what is the craziest twin names you have heard?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by Br00klineBabe, May 28, 2007.

1. Jberman

Jberman Well-Known Member

I went to school w/ a set of twins Lori and Terri, that was not actually ryming but it was close. NO ONE could tell them apart. To this day if I see one I will not know which one she is.

2. kitka5150

kitka5150 Well-Known Member

My father said he had distant ID boy cousins named Loren and Doren. :huh:

This next one is NO LIE! There are ID twin girls running around my city named Princess Leia and Princessa Leia. I have met (and arested) both! I guess the bad apple does not fall far from...the other bad apple????? :rotflmbo:

BTW: My name is Lisa and my sister is Lora. we are 3 years apart though...funny that combo came up for twins a couple of times. Even stranger...My name is Lisa Marie...my sister's Lora Lynn....we were good friends with a family who had two girls named Lisa Lynne and Laura Marie.

3. rayelynn

rayelynn Well-Known Member

Hey Lisa! My dh's sister, who has id girls, is named Lisa Marie! Her twins are Kayla Marie and Amanda Mae. Marie and Mae are family names. My SIL is actually older than Elvis' daughter, so they joke that Pricilla and Elvis named them after her, yeah right :wacko:

4. Susanna+3

Susanna+3 Well-Known Member

Just remembered my great uncles' names... Sherwood and Norwood... I kid you not!! Their twin cousins were Paul and Pauline.

5. Krisheet

Krisheet Active Member

I like these ones!
    My DH's grandfater was Ronel and his Twin Donel
    There is a set of b/b twins in my town Tory and Cory
    I keep teasing my DH that if we have boys we are naming them Tom & Jerry!!

6. MichelleL

MichelleL Well-Known Member

QUOTE(twinstuff @ May 30 2007, 06:42 PM) [snapback]273308[/snapback]
    That one reminds me of the old joke about the woman who goes into labor and has to be driven to the hospital by her brother. She surprisingly gives birth to twins and is so excited that she gives her brother the honor of naming her girl/boy twins. He says he would like to name the girl Denise. That's not too bad, she thinks to herself. She asks him what he wants to name the boy. Denephew, he answers.

:laughing: :laughing:

QUOTE(kmd2003 @ Jun 11 2007, 04:12 AM) [snapback]287428[/snapback]
    My husband and I were at Babies R Us not too long ago and saw a new mother. I'm not sure of the spelling but her boys were Devin and Devon.
    Through my work we had the infamous Peter Paul and Paul Peter twins. :D They were always getting in trouble with the law and would use each others names.

And I dated a guy whose twin brothers were Anthony Joseph and Joseph Anthony.

I never even thought of doing that. I like that!! DH and I loved the name Lauren so before we found out the genders we told everyone we were going to name them Ralph and Lauren. My mom asked if we were going to get a little dog and name him Polo. hee hee

7. MaryBeth0707

MaryBeth0707 New Member

I don't think my girls names are crazy but we named them Alandra Cadence & Lyric Renee.

8. twinmommy13

twinmommy13 New Member

I knew a Missy and a Prissy (id) at a school I worked at.
    We have an A'zha and Da'Zha coming into the greade I teach next year!
    I HATE the rhyming thing...poor kids need their own identity.

Going back to the baby A, B thing...we coincidentally followed that. Baby A is Amaya and babd By was Bryanna! :eek:)

9. marcy874

marcy874 Well-Known Member

I know b/g twins that are a few years younger than me that are Heath and Heather. Never even crossed my mind until I had my twins that they practically have the same name!!

10. Her Royal Jennyness

Her Royal Jennyness Well-Known Member

I once knew non-twin brothers named Shawn and John, and fraternal twin sisters named Marla and Darla (they were older.)

11. TwinMama6

TwinMama6 Well-Known Member

I like Amaya and Brianna, not wierd at all.....

I don't think rhyming their names or making them start with the same letter makes them ONE person! LOL! I think its ok for twin names to be similar or whatever because twins ARE special,not just like any other siblings and you should make it special in your own way (same middle name,same initials,same ending,etc...).

