What has changed about your body since giving birth?

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by angelf, May 13, 2009.

1. jewels707

jewels707 Well-Known Member

Only thing I haven't seen already mentioned is my SUPER sensitive hearing. I am constantly telling my husband to turn the d&^$ T.V. down. I can't stand loud or obnoxious sounds. I guess this is so the babies can easily get my attention, as I wake up to every grunt and my husband snoozes right through them screaming.

2. becky5

becky5 Guest

QUOTE(jewels707 @ May 15 2009, 02:12 AM) [snapback]1314636[/snapback]
    I am constantly telling my husband to turn the d&^$ T.V. down.

:laughing: Same here. I've tried to explain that when the tv is loud, they just get louder. He doesn't agree. :rolleyes:

3. slr814

slr814 Well-Known Member

QUOTE(BostonBoys08 @ May 14 2009, 05:09 PM) [snapback]1314065[/snapback]
    I am almost 1 year out and I can say my hair is different (way more wirery grays) but overall texture has changed. I did sweat more but I think that has passed now. Boobs are saggy...middle is showing no signs of firming up either. Is it called a spare tire? I had a pretty big diastasis until I started working on it around 6 months. I think I am down to a few fingers gap now. I have to remember to do my kegals when I sneeze or cough or you know what happens...;P Oh yeah...monster veins on my wrist and hands! But thank GOD my feet went back to their normal size!

How did you help your diastasis? My Dr said to do oblique crunches, which I've been doing, but I'm still a four finger separation.
    Reading all the posts made me laugh. It's good to know your not alone. :D

4. JessieJean

JessieJean Member

I never had issues with acne (even as a teenager), but now I have small breakouts every now and then. Only a few here and there, but definitely a change.

I still have some lingering pain in my lower back. Not every day, but sometimes it feels like something "catches".

5. SC_Amy

SC_Amy Well-Known Member

• My hair falls out.
    • My hips, ribcage and feet are all still bigger.
    • I developed rhinitis of pregnancy and I still have sinus problems; I'm almost constantly "coming down with/fighting a cold" and now I'm wondering if it's just chronic sinusitis or something ... b/c I've had a LOT of these supposed colds since giving birth and yet DH and the babies have never gotten sick.
    • I developed an external hemorrhoid during pregnancy and it hasn't gone away. (Fairly mild though, doesn't cause discomfort or anything.)
    • I found out at my postpartum visit that I now have a prolapsed urethra. :(
    • I'm still 20 lbs over my pre-pregnancy weight. THough I've been at this weight before (before pregnancy it was my all-time-high weight), the clothes that fit me then don't fit now; it's like everything just got redistributed. I had a pooch before pregnancy and I don't think my current one is bigger; just in a different place.
    This is an encouraging thread; nice to know I'm not alone! ;)

6. ambernruby

ambernruby Well-Known Member

QUOTE(SC_Amy @ May 16 2009, 03:59 PM) [snapback]1316069[/snapback]
    [*]I developed rhinitis of pregnancy and I still have sinus problems; I'm almost constantly "coming down with/fighting a cold" and now I'm wondering if it's just chronic sinusitis or something ... b/c I've had a LOT of these supposed colds since giving birth and yet DH and the babies have never gotten sick.

You just reminded me, i get frequent bouts of sinusitis and it's someting that has neer troubled me before. Nobody tells you your ready for the scrap heap after having a couple of babies do they lol

7. becky5

becky5 Guest

You all that are having constant sinus trouble might want to get your thyroid checked. I think that can be a sign of hypothyroidism, and changes in the thyroid are very common pp.

8. dallasm

dallasm Well-Known Member

I hate to be the barer of bad news ladies but your stretch marks and belly will never go away! I am a mom of 4 and even after I lost 60lbs when my second son was 6 yrs old, it was all still there-but worse!unless you have awesome genes, the tummy boobs and stretch marks are your badge of motherhood!dont you wish someone would have told you this before???
    I now after the twins are here have acid reflux still, and am allergic to cats and my wedding ring!!!!! its white gold and I wore it for 6 years and now I am allergic!!!weird! the sweating started after kid #2 and has been around ever since (hes 10 now!) i suggest trying those clinical deodarnts that are on the market. i still sweat but its not as bad or as stinky as other deodarants.THE JOYS OF BEING A MOM! I wouldnt trade it for the world!

9. SC_Amy

SC_Amy Well-Known Member

QUOTE(becky5 @ May 16 2009, 12:11 PM) [snapback]1316149[/snapback]
    You all that are having constant sinus trouble might want to get your thyroid checked. I think that can be a sign of hypothyroidism, and changes in the thyroid are very common pp.

good to know; thanks!

10. ohjojo

ohjojo Well-Known Member

thankfully my body has mostly returned to normal, but my skin is ruined unless i can save enough $$ for laser treatments! i've got TONS of spider veins on my legs/ankles, busted capillaries on my chest and tons of brown splotches and gross skin tags(they are little and lots of them have come off, but they are still gross :bad:).

strangely, my hips seem smaller, but my abdomen is thicker. oh and one of my ribs is still in the wrong place from having DD wedged under it for so long. whenever DH hugs me tight, it feels like it is going to break off! ouch!

ahhh, the joys of being a twin mom! :p

11. boingerhead

boingerhead Active Member

The biggest and most disconcerting change is real weight loss. I was 198 at conception, topped out at 216, and now, at 3 months postpartum, am 175. My doctor attributes it to all the walking I did and to successful breastfeeding.

On the sad-face side of things, I experienced some kind of nerve/tendon damage that causes my right leg to go numb and collapse beneath me.