub:

Edited to add: he also got me two cards (one from him and one from the babies) and two red roses.

27. greatexpectations

greatexpectations Well-Known Member

I got an iPod! Very cool. Now, if I could figure out what songs to put on it ...

28. Marieber

Marieber Well-Known Member

I better give DH an extra-big hug tonight. I must be spoiled rotten!

From DH: flowers, a cookbook, a J.Jill gift certificate, and some nice soap
    From the girls: a great big super magic mommy hero mug (selected by DH of course), and a little painted box they made From the au pair: a really nice bookmark, and a couple cookbooks for the computer (one is "Cooking with Kids")
    From step-mil: a new tote and some yummy gourmet products
    From mil: pearl earrings
    From my mother: nothing (we just didn't do all this for mother's day, but I have to admit...I LIKE IT!)

AND...we spent a very nice day as a family -- went to the Central Park Zoo and picnicked and strolled around the park afterwards (the girls love seeing the horse and carriages). Later we got takeout Italian from a new place I wanted to try.

We have vowed never to do brunch or dinner out on Mother's Day. I agreed so long as I get take out plenty of other times. ;) I hate going out days with a limited "special" menu and the crowds...

29. heathernd

heathernd Well-Known Member

Well, I am a little late to this thread, but I did get a nice gift from DH. He bought me a GPS, something I've been desperately needing for a very long time. I have a TERRIBLE sense of direction. I also got to sleep late, and he made breakfast, lunch, and dinner. He also helped me with the chores.

30. boogerkw

boogerkw Well-Known Member

I got breakfast in bed and my Mom and Grandma got me an outfit. So I had a pretty good Mother's Day.

31. Jennifer Jean

Jennifer Jean Well-Known Member

My hubby got me an mp3 player... My 12 year old was really excited that I got that because now I'll stop taking his! The big surprise was that my brother and sister in law bought me perfume..... Just because. :)... Oh and my step MIL gave me a Starbucks gift certificate, Yeah!

32. bethanne

bethanne Well-Known Member

Nada--except for a fight because dh didn't have "time" to get me anything. Whatever. :angry:

33. summerfun

QUOTE(bethanne @ May 17 2007, 10:54 PM) [snapback]259908[/snapback]
    Nada--except for a fight because dh didn't have "time" to get me anything. Whatever. :angry:

So sorry! :angry:

34. jayline

jayline Well-Known Member

well im a soon to be mommy n the hubby go me an alarm clock/ radio/ ipod dock that i wanted yippie .... n since my bday was the day after mothers day we just had a lil bbq at my house =)

35. double-or-nothing

double-or-nothing Well-Known Member

My DH bought me a boquet of flowers and bought me a new Samsung cell phone with bluetooth technology with the cordless headset. This will make life a bit easier when I need to have BOTH hands for the girls (or stroller) and still need to be on the phone (probably on hold forever with one of those stupid companies who think that you have all the time in the world to sit on the freakin phone just to "accidentally" disconnect you after waiting for a half-hour or being transfered to 15 different people and having to ask the same question OVER AND OVER AND OVER...Whoa, where did that come from?? :p )

I'm soooooooooo sorry to those of you who didn't get what you truly deserve...anything and everthing that you want. We all deserve to be honored as mothers and thought of in a special way (doesn't have to be material either to show true appreciation!)