What is it going to be like?

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by borgerfam, Dec 3, 2012.

1. borgerfam

borgerfam Well-Known Member

Our new baby is coming in March. Our twin girls will be 20 months (just about).

I am hoping NOT to have a C- Section. In fact, I am driving an hour and a half for OB appointments just so I can VBAC. Anyway-
    can anyone with BTDT experience share?

-Rebecca

2. weegus

weegus Well-Known Member

Hi, Rebecca! Congratulations on your pregnancy!!

There are 17 months between my twins and singleton. I grew terrified as my due date approached as to how I was going to manage. My husband was off for 2 weeks after the baby was born and that was extremely helpful. To be honest, it was hard. Ryan was colicky, we had some issues breastfeeding (he had tongue tie that wasn't diagnosed until 5 weeks), and I was a crazy hormonal mess. But we didn't have any issues with the twins' behavior and they could care less about their baby brother. It was chaos in the beginning but, like anything, it gets easier with time as you find your own rhythm and routine. I personally think newborns are just hard for the first 2-3 months as you are figuring each other out and right around that 3 month mark, it got a lot easier!

I do remember that when I had to put the baby down for his nap, I had to leave the twins alone (duh). Of course I would make sure that there wasn't anything harmful they could get into while I was upstairs for 5-10 minutes. It was amazing what they could get into in just those few minutes... it's like they knew I was gone and they were free to unleash their mayhem! There was always a mess to clean up! But, I was able to keep my sense of humor about it... they key to survival!!!

I VBAC'd with my singletons and wish you luck with yours... it was a WONDERFUL experience!!

Good luck!