What is everyone having or had?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by dr802, Sep 19, 2007.

1. dr802

dr802 Well-Known Member

I just read Cynthia3200's forum about her 23 wk appt. and her dr told her that g/g was the rarest twin combo to have and that b/g is most common and then b/b and then obviously g/g...I hope you don't mind that you are part of my topic!
    So I am taking a poll-What is everyone having or what did you have?
    I am curious b/c I haven't found out yet and since I am heading for the home stretch I am even more anxious to see what these babies are!

So tell me-what are you having or had and are they identical or fraternal? I can't wait to see the results!
    Denise
    [​IMG]

2. beagledad

beagledad Member

hopefully I find out later today! :)

3. ferfischer

ferfischer Well-Known Member

We're having identical girls. I'm not sure about those percentages I thought b/g was most common, then g/g then b/b, but I have no idea!

jenny

4. Cynthia3200

Cynthia3200 Well-Known Member

I'm definitely not going to argue what my OB said- I'm just repeating what he said. I hadn't heard that either. I know that b/g are the most popular and thought b/b and g/g were the same odds. I also don't know about identical twins being apart of that statistic??

I'm having g/g

5. melissak

melissak Well-Known Member

we are having naturally concieved twin boys. They are in separate sacs with separate placentas so I'm assuming they are fraternal but I also heard they could still be identical so I'm a bit confused about this part?!

6. gina_leigh

gina_leigh Well-Known Member

I'm having b/g twins thanks to IVF!

I'm interested in what everyone else is having too. I'm one of 4 twin moms on hospital bedrest in my hospital. We are all b/g twins!

7. mistywilton

mistywilton Active Member

I'm having b/g twins.

8. JennaPa

JennaPa Well-Known Member

We had g/g with IVF.

9. ellaila

ellaila Well-Known Member

Naturally conceived b/g twins!

10. lharrison1

lharrison1 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I am having b/g twins due in January.

Lesley

11. MissyEby

MissyEby Well-Known Member

We are having B/B twins from IVF as well....that is according to our sonogram from Monday....I was 20 weeks when it was done!

Missy

12. Joanna Smolko

Joanna Smolko Well-Known Member

boy/girl twins!

13. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

I have b/g twins thanks to IVF and now am pregnant with twins again (natural). :shock: We'll find out at our 20 week appt. Hoping for b/g so the bedroom situation is manageable.

14. daisydoll

daisydoll Well-Known Member

Naturally B/B

15. camdensmommy

camdensmommy Well-Known Member

We concieved naturally- somehow- not really sure how, ha ha ha :p But we are expecting girl/girl twins- not sure if they are identical or not- that will be the possible delivery day surprise!!!

16. lsafer@pacbell.net

[email protected] Well-Known Member

Having Boy/Girl twins!!

17. erinh56

erinh56 Well-Known Member

Identical twin girls..conceived naturally :)

18. Jenn G

Jenn G Well-Known Member

I'm having identical boys conceived naturally...

19. ladybutterflyrose

ladybutterflyrose Well-Known Member

Yes, I've never heard that stat. I had read an article that said the b/b, b/g and g/g were all around a third likely, meaning one particular set of sexes was not really more common than another. I am having b/g personally. As far as naturally conceived or not I still think that most twins come naturally rather than not. It'll be interesting what everyone else has to say/heard.

20. Jenn G

Jenn G Well-Known Member

QUOTE(melissak @ Sep 19 2007, 03:10 PM) [snapback]414871[/snapback]
    we are having naturally concieved twin boys. They are in separate sacs with separate placentas so I'm assuming they are fraternal but I also heard they could still be identical so I'm a bit confused about this part?!

My sister had twin girls with separate sacs and placentas, but they had the same blood type. She had their DNA tested and they are identical. Depending upon when the egg splits determines whether or not they'll have their own placenta/sac. If your babies don't have the same blood type, then they are fraternal, but if it's the same there's a 20-30% chance that they're identical... Good luck!

21. MARYLANE

MARYLANE Well-Known Member

We are expecting twin boys :itwins_boys: , conceived naturally. probably fraternal, but they say you can never be sure when they are the same sex, even if they are in separate sacs and placentas.

