What is this?

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by BaaRamEwe, Jan 2, 2008.

1. BaaRamEwe

BaaRamEwe Well-Known Member

For the last few days Gracie has been really cranky. It seems as if she hates to sit down. Putting her in her car seat is likes wrestling a bull. I assumed maybe she was having some sort of gas problems and her stomach hurt. Well, last night, DH changed her diaper for bed and noticed her left butt cheek is hard, swollen, and hot. I told him maybe she was bit by something, but there doesn't appear to be a bite mark. He says it looks all infected. We have an appt with the pedi at 11:10 but I was wondering if anyone else had ever seen something like this before.

2. seamusnicholas

seamusnicholas Well-Known Member

Jenn, keep us updated on what the ped said.

3. Sullyirishtwins

Sullyirishtwins Well-Known Member

Keep us post of the news from the Pedi, not sure!

Diana w/Rianna and Justin

4. becky5

becky5 Guest

Does she have a rash or any kind of open wound? Could be that she had some kind of sore that got infected and it has spread. Poor baby, hope she feels better soon. :hug99:

5. rheamay

rheamay Well-Known Member

aaww, owie! I hope the doc can help her out!

6. daniellecic

daniellecic Well-Known Member

my goodness that does not sound fun! good luck! i never had any experience w/ anything like that, sorry jenn.

7. HRE

HRE Well-Known Member

Oh my goodness, the poor baby! I hope it's an easy fix. Yikes, could you imagine having to sit on an infected rear ender? Let us know what happens.

8. twinsohmy

twinsohmy Well-Known Member

Poor girl... haven't heard of that. Make sure to give us an update.

9. Marieber

Marieber Well-Known Member

Ouch! Sounds like an infection. Hope she's better soon!

10. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Huh, I have no idea what it could be. Good luck at the appt. and let us know what he/she says it is. Hope she feels better soon.

11. girlsxtwo

girlsxtwo Well-Known Member

Sounds like it could be the beginnings of a boil. Let us know what the pedi said.

12. twoin2005

twoin2005 Well-Known Member

Any news?

13. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

No idea!!! Let us know what happens!!!

14. MichelleS

MichelleS Well-Known Member

How did it go at the doctor? I hope that she feels better soon, poor thing.

15. shoudeshell

shoudeshell Well-Known Member

Poor baby...have you found out anything? I hope she's better soon!

16. ljcrochet

ljcrochet Well-Known Member TS Moderator

What did the doctor say?

17. BaaRamEwe

SOrry I couldn't get back on yesterday, but it was a terribly traumatic day. The ped said it was an abcess and he had to cut her bum open and drain it. The just numbed it and did it in his office. It took them probably 40 minutes to find the pocket, drain it, and flush all the junk out. SHe screamed the entire time. Then they packed it with gause and put a bandaid over it. We have to go back Friday morning to have it repacked and cleaned. She is on antibiotics. He said that it doesn't see this very often, and doesn't know why they happen. He thinks its just bad luck. THen I had to spend the afternoon finding out why we didn't have health insurance. DH's company was sold and the new insurance was supposed to be effective 1/1/08, but when I tried to get the prescription filled, it did show up. Apparently the dept at the insurance company in charge of cancellations never told the enrollment dept we were cancelled, so his whole company doesn't have insurance until this gets straigtened out later today, then they wil back date everything.

18. seamusnicholas

seamusnicholas Well-Known Member

Gosh Jenn, I am so sorry and you had to go through that. Your poor baby! And then to deal with insurance on top of that...yuck! I am glad you have an answer though and she can begin to get better. :hug99:

19. swp0525

swp0525 Well-Known Member

Yikes Jenn :hug99: I'm sorry you both had to go through that. Hopefully the antibiotics will have her well in no time!!

20. twoplustwo

twoplustwo Well-Known Member

Poor baby!!! Ouch!!!!!

I am glad your insurance will get straightened out soon, what a pain.

I hope Gracie will be feeling better soon!

21. shoudeshell

shoudeshell Well-Known Member

Glad you found out what it was...so sorry she had to go through that though...how is she today? I hope they clear the ins. matter up soon! GL!

22. Cathmar

Cathmar Well-Known Member

WOW....your poor baby! I hope she's feeling better today. Did the doc say how long it would take to heal? Poor little thing....so sorry...

23. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

Poor baby!!! I'm glad he was able to take care of it!! :hug99: I'm SO sorry to hear about the insurance mess up!! That's ROTTEN!!!

24. daniellecic

daniellecic Well-Known Member

jenn, i just got a chance to read this! OMG that poor baby, God..what a day you had! i hope the weekend is better for you and HER! that poor coolie :cray:

25. HRE

HRE Well-Known Member

:hug99: To you and :hug99: to your sweet baby girl. Is she still in pain? I can't imagine how awful that was. Did you just cry with her? Hope it heals quick.

26. melissao

melissao Well-Known Member

Oh no! Poor baby! I hope it heals quickly! What a pain with the insurance too :(

27. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

OMG!! poor girl!!! I hope she is better today! and the insurance!! now would be a terrible time for insurance problemsd with you being pregnant!

:hug99:

28. Melis

Melis Well-Known Member

Poor Baby! I hope she gets to feeling better soon.

29. kajulie

kajulie Well-Known Member

good lord that is traumatic! Sorry you all had to go through this!

30. BaaRamEwe

We went back today. He did not repack it. He said that is was looking good enough to leave alone. She has to soak in the tub three times a day until it heals because we need it to stay open and not heal from the outside. He realized he hadn't given her anything for pain and apologized profusely (s). He gave us a script for some tylenol with codeine for here on out. She has done amazingly well considering she only had infants tylenol for the pain. I cried with her through the whole precedure even though I was on the other side of the room with Haley. He didn't want me to be the one holding her so she wouldn't think I was the bad guy so he had another nurse come in which was a good thing because Haley was very upset about what was happening with sister. Anyway, she is quite a trooper, hopefully this new prescription will help. We got the insurance all straightened out, but I have to go back to the pharmacy and have them re-bill the meds and reimburse me, but other than that its all handled.

Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers, it really means alot to us. I'll keep you updated as to the progress of healing.

31. 2IrishBlessings

2IrishBlessings Well-Known Member

Sorry I am late reading and posting to this. Poor Poor baby. I hope she starts to feel better, what atrooper to have been doing so good with only tylenol. I hope she heals fast without and problems.

32. JDMummy

JDMummy Well-Known Member

Jenn, I am so glad Gracie is ok. And that the insurance situation got worked out! Nothing is worse than having your insurance not be there for you when one of your kids is sick! :hug99:

33. Amanda

Amanda Well-Known Member

oh Jenn, I"m so sorry, what an ordeal!
    I can't think of a worse place for that to happen. . . poor baby!

34. Mommy2ATeam

Mommy2ATeam Well-Known Member

I'm just now reading this thread for the first time. Your poor poor baby! I wanted to cry just reading about it. I would have really had a tough time dealing with it. I hope and pray it heals quickly!

35. twoin2005

twoin2005 Well-Known Member

Glad that it's getting better. Poor baby. And your insurance, what a pain in the a$$. Okay, sorry, but I couldn't resist the pun. Hugs mom for dealing with this!!!!!!