What do your twins call each other?

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by leticiasnow, Mar 29, 2008.

1. leticiasnow

leticiasnow Well-Known Member

My twins turned two in Dec. They are quite verbal. Both can identify their brother by first name. Liana calls herself Anna since that is what her brother calls here (can't say Liana) and often call her that, and she knows her sister is Serene. But, Serene mostly calls Liana by her own nick name, Rene (REEN), We tell her it's Anna or Liana, and sometimes she will say Anna, but it's mostly, "Come on Rene," "Let's go Rene," "Rene this, Rene that."

Interested to see how others this age interact with names, etc.

2. seamusnicholas

seamusnicholas Well-Known Member

Seamus calls Nicholas- Nay-Nay
    Nicholas calls Seamus-shay-shay

3. Shadyfeline

Shadyfeline Well-Known Member

My boys turned 2 in December also and they speak very well. Ian call himself "enie" and his brother Evan "ednan" Evan call himself "Ednan" and his brother "D"...lol! Go figure we have no idea why he says "D" but I correct him everytime and he still does it he talks very well otherwise so it's kind of funny.

4. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

Audrey is my vocal one (both in EI - Speech) and she calls Clayton "A-ton." Clayton is not very vocal, so doesn't call her everything, but understands everything.

5. Faith00

Faith00 Well-Known Member

They both know their names because they respond correctly to their own name. HOWEVER, we all call Ian "E" and Grayson calls himself "E." Ian used to call Grayson "day" for Gray but he hasn't done that for a while. Who knows! They are becoming much more verbal so hopefully it won't be long before they realize they aren't the same person. lol.

6. Erykah

Erykah Well-Known Member

They call each other Bubby and Sissy mostly. But if its serious, they use their proper first name.

7. tinalb

tinalb Well-Known Member TS Moderator

They can both say Lila perfectly well. Lila calls Luke, Guke & he can't really say his own name yet.

8. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

They call each other by their names, as best as they can say them now.

9. i4get

i4get Well-Known Member

Right now they both say either Bubba or Dah. Bubba we started but Dah I have no idea.

10. Ange2k25

Ange2k25 Well-Known Member

Sissy, Jessica, and Katie are most common but sometimes they call each other Billy and Silly. We cannot figure out the Billy and Silly thing, but wouldn't be surprised if grandpa called them silly willies or something and it stuck with them. The girls are very verbal and speak well in sentences generally.

11. FirstTimeMom814

FirstTimeMom814 Well-Known Member

They call each other by their first names, although Sofia does occasionally call Ryan 'boy'. In conversation about each other they will either use their names or brother/sister.

12. Minette

Minette Well-Known Member

Neither of mine have ever called the other one by the wrong name. Amy started off calling Sarah "See" when she could barely talk. Since 22 months or so, she has said "Sawah" pretty clearly except for that tricky R.

Sarah is much slower to talk and didn't have a name for Amy at all until almost 24 months, then she started calling her "Mimi." She still messes up most consonants, but I know she could theoretically say "Amy" -- I think she's just gotten stuck at "Mimi" and may always call her that.

13. LanieK

LanieK Well-Known Member

My little guys have recently started calling each other by their names and Jack calls himself Jack-Jack! I guess we do it often enough for it to stick- but Paul normally just says Jack. They have big trouble with sister's name though and Jack said Kiki when he was only 12 months- it has truly stuck and so we all call her that!
    Lanie

14. Callen

Callen Well-Known Member

By their proper names :)

15. Moms2NTwins

Moms2NTwins Well-Known Member

[SIZE=12pt]Katie calls Joshua "Joshie" (as we all do) and Joshie calls her "Sis" since we all call her Sissy lol[/SIZE]

16. Babies4Susan

Babies4Susan Well-Known Member

They call each other by name, or they call each other sissie.

17. Inlowtwins

Inlowtwins Well-Known Member

Mine call each other many different things. Caroline calls Amelia Me-me or me-me cakes. Amelia calls Caroline Ke-Ke, Caroline or she will call her me-me cakes too (her own nickname). We get so frustrated and say no that is you Amelia. I'm glad to know that other twins to that too!

18. Lilpark

Lilpark Well-Known Member

Parker calls her sissy.
    Lily calls him Parker......sounds kind of like caca which we think is hilarious.

