What do you do for you?

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by mandylouwho, Jun 16, 2007.

1. mandylouwho

mandylouwho Well-Known Member

I myslelf get my nails done. Its a great 2 hours every 3 weeks. ;)

I also wanted to get some nice makeup...

What do you do?

2. mom of one plus two

mom of one plus two Well-Known Member

I love pedicures! I feel so pretty and feminine! Not a mommy but a woman until it starts to come off and I have a chance to go back. It looks great for the summer and that reminds me ...it's starting to come off so I should go back soon!

Can I really say this? We have a pool, and when all the kids are asleep, whether my husband joins me or not, I take an alcoholic beverage and gfor an evening skinny dip in the pool. Don't tell anyone, I don't want any voyeurs!

3. 4lilmonkeys

4lilmonkeys Well-Known Member

I love getting pedicures, but my secret addiction is expensive body scrub. There's a place here that lets you mix your own and it's the best stuff ever. I always feel so much nicer after I use it.

4. AshleyLD

AshleyLD Well-Known Member

I try to get a pedicure every 3 weeks... i also Like to use those mud masks.. They are so refreshing...

5. Sara26

Sara26 Well-Known Member

I go to Caribou for a few hours on Saturday afternoons. It's great - especially now that it's nice out here. I sit in the sun and read and relax. It was actually my dh's idea!

6. Amanda

Amanda Well-Known Member

go to teh gym and eat lunch alone first! LOL!
    I know a lot of younger folks think it's pathetic to eat alone, but I LOVE it!

7. mom of one plus two

mom of one plus two Well-Known Member

As per PP. I have no problem eating in a restaurant alone. Me, the quiet, reading,eating a meal while it is still hot with someone there to wait on me...that is great!

8. twoin2005

twoin2005 Well-Known Member

I get my hair done every 8 weeks. That is a treat for me. I also go out with the girls at least once a month.

I have not had a pedicure in 3 years, and I miss those...just one of the luxuries I cut back on. But I am going for a massage on Friday, since I am a teacher and Fri is my LAST DAY OF WORK for the school year!!!

9. my2littlebubbas

my2littlebubbas Well-Known Member

I play in a sand volleyball league every Wed. night. I play with some college friends and we usually have a beer or two as well. In the pre-babies days, getting home at midnight was early, now, getting home at ten is late for me. Way past my bedtime!!! It's fun to be with friends that don't have children yet and listen to non-baby related topics. It's gives me that little break I need each week.

10. bellamibella

bellamibella Well-Known Member

I work out for 25 minutes a day, 6 days a week. Unless I am sick I never miss it. It makes me feel good about myself. I love the idea about eating out alone though it's not something I ever consider. I'd like to try it but I might feel too guilty since eating out together (without kids) is the one thing my husband and I miss the most since we had the twins.

11. micheleinohio

micheleinohio Well-Known Member

Girls night out every Thursday from about 8:30PM - 10:00PM. It is usually just appetizers a quick drink and 1.5 hours of catch up time with my friends. My boys go down at 8 and I am out the door at 8:05. No working mom guilt since they are already in bed. Although lately they have stayed up to watch me go and then dad puts them to bed a few minutes later.

12. NatalieK

NatalieK Well-Known Member

Joined a gym and put the kids in the nursery while I swim, sit in the whirlpool, shower, and blowdry my hair (very slowly :) ) I swear before I joined the gym I could only manage 5 minute showers and I always just let my hair air dry. It feels so good to take my time while I know the kids are playing happily in the nursery.

13. Juj

Juj Well-Known Member

I have a babysitter come one day a week for about 3 hours. Every other week, I get my nails done. Every 5 weeks, I get my hair cut (it is short and I NEED a cut every 5 weeks).

14. Marieber

Marieber Well-Known Member

Now that the town pool is open, I swim laps!! Time to clear my head and do something good for my body. (I need to find more time to exercise but it's so hard...)

Every now and then I splurge on sushi for lunch -- alone (I have no problem eating alone) -- I sit at the sushi bar.

15. NicoleT

NicoleT Well-Known Member

I try to get a pedicure at least once a month. I also do a girls night once per month with my best friends. IOh and my People subscription is my Friday night wind-down!

16. Lindyloo

Lindyloo Well-Known Member

My husband works from home one day a month and I go out. I shop or see a movie or get a mani/pedi. Usually I just go to the outlet mall all day. I LOVE it. I also get my hair cut and colored every 5 to 6 weeks. I used to get facials and go to the gym but unfortunately I don't do them any more. Maybe by the end of the year.

17. JustUs4

JustUs4 Well-Known Member

SHOP!! I also go to the gym 2-3 times a week

18. Amanda+2

Amanda+2 Well-Known Member

I get my hair done once every 3 months or so, but that's about it.

19. melslp13

melslp13 Well-Known Member

I surf the web, read magazines, and have a meeting with neighbors every Friday. Other than that, what's "me time"? Pedicures... I wish! My toes look like they belong to Godzilla.

20. sharon_with_j_and_n

sharon_with_j_and_n Well-Known Member

DH and I got married in 2000. We put aside some of the wedding money for an air therapy tub and we finally got our bathroom done with the new tub just before Mother's Day (that only took 7 years :rolleyes: ). Now it is my refuge. After the girls are in bed I take my book and sometimes a glass of wine and go for my 20 minutes of "air therapy". I'm so relaxed afterward, it's like having a full body massage. It really does wash away the stresses of the day. Worth the wait and every penny!!!!