What does your screen name mean?

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by SusieQ, Feb 1, 2008.

1. SusieQ

SusieQ Well-Known Member

OK, mine is super boring since it's just a misspelling/common nickname of my actual name, BUT there are so many screen names that I wonder about! I won't call them out here, I'll just hope they respond! ;)

Suzi

2. Cheryl O.

Cheryl O. Well-Known Member

As you can see I'm REAL original... LOL.

this was my first "board" - so I was clueless. I've since changed my SN on other sites to something that's a little more original :)

3. caba

caba Banned

Mine is silly ... my friend used to call me "Ca" as a nickname (name is Erica) ... and then it just kinda morphed into "caba" and now I use that as my screen name.

4. MichelleL

MichelleL Well-Known Member

I had never been on a messaging board before so I didn't even know you COULD get creative!! Mine is self-explanatory. First name, middle (or last too) initial!!

5. Kyrstyn

Kyrstyn Well-Known Member

Mine is truly original...Its my Name!

6. mairoge

mairoge Well-Known Member

My screen name is a combination of my name, Maimunatu and my husbands name Roger = Mairoge. Since we are adding two more to our family, for a total of four children,we are buying an SUV. I am going to put Mairoge on the license plate.

QUOTE(caba @ Feb 1 2008, 03:34 PM) [snapback]600984[/snapback]
    Mine is silly ... my friend used to call me "Ca" as a nickname (name is Erica) ... and then it just kinda morphed into "caba" and now I use that as my screen name.

7. fuchsiagroan

fuchsiagroan Well-Known Member

Mine is a character from Mervyn Peake's Gormenghast books, which I adore. :)

8. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

JicJac was my original name here. I woman at work called me that and when I found Twinstuff, I couldn't think of anything original. I did change it to MNTwinSquared because I am a twin who had twins, but after awhile I just grew bored of it... so when the forum switched formats almost a year ago, I switched back!

9. moski

moski Well-Known Member TS Moderator

My name is just a name that a friend calls me. Mo is short for Maureen and she added the ski onto it.. Really only she and her husband call me that....I always wish I used my other nickname which EVERYONE uses which is Dreenie....but everyone here knows me as Moski now.

10. brianamurnion

brianamurnion Well-Known Member

QUOTE(fuchsiagroan @ Feb 1 2008, 01:37 PM) [snapback]600994[/snapback]
    Mine is a character from Mervyn Peake's Gormenghast books, which I adore. :)

I always always always wondered about yours... why I never thought to ask this question???

Mine is "7" for # of members in my family and "M" is our last initial. So we are the "7Ms".

11. Zabeta

Zabeta Well-Known Member

Just my name with a few letters removed to make it easier to type. At some point I had to create a new user name for something and someone else had taken "Zabet" so I added an A and have stuck with "Zabeta" ever since.

12. seamusnicholas

seamusnicholas Well-Known Member

Mine is pretty obvious!!!

13. Her Royal Jennyness

Her Royal Jennyness Well-Known Member

Well, I was feeling down when I signed up for TS so I picked a name that would cheer me up. I thought Her Royal Jennyness was pretty funny. I've also been warned many times to never ever change it ever for any reason. :acute:

14. Raneysmama

Raneysmama Well-Known Member

I just answered this on the Parent's Stuff spotlight thread...Mine isn't all that interesting. My first daughter's middle name is Rayne. So, I changed the spelling, made it "nick-namey," and came up with Raneysmama. I wish I would have been more creative, and I've often thought of changing it, but everyone knows me by that 'name' now, so it would probably be confusing. Plus I use it on a couple other forums as well.

Fuchsiagroan, I've always wondered about yours. Thanks for replying... Is that a first and last name put together?

15. Joanna831

Joanna831 Well-Known Member

Mine is my first name, and then my birthday, August 31.

16. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Her Royal Jennyness @ Feb 1 2008, 02:50 PM) [snapback]601038[/snapback]
    Well, I was feeling down when I signed up for TS so I picked a name that would cheer me up. I thought Her Royal Jennyness was pretty funny. I've also been warned many times to never ever change it ever for any reason. :acute:

But, you did change it.. you are now Your Royal Jennyn... :p

17. camdensmommy

camdensmommy Well-Known Member

Mine is pretty obvious too- Camden is my little boys name... I wasn't thinking really hard about the screen name when I signed up- due I was pregnant with 2 more :D So now I am more than just Camden's mommy!

18. Jocasta

Jocasta Well-Known Member

mine's just my name - there's not many of us out there but i'm always disappointed if it's taken!

19. NicoleT

NicoleT Well-Known Member

Mine is easy-- my first name and the first letter of my last name. Obviously I was not being very creative the day I registered!!

20. dizzyhay+2

dizzyhay+2 Well-Known Member

Well, mine is the combination of the twins name/nicknames and then the + 2 i added bc when icame back to twinstuff after the changed it and couldnt sign in with my original dizzyhay i re-registered and became dizzyhay+2 because i was expecting the second set of twins. Dizzy, is what my 8 yr old sister calls destiny bc shes so clumbsy...dizzy dezy...and then hay is just the first three letters of haydens name..... Lol i liked the way it looked so i stuck to it. Plus every other board im on im just singlemomoftwins and thats lame anymore.