12. Saiynee

Saiynee Well-Known Member

I heard about a set of quintuplets born near me to parents Miguel and Rosa.

They had a 2 year old son named Miguel

The quintuplets were named: Miguel Angel, Angel Miguel, Edward Miguel, Miranda Angelina, and Ashanti Angeliz.

I think that is about as crazy as you can get!

Wow, that Miguel is certainly full of himself.

I knew a Stacy and Tracy. When I was pregnant, Tracy told my DH whatever we do, don't give them rhyming names. She hated it. I tried to stay as far away as possible from names that were any bit similair. I did unintentionally give them A and B middle names. Duh.

13. HeyThere

HeyThere Well-Known Member

I had a friend whose twin sisters names were

Candace (CAN-dus)

Candyce (CAN-dees)

What were they thinking?!

14. HeyThere

HeyThere Well-Known Member

QUOTE(MichelleL @ Jul 9 2007, 12:42 PM) [snapback]323370[/snapback]
    :laughing: :laughing:
    I never even thought of doing that. I like that!! DH and I loved the name Lauren so before we found out the genders we told everyone we were going to name them Ralph and Lauren. My mom asked if we were going to get a little dog and name him Polo. hee hee

I knwo someone who named her boys like that, James Luke and Luke James... They werent twins though...

15. Beth*J

Beth*J Well-Known Member

These aren't twins, but some siblings I've taught over the years are Carlos and Carla and Victor and Victoria. I've taught lots of twins too, but their names haven't been all that unusual.

16. happy_mumma

happy_mumma Well-Known Member

i have friends with frat twin boys named Elvis and Presley. and also, not twins but brothers called Joe, Jim and John.

oh and i also know a set of b/g twins names George and Georgia.

17. meganguttman

meganguttman Well-Known Member

We knew we were going to have a Jake (if we had a boy), but when we found out it was twins, we needed other name. I really like the name Blake, but we decided that Jake and Blake sound too much like Shake n' Bake! :D

It's now Jake and Ryan.

18. indy2all

indy2all Well-Known Member

DH and I had a "joke" B/G twin naming contest at our shower and some of the ones that I remember are:

Bonnie and Clyde
    Minneapolis (Minnie) and St. Paul
    Luke and Laura
    Laurel and Hardy
    Jeckyl and Hyde
    Ben and Jerry
    George and Gracie
    Burt and Ernie (Ernestine)

The best one, which we actually used when the babies were still in utero b/c we didn't reveal their real names until our twins were born, was Smith and Wesson. :p

19. Mellizos

Mellizos Well-Known Member

It's now Jake and Ryan.

That's the hot guy who brings her a birthday cake in 16 Candles. Jake Ryan. Wow, I'm embarrased..I know way tooooo much about 80s teen movies. :blush: :laughing:

20. Maxwell

Maxwell Member

I knew this father who named his twin boys Thunder and Lightning.

21. j_and_j_twins

j_and_j_twins Well-Known Member

On another site there is twin girls

Ann Dee and Dee Ann I love both names.

amanda

22. denzel

denzel Well-Known Member

OK, so these aren't real life twins, but how come I never noticed that on 90210 the twins were Brenda and Brandon? I just watched an old rerun on tv yesterday and it made me think of this post. I really worried at first that my names were too rhyme-y : Jaedyn and Camdyn, but a lot of people don't really notice that they are similar until they see them written down.

23. Br00klineBabe

Br00klineBabe Well-Known Member

24. nelle

nelle Member

I know of a friend who had fr twins and named the girl Chevelle and the boy Chevy. Go figure dad was a major car buff.

25. RondaJo

RondaJo Well-Known Member

QUOTE(JustUs4 @ Jun 14 2007, 11:32 AM) [snapback]292084[/snapback]
    A pediatrician I met on a trip to New York said that she had a mother who named her g/g twins Twina and Twinba...as in Twin A and Twin B...she had to have been joking, right???

