what is the best stroller?

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by Nanny88, Sep 13, 2012.

1. Nanny88

Nanny88 Well-Known Member

The twin currently have a double umbrella type stroller. It is fine for stores but not great for walking fast at all. I am looking at buying a jogging stroller for walks. I can't decided which is the best stroller for the money. Ideally I would like to get a BOB revolution but I want to see what y'all thought of it and other jogging strollers. I owned a single BOB revolution and I have wanted the double for about 6 years now. I loved my single so maybe I am just spoiled. If I had bought the double way back the beginning I would have already used it with 3 sets of kids. I probably should have bought it way back but I have not wanted to spend the money. Is is really that much better then other double jogging strollers? I will probably need to buy it new because I have not found a double that is used at a reasonable price(I can buy a new one on Amazon for less). I did go to REI and try out one but I only have my 12 year old brother with me not the babies. He sat in it and rode around while I pushed him and he said I should get it. He said it was super comfortable.

Does anyone have any thoughts about this?

2. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I had a Bob Revolution Duo when my two were younger and I liked it. My only issue with it was that I had to be careful where I took it to. I used to like to take walks to the library about a mile from my house and that stroller would not fit though the library doors. I think if it's just outdoors only a Bob is fine but if you want to take it inside places, it might not fit.

3. Twin nanny

Twin nanny Well-Known Member

I already responded to your other thread, :) just wanted to add that the Mountain Buggy was no wider than a standard double side by side (in fact it was narrower than one Graco one I used). Check the dimensions-it wouldn't surprise me to find that the jogging ones are the same as the one you use now.
    The fact that you are not finding a used one for cheap shows how they hold their value, something to keep in mind if you're worried about spending the money. As long as you can afford to get it you can sell it on once you're done and get most of your money back, which means the net cost is lower than getting a less expensive one with a lower resale value.

ETA: So I went and looked it up, because I got interested; The BOB Revolution has a width of 78cm, the Mountain Buggy Duo (the equivalent of the one I had) has a width of 73cm, they also have a new ultra-compact one Duet with a width of 63cm, the couple of umbrella fold ones I looked at had widths of 74cm and 76cm.
    One other thing to consider might be the seat load capacity. The BOB and MB duo can take up to 100lb and 110lb respectively, most umbrella strollers seem to be limited to 60lb, the MB duet is 79lb. Basically the high quality jogging ones could have an extra advantage if you are going to have older heavier children to use it with in future.