21. cohlee

cohlee Well-Known Member

My name is Nicholelee and my sister started calling me 'Cohlee' when she was wee-little like 20 years ago and it has been my 'name' since. Its what my whole family calls me. Its my screenname on everything.

I am the one and only cohlee!!! :bow2:

22. idtwinstx

idtwinstx Well-Known Member

idtwinstx-We live in Texas and my twins are id boys.

23. lharrison1

lharrison1 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Mine is my first and middle name-so boring...I know!

24. Becca34

Becca34 Well-Known Member

My name is not actually Becca....I never use my actual name on public boards, because it has an original spelling, and I'd hate for someone IRL to google me, and find posts that I wouldn't want them to see. Not so much here, but I originally posted on an infertility board, and would hate for posts about cervical mucus or something to come up. :rolleyes:

Anyhow, I used to use "Ebekah" just because it's a random character in some books I like...and that morphed into Becca....I added 34 for no particular reason, other than it's my DH's favorite number.

25. mrsfussypants

mrsfussypants Well-Known Member

Mine started when DH I were dating. If one of us was grouchy, or snappy, we would teasingly say, "hellooooo mr/mrs fussypants"! It always made us laugh and break up any tension. Now it has just sort of stuck! To us, anyone who is a grumpopotamus is affectionately called a fussy-pants. Now that we have three kids--there is usually a fussy-pants in our house at any given time!

Reyna

26. seamusnicholas

QUOTE(mrsfussypants @ Feb 1 2008, 05:37 PM) [snapback]601141[/snapback]
    Mine started when DH I were dating. If one of us was grouchy, or snappy, we would teasingly say, "hellooooo mr/mrs fussypants"! It always made us laugh and break up any tension. Now it has just sort of stuck! To us, anyone who is a grumpopotamus is affectionately called a fussy-pants. Now that we have three kids--there is usually a fussy-pants in our house at any given time!

Reyna

Oh that is cute! I always wondered about yours!!

27. ladybenz

ladybenz Well-Known Member

Mine is a combination of things--I use on several message boards. Its a play on my last name, Benson, and an allusion to Mercedes-Benz. The first time I used this name, I was in the middle of training for the Mercedes-Benz Marathon, and my husband is a Mercedes-Benz technician. As for "lady", well, maybe just wishful thinking. ;)

28. witmuch

witmuch Well-Known Member

I got my nick name after I met my current husband. At first I used November in the bars when I used to go out to party--yes I have a past-- :rolleyes: . Anyway, I decided that I wanted something different for just friends because EVERYONE I knew or didn't know used Novemeber and I got tired of these freaks trying to hook up with me. So, I changed it to "Witmuch". Witmuch is made of four words. the first three letters stand for Wants It Too, and the last four is just the word "Much". I will let you figure out what "at the time" I wanted -- :rolleyes: . I have been trying to think of changing the meaning but I haven't come up with anything just yet.

Lots of love!
    Meshell

29. seamusnicholas

QUOTE(witmuch @ Feb 1 2008, 05:50 PM) [snapback]601164[/snapback]
    I got my nick name after I met my current husband. At first I used November in the bars when I used to go out to party--yes I have a past-- :rolleyes: . Anyway, I decided that I wanted something different for just friends because EVERYONE I knew or didn't know used Novemeber and I got tired of these freaks trying to hook up with me. So, I changed it to "Witmuch". Witmuch is made of four words. the first three letters stand for Wants It Too, and the last four is just the word "Much". I will let you figure out what "at the time" I wanted -- :rolleyes: . I have been trying to think of changing the meaning but I haven't come up with anything just yet.

Lots of love!
    Meshell

Oh I like that! I think...If it means what I think! :D Your babies, right?

30. Marieber

Marieber Well-Known Member

Nickname.

31. witmuch

Well that is how i got all my babies--lol yes! It is "R" rated lol. :D

Meshell

32. cohlee

cohlee Well-Known Member

QUOTE(witmuch @ Feb 1 2008, 04:50 PM) [snapback]601164[/snapback]

Lots of love!
    Meshell

:rotflmbo: That is freaking great!! I love it!

33. Chillers

Chillers Well-Known Member

Mine is my nickname DH calls me.

Which is actually short for Chinchilla. Because when we started dating, my roommate at the time had a chinchilla and DH said my skin was soft like chinchilla and it went from there. :wub:

And it is my license plate too...lol

34. seamusnicholas

QUOTE(witmuch @ Feb 1 2008, 05:55 PM) [snapback]601171[/snapback]
    Well that is how i got all my babies--lol yes! It is "R" rated lol. :D

Meshell

Well, looks like I was innocently trying to figure out what that meant! I was wrong!!

35. witmuch

QUOTE(seamusnicholas @ Feb 1 2008, 09:59 PM) [snapback]601178[/snapback]
    Well, looks like I was innocently trying to figure out what that meant! I was wrong!!

That's ok! A lot of people have asked me what it means and I have not told them because of the "R" rated meaning. But the answer is S.E.X. lol. :p . I just didn't want to be explicit in front of little eyes and ears :D

Thanks for replying tho!
    Lots of love!
    Meshell