The home nurse that did the girls' synagis shots was telling me about a mom that she had helped deliver. She said the mom didn't have names picked out for her twins and when she saw the "Twin A" and "Twin B" on their crib cards she decided they were good names and she did just that the Twina and Twinb. The nurse thought it was the most ridiculous thing she had ever encountered, and I agree.

The only other twins I know IRL, besides my own, are my cousins, Caleb and Wade, and DH's aunt and her twin, Lisa and Lori.

26. imlodog

imlodog Well-Known Member

with some of these names i would be so confused when calling them! i get confused enough as it is now!!!

27. TwinsItIs

TwinsItIs Well-Known Member

QUOTE(AimeeThomp @ May 29 2007, 07:35 PM) [snapback]271968[/snapback]
    My neighbor is a teacher and says she had twins in her class name LeWasher and LeDryer
    LOL :lol:

:eek:

28. DanaLynn100

DanaLynn100 Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Br00klineBabe @ May 29 2007, 02:38 AM) [snapback]271231[/snapback]
    Today I met a twin set names Nicole and Micole. I have never heard anything like this before. Well, once I met boy twins names Luke and Duke.

Let me corrrect myself......I said craziest, what I mean is the most outrageous or rhyming twin names. After I posted it I realize that it could be offensive.

Our boys names are a bit themey - Colin & Gavin - but I don't think it's overly done. My siblings are: Brett David and Michael Keith (ID - Michael was stillborn) and John David (birthname Jazmine Dowd) and Marie Ellen. I can't think of any outrageous twin names, but I can think of some sibsets that were weird...

Michael and Michelle (went to school with them)
    Mercedes and Lexus (my aunt worked in a grade school where they were students)
    Diamond, Ruby, and Emerald (my aunt worked in a grade school where they were students)

29. ASunkist87

ASunkist87 New Member

Well I'm a twin but luckily we didnt end up with crazy names. We were going to be named Willow Brooke and Aytumn Breeze. (my moms a hippie..haha). but luckily we ended up with Ashley Lee and Heather Lynn. My mom came up with the first set of names by reading a list of names out loud, and when we started kicking she would write it down. Thank goodness she was out of it for about two weeks and settled on common names haha

30. NeeNee

NeeNee Member

Love some of the names and Hoo boy on others!

I have twin nieces Shannon and Brianna and their twin brothers Sean and Brendan. Both sets are 20 months apart and frats :rolleyes:

31. MaygenGreen

MaygenGreen New Member

LOL when i was younger i wanted triplets and i was gonna name them Holly Molly and Polly. I never thought of course that i would have twins. Mine are named Rylee Elizabeth and Bailee Renee. I dont think they match but people think oh Bailee and Rylee thats sooo cute.

32. Br00klineBabe

Last week I met a set of twins G/G named Jenna and Jessa. However, I really like those names.

In high school there was a Jessica and Jennifer. Which I also like for twins.

33. Br00klineBabe

QUOTE(TwincessMommy @ Aug 24 2007, 02:54 PM) [snapback]378309[/snapback]
    LOL when i was younger i wanted triplets and i was gonna name them Holly Molly and Polly. I never thought of course that i would have twins. Mine are named Rylee Elizabeth and Bailee Renee. I dont think they match but people think oh Bailee and Rylee thats sooo cute.

When I was a girl I wanted Milly, Molly, and Mandy if I ever had triplets. (My mom read me a book and teh character was Milly Molly Mandy.)

34. j_and_j_twins

j_and_j_twins Well-Known Member

My mom read me a book and teh character was Milly Molly Mandy.)

Isn't that a song hehe

"Milly Molly Mandy Sweet as sugar candy oh your pretty eyes are blue - something like that anyhow

35. TwinMama6

TwinMama6 Well-Known Member

I had a dream that I was having triplet girls named Chloe,Baylea, and Rhylea with Grace,Hope and Faith as middle names! (even though I already have a Chloe!)LOL! :p