What do you do with your dirty diapers?

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by hanknbeans, Dec 12, 2006.

1. hanknbeans

hanknbeans Well-Known Member

So I am kinda over the whole Diaper Champ thing now that they are older. If their diaper is just wet, it goes in the trash; I take it out everyday anyway. If it is poopy, it goes in the garage.

What do you do? I really don't want to use my Diaper champ anymore, it seems to be more hassel than it is worth now that they are older!

2. hanknbeans

hanknbeans Well-Known Member

So I am kinda over the whole Diaper Champ thing now that they are older. If their diaper is just wet, it goes in the trash; I take it out everyday anyway. If it is poopy, it goes in the garage.

What do you do? I really don't want to use my Diaper champ anymore, it seems to be more hassel than it is worth now that they are older!

3. DebbiesTwins

DebbiesTwins Well-Known Member

I do the same thing!

4. NicoleT

NicoleT Well-Known Member

We never had a Diaper Champ or Genie. So they have always gone straight to the main trash in the kitchen if they are wet and to the outside trash if they are poopy.

5. jultaria

jultaria Well-Known Member

I have just a plain diaper pail outside on the patio. I couldnt take the smell anymore in the house. So I wrap up the diaper in a plastic bag, like a wal mart bag, and open the back door and throw it in the pail. DH takes it to the dumpster in the morning.

6. MusicalAli

MusicalAli Well-Known Member

If it's wet it goes in the regular trash in the kitchen. If it's poopy it gets wrapped in a plastic shopping bag and goes in the regular trash in the kitchen. I hate those diaper genies, etc and I don't want to run outside each time I have a messy diaper (which is practically every diaper I change!). I have no attached garage and I live in NH and it's COLD outside. I['ve asked people who would have no problem telling me the truth and they say the house does not smell.

7. melissao

melissao Well-Known Member

I stopped using my genie as it's up in the nursery and I change diapers all over the house now! Wet diapers go in the bathroom trash can, dirty diapers go down to the laundry room.

8. WEME

WEME Well-Known Member

Wet ones go straight in the kitchen trash and dirty goes in a plastic bag tied up and into the regular trash too. That trash usually gets dumped 1x a day anyway and there's a lid on it, so it doesn't smell.

9. twoin2005

twoin2005 Well-Known Member

We too keep our Diaper Champ on the patio since it was too smelly for the house. So I just have to open up the sliding glass door, and toss them in the pail. DH empties it when it gets full. We are ready to ditch it though and just use something else, maybe a trash can in the garage or something.

10. Sandsam

Sandsam Well-Known Member

Both the wet and poopy diapers go into our kitchen trash. We generate so much trash that the bags get taken out almost daily.

We have a diaper genie upstairs that we use like a regular garbage pail for the upstairs changes.

11. BettiePage

BettiePage Well-Known Member

We still use a diaper pail exclusively. We went through two DIaper Dekors, but both of them broke in the same way. When the second one broke a few weeks ago we decided to get something different and we got the new Diaper Genie II -- wow, it is amazing! I really NEVER smell anything from it except when I change the bag. The Dekor was good, but you could smell it when the bag was getting full. The new Genie II is really totally smell-free. We keep it in the bathroom next to the babies' room, which is just so much more convenient than the kitchen trash or the outdoor trash. Yikes, I couldn't imagine running out to the outdoor trash every time we had a poopy diaper. Too cold in the winter and too hot in the summer! LOL!

12. p31heather

p31heather Well-Known Member

diaper genie for poopy unless there's a trashcan that needs to go out. in the winter I will often not use the genie since it stays below freezing most of the time!

13. Shanonlee

Shanonlee Well-Known Member

I do basically the same as you do. I havent use our Diaper Genie since they were about 3 months old. Wet diapers go to the inside garbage and dirty ones go right out the door! [​IMG]

14. Ali M

Ali M Well-Known Member

On the rare occasion I would use disposables after 1 year old, I also just threw the pee ones in the trash and then I wrapped the poop ones in a plastic bag (either a grocery bag or a scented diaper disposal bag) and threw it in the trash. We mainly used the Happy Heinys cloth diapers though and those just went in a waterproof bag until I turned the bag over the washer to do a cold rinse, hot wash, and hot dry.