19. Kerry1976

Kerry1976 Well-Known Member

My twins are just about 18 months....Max calls his sister A-gwar (her name is Eowyn pronounced A-ah-wyn). And she calls her brother Ax!

20. marose

marose Well-Known Member

James used to call Stacy "Daydee" because he couldn't say the S sound. Stacy used to call James "Mes". Now she just calls him Jamesy boy when we talk about him. If I say Daydee she says Jamesy boy called me that. I miss her saying Mes and I really miss hearing his voice saying Daydee.

21. Snittens

Snittens Well-Known Member

They both called Ainsley "Ahssie" until recently, now Bea can say "Ains-ey", she still misses the /l/, doesn't quite have consonant blends down yet. Ainsley still says "Ahssie". Bea is pretty easy to say. They can both say "Beatrix" (but they say "Be-a-tix") now, and if you ask either Bea what her name is, or Ainsley what her sister's name is, she will say "Beatrix". We don't really refer to them as "sissy" or anything like that. Bea has picked up on "honey" though and will call Ainsley "honey" sometimes.

22. Juj

Juj Well-Known Member

Katherine used to call Michael "Mikey." Now she calls him Michael.

Michael has always called Katherine "GaaGaa." He will call her Katherine but 90% of the time she is "GaaGaa."

23. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

Ava calls Addison "yadda" and Addison doesn't call Ava anythig yet!!

24. lilymadison

lilymadison Well-Known Member

Madi and Sissy.

25. Jberman

Jberman Well-Known Member

These things are really cute. I have a good friend that calls her sister "Rita" She is 27 her sister is 24. Not sure where she got the Rita thing considering her name is Julie. The funny part is she will respond when she calls her that, even now.

26. mom_stacyX2

mom_stacyX2 Well-Known Member

Taryn calls Brandon, Bandon
    Brandon calls Taryn, TErin

:wub:

27. kajulie

kajulie Well-Known Member

Lily calls Mia "meme" and Mia calls Lily "sisa"

28. GrayHeathmommy

GrayHeathmommy Well-Known Member

My 24 month old boys call each other BROTHER!! They are only now starting to say each others names.

Heath is Heth and Grayson is Grakon

29. 4jsinPA

4jsinPA Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Mitchell calls Kenna Kenna
    Kenna calls mitchell "bro-bro"

When they are playing together and chasing each other they call each other "buddy"...its the funniest thing and I don't have a clue where they learned it!

30. rayelynn

rayelynn Well-Known Member

Lucas calls Lynae "Nae Nae" which started with her daddy. Lucas is called Bubby or Cus by Lynae. I started the Bubby thing because I can't stand Bubba......

31. katnpat

katnpat Well-Known Member

What a fun post! Mine call each other sissy or sign "sister." They are trying to use their names....they've got "Isabel" down, but "Elizabeth" is hard to say and ends up sounding a lot like "Isabel."

32. Meximeli

Meximeli Well-Known Member

You have nothing to worry about I've heard this (calling sibling by one's own name) from other twin moms and it usually quickly works itself out.

Those who were on this board a year and a half ago might remember that my daughters started calling each other BeBe (Gabby) and CaCa (Bianca). Bianca quickly progressed to calling her sister Abby, then Babby and finally Gabby. But Gabby, who is generally more verbal, just kept calling her sister Caca. This was a problem because caca is a Spanish slang for poopoo. And people were giving us strange looks when we were out in public. I tired and tired to encourage her to say Bianca or Anca or Bi or anything other than Caca, but she did it for about 9 months and stopped when SHE was ready to.

I think all you can do is continue to say their names often and clearly.

33. 2monkeez

2monkeez Well-Known Member

At that age mine called each other Ya Ya...no idea...but it was cute...now, at 4 they use their names. My dughter called them both Mavin for a while...I guess that way she was sure to get it right!!

34. Sullyirishtwins

Sullyirishtwins Well-Known Member

Hi, :wavey:

At how old should they learn to say each other's name? They haven't really make it out yet as they just turned 18 mos. I am curious because I want to watch out when they start to form more words (I am a deaf Mom).

Thanks,
    D

35. leticiasnow

leticiasnow Well-Known Member

Hi D, I am trying to remember when my girls started saying names. I guess I would start to watch out for it in the next six months. I think that is when my girls started.