what do your older babies call breastfeeding?

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by Heathermomof5, Sep 17, 2008.

1. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

My girls are 20 months old and when they want to nurse, they say "night night"!

2. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

Mine never called it anything. They had/have speech issues though. My dh's cousin's toddler calls it "tata" I think.

3. fuchsiagroan

fuchsiagroan Well-Known Member

That's cute! :wub:

Mine say "Nur." DD has just started pronouncing it more clearly, so she actually says "Nurse." And lately when she finishes she'll look at my boob and say, "Nipple. Hello!" :lol:

4. RondaJo

RondaJo Well-Known Member

My DS never called it anything. My niece calls it "num-nums"

5. lovelylily

lovelylily Well-Known Member

My sister called my mom's "sides" because my mom would say "switch sides?" :D

6. happychck

happychck Well-Known Member

QUOTE(fuchsiagroan @ Sep 17 2008, 12:02 PM) [snapback]984542[/snapback]
    And lately when she finishes she'll look at my boob and say, "Nipple. Hello!" :lol:

omg, that is SOOO cute!

mine don't speak yet, but my godkids used to always call is "chum," so that's what dh and i call it. i guess i'll have to find out why, since that's what my kids will probably call it.

~~jl

7. jjzollman

jjzollman Well-Known Member

My older DS (who bf until 29 mos) called it Boppy. Obviously, from the Boppy Pillow that we used, which he just loved. It was really adorable. He started calling it "Baa-ee" and eventually it became a nice, clear "Boppy".

I'm pumping for my twin boys b/c of their latch issues - but I would have loved to get to the point bfing them that they would have a name for it. There's not much sweeter! :)

8. melissao

melissao Well-Known Member

Andrew and Catherine say that Elizabeth is "eating the boobie". Elizabeth calls it "boo" :wub:

9. twinboys07

twinboys07 Well-Known Member

I just call it "milk" and my boys are more receptive than expressive about it. They know what the word means, but don't really say or sign it. However, Jacob has recently taken to begging for "good, good!" when he is asking to nurse. Too funny!

10. debid

debid Well-Known Member

Pillow time or pillow.

11. li li

li li Well-Known Member

My two, who are growing up bilingual, began by using the Hebrew word for breast "tsi tsi" (they were taught this by their baby sitter). But it was a tad embarrassing when we went home for a visit to England and my girls apparently yelled 'titties' several times a day - given the clarity of toddler speech :blush: . So I encouraged them to say something a bit more discrete: num nums :wub: .

12. Callen

Callen Well-Known Member

Mine would say they wanted Mommy Milk :wub:

13. jemisaac

jemisaac Active Member

My older kids signed milk when they wanted to nurse. Even after they started drinking cow's milk they would sign for nursing and say milk for a cup. Now my 4 yo signs or says milk for her cup. My 2 year old has dropped the sign for milk from his vocabulary, but maybe he'll pick it up again later like his sister. He only gave up nursing 2ish months ago. The sign seemed less noticeable to others since we nursed longer than a year for both and some of the people around me thought that was horrible.

14. stacyann_1

stacyann_1 Well-Known Member

"Milkies" .. as in "I want a little Milkies, Mommy". Or "I want That Milkies' pointing to one or the other. If I try to divert.. 'Ok, I'll get you milk in a cup'. 'NO, I want Mommy's Milkies'

Just before I said to my son. 'Your purple cup of Milk is over on the table'.. His response - 'No, I want the white Milkies!' pointing at my breast :)

15. cnasmom

cnasmom Well-Known Member

Our guys call it " Bee Bee" If I had a dollar for every time I heard "Bee Bee" in a day I'd have enough money to take all the TS mommies on an awesome vacation!

16. syoung

syoung Member

One of mine called it 'sleep' because at the time he was only nursing to sleep.

Another called it 'nana'.

I like this thread!