22. AimeeThomp

AimeeThomp Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Spontaneous g/g twins here......won't know if they are identical or fraternal until we see them!

23. MARYLANE

MARYLANE Well-Known Member

QUOTE(JicJac @ Sep 19 2007, 03:31 PM) [snapback]414919[/snapback]
    I have b/g twins thanks to IVF and now am pregnant with twins again (natural). :shock: We'll find out at our 20 week appt. Hoping for b/g so the bedroom situation is manageable.

Well, this must have been quite a shock indeed!!!!! Congratulations :lol:

24. Anne2571

Anne2571 Well-Known Member

What a great poll! We're expecting G/G twins and I believe they are fraternal.

dr802, I'm so impressed that you have waited to find out. I don't have nearly as much patience as you.

Best wishes to all!

25. b/gtwinmom07

b/gtwinmom07 Well-Known Member

I am having b/g twins thanks to IVF

I have two other people I know that are having g/g twins one from an FET and one from an IUI and a third person I know is having twins but didn't find out yet!

HTH

26. PJ

PJ Well-Known Member

Boy/boy!!

27. dr802

dr802 Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Anne2571 @ Sep 19 2007, 03:58 PM) [snapback]414961[/snapback]
    What a great poll! We're expecting G/G twins and I believe they are fraternal.

dr802, I'm so impressed that you have waited to find out. I don't have nearly as much patience as you.

Best wishes to all!

Thanks! We were almost going to find out and then wanted the ultimate surprise at delivery-we weren't too surprised about having twins-they are conceived through IUI and they also run in my family...My DH really wanted the moment to tell our families what they are in the waiting room-his moment of glory since no one pays attention to him!

QUOTE(AimeeThomp @ Sep 19 2007, 03:57 PM) [snapback]414957[/snapback]
    Spontaneous g/g twins here......won't know if they are identical or fraternal until we see them!

I like how you use the word spontaneous...all babies are natural no matter how you conceive them...

[​IMG]

28. Mama Bear

Mama Bear Active Member

29. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I had b/g twins! :)

30. ladybutterflyrose

ladybutterflyrose Well-Known Member

I like how you use the word spontaneous...all babies are natural no matter how you conceive them...

Yes, thank you for saying that. Our twins are a result of IVF (thankfully :) ). Although I had used the term "naturally" in my earlier post, it seems the way people refer to unassisted conception. I've been asked so many times if we had done fertility treatments, etc. by people we hardly know when they find out we're having twins. I always think to myself "does it matter?" I believe God's plan was we have the two of them as twins even though they came as a result of IVF. What's more natural than God's will? JMO on my own situation.

31. AimeeThomp

AimeeThomp Well-Known Member TS Moderator

QUOTE(pamelastwins @ Sep 19 2007, 04:31 PM) [snapback]415068[/snapback]

Yes, thank you for saying that. Our twins are a result of IVF (thankfully :) ). Although I had used the term "naturally" in my earlier post, it seems the way people refer to unassisted conception. I've been asked so many times if we had done fertility treatments, etc. by people we hardly know when they find out we're having twins. I always think to myself "does it matter?" I believe God's plan was we have the two of them as twins even though they came as a result of IVF. What's more natural than God's will? JMO on my own situation.

Even though people on the street call it "natural" I don't think that's what they call it in the medical community. (I could be wrong, I'm no expert or anything) But at the multiples class I took we went around the room and said the sex of our babies and then each couple said if their twins were "spontaneous" or not, that's what the nurses called it.

32. megkc03

megkc03 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Fraternal B/B conceived through our 4th IVF. :) 34 weeks and 1 day! :yahoo:

33. 4lilmonkeys

4lilmonkeys Well-Known Member

Naturally conceived twin boys.

34. belinda07

belinda07 Well-Known Member

Naturally/unassisted/spontaneous/didn't have a clue-conceived B/G twins. :)

35. ddancerd1

ddancerd1 Well-Known Member

spontaneous g/g twins, separate sacs, but they can't tell if there are one or two placentas. DH still thinks one is a boy... guess we'll find out soon!