What happened to my easy babies?

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by christy.fisher, Dec 19, 2010.

1. christy.fisher

christy.fisher Well-Known Member

In the 4-5 months I've been home with my babies, they've been great. They play together all day and drink their milk. The past two weeks have been really rough and this weekend in particular has been horrid. They are constantly fussy and needy and crying. I am starting to feel the wear and tear on my body and mind that I had in the first few weeks when we brought them home and that scares the heck out of me. I never want to relive that time; I was mentally and physically a wreck.

This is the first time that I've wished I could go to work tomorrow and have a break since I quit my job in July. Please, please, please tell me this is a phase or something. They both have four teeth and neither one has acted like this for this length of time before so I am not sure if it's more teething or not. I am just worn out.

ETA: I did get their ears checked last week because I thought that was it but they are fine.

2. Rollergiraffe

Rollergiraffe Well-Known Member TS Moderator

We had a rough time shortly after the boys turned 1.. they were monsters for a few weeks. Like all of a sudden they just figured out they were toddlers and flipped out. Then they started cutting eye teeth and it was evil. But it is just a phase. I think it's pretty common for kids this age to be a little :girl_devil: because they can't communicate yet, they're more aware all the time, they're getting teeth, lots of developmental changes. It is just a phase.. hang in there. It was rough for us too, but when you get out of it the kids are way more fun!

3. eagleswings216

eagleswings216 Well-Known Member

Our boys are almost exactly the same age as yours, and we have been going through a rough spell, too. I don't think it is teething - ours already have 8 teeth, but they would get very fussy and clingy when teething before, so that may be your issue. Our boys are starting to walk, too, so I think part of theirs just might be developmental. They have been a bit better the last two days, so I'm really hoping it is a phase, too!

4. christy.fisher

Oh thank God! That makes me feel much better. They are starting to walk, too. It's just been crazy and they make me want to pull my hair out everyday. We usually get compliments from everyone about how good our babies because they usually are!

I do normally have fun with them and we go places all the time but right now I want to go places by myself! :)

5. smiley7

smiley7 Well-Known Member

Christy! Honestly I was going to go on and write the same comment. My beautiful, smiley son has disappeared and a little monster has arrived. HE is moody, whiny, demanding, sometimes wanting attention other times wanting to be left alone.... He is tough to settle for naps, twice this week he woke at night and it took me TWO hours to get him to fall back asleep.

DD is not as bad but she is CLINGY too. My DH and I had just said we were so lucky that our kids are great and fairly easy going. Then this weekend happened and we arrived at my parents house today looking like sh$t and starving (bc we ran out of the house without eating) and pale (sleep-deprived) By the time nap time came around, my parents settled all FOUR of us on the floor with blankets and we slept as a family. :faint:

I pray to god it's a phase b/c I think I may have to sell the little buggers if this goes on... To be honest, to help him settle, we've been giving him a little advil and it seems to help. I know, I'm drugging my son but honestly it's for his own good :crazy:

GL and we're here with you sister!

6. christy.fisher

Yes! It's the same around here and we are pumping the tylenol! :) I feel so much better knowing that we aren't the only house that has turned upside by the sudden appearance of two little terrors.

7. E's 3

E's 3 Well-Known Member

I've been doing the SAME thing...I feel so bad because I hardly ever gave DS drugs and now with the girls if they are whiny and clingy, which they have been a LOT lately, I just run to the medicine cabinet! I usually dose them both at the same time "just because"...I simply can't handle both of them when they are like this (and the Tylenol seems to help, or maybe it just seems that way to me, lol!). They both almost have 6 teeth (the last one or two on the top are just breaking through for both of them) so I keep blaming this on teething but it's been a month or more now!

Same as all of you...they are both learning to walk and starting to understand "no" (temper tantrums are starting) so I hope it's just a phase :). Naps have also gotten a lot harder...they used to go down easily and now it can take 30-45 min for them to fall asleep (I'm listening to them cry right now). I was starting to think they were moving to one nap a day but they seem tired earlier which is really weird...I can't seem to figure this out! Glad to know I'm not alone, as always!!!!

8. christy.fisher

9. Kludelhoven

Kludelhoven Well-Known Member

Oh thank god for this post Christy...we are going through all of the above with DD. Its like she turned 1 and all h*ll broke loose. She is cutting teeth right now but the tantrums are horrible and she is so clingy. She is following me around screaming like someone is murdering her. I'm so glad this is probably a phase because its terrible and I look forward to going to work the next morning :gah:

10. christy.fisher

I think we made it! The past three days have been great - back to normal. They even slept all night four nights in a row, too!

Krisy, Athan was doing exactly what Lauren is doing! We went to Monkey Joe's on Monday and they loved it! Let me know anytime you want to meet there. It's by the Capital City Mall.

11. bellaviax5

bellaviax5 New Member

I was going through a short period of my girls acting up. I think they needed more stimulation. They needed to move from that infant to baby stage and wanted to explore more and have more room to play.