what is twin skin exactly?

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by twinboys0205, Feb 4, 2008.

1. twinboys0205

twinboys0205 Member

I keep hearing about this everywhere, but no one has really explained what it is.....Any takers??

2. meganguttman

meganguttman Well-Known Member

I like to think of it as my "pizza dough" belly. You can work your abs, but your skin is so stretched out that only time (and a good plastic surgeon) can make it normal again. Hope you're blessed with elastic skin! :)

3. Minette

Minette Well-Known Member

Twin skin is what your belly looks like after the babies are born and you lose most of the extra weight. If it stretched enough to lose its elasticity, it will never go back to being tight, but will hang loosely like the skin of a shar-pei. Lovely!

4. snoopytwins

snoopytwins Well-Known Member

Ditto pps...

Mine's particularly noticeable around the belly button area...it just sags there and you can smush it around. I used to have a round belly button...now it's a mess. I also have the gap in my upper stomach muscles too...totally yucky...but most certainly well worth it.

5. Callen

Callen Well-Known Member

If you have to ask, you probably don't have it :winking0009:

On me, it is the hanging skin of my stomach.......ick. Only a surgeon can fix this one.

6. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

Yes, the pp's described it perfectly. <_< I am one of the lucky ones who has to view it every day. Though, I do like the "pizza dough" description....very fitting. :good:

7. serranoboys

serranoboys Well-Known Member

I refer to it as "brain belly". It's really quite disgusting.

8. Her Royal Jennyness

Her Royal Jennyness Well-Known Member

It's the loose, wrinkly, dangling skin that is hanging from where your sexy belly used to be.

9. twoplustwo

twoplustwo Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Callen @ Feb 4 2008, 11:52 AM) [snapback]604900[/snapback]
    If you have to ask, you probably don't have it :winking0009:

Ugh, yeah! I'm jealous you even have to ask!!!!! <_<

I think Jenny describes it well!

Okay, I'll be the brave one and SHOW you what it looks like.

Attached Files:

10. Erykah

Erykah Well-Known Member

11. Her Royal Jennyness

Her Royal Jennyness Well-Known Member

Your bellies look so much nicer than mine! I had a nurse at the hospital (it's a big hospital too) look at my tummy and she said that was the WORST twinskin she'd seen in her entire 30 yr career! :eek: I also had a doctor make the same comment. :( I'm not going to "show off" my twinskin until I get a tummy tuck since I'll have to show the before and after pics. But let me just say that you gals have positively tight tummies compared to mine. Mine's a misshapen droopy mess.

12. gregje101

gregje101 Well-Known Member

wow ladies i am not the only one?!?!?! mine is the worse and i am losing weight and hate to know what it will look like when all said and done!! ps thanks for sharing

13. twinboys0205

twinboys0205 Member

I am asking in advance about it....I have my boys tomorrow....so I'm trying to anticipate...haha
    So far, I have the "light" colored stretch marks, and my skin kind of looks shiny...Have no idea what that entails...I think with multiples, we should get free tummy tucks!!!!! :laughing:

14. nepolm

nepolm Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Erykah @ Feb 4 2008, 04:07 PM) [snapback]605106[/snapback]
    Here's my "skin"
    http://theshapeofamother.com/2007/08/secon...ins-and-cse.php

Erykah, isn't that a great website? I found it during pregnancy. It really helped me feel more comfortable and proud of my "mommy body."

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: to you and Alison for being brave enough to share! You guys look great compared to me :FIFblush: .

15. bigeyes

bigeyes Well-Known Member

so comforting to see i'm not the only one.. my stretch marks are so dark colored that they are highly visible along with the twin skin... just love it +P

16. JDMummy

JDMummy Well-Known Member

Alison, I think I have found my long lost ID twin! :bow2:

17. becky5

becky5 Guest

Alison and Erykah! :clapping:

I have always had a bit of flab on my belly, it's the 'ditch' from the c-section that I don't like, which I guess is part of the twinskin.

18. andiemc

andiemc Well-Known Member

Thanks for sharing, Ladies! I have mega twin skin and if I knew how to post a photo, I would share it.

I have been really down on my body which is a new experience for me. The twin skin just kills me!! I am starting try to get in shape and can only imagine how much worse it is going to look! Thankfully it tucks nicely in my pants :rotflmbo:

19. twoplustwo

QUOTE(Sarah© @ Feb 4 2008, 04:39 PM) [snapback]605520[/snapback]
    Alison, I think I have found my long lost ID twin! :bow2:

:D

QUOTE(mctwins @ Feb 4 2008, 05:20 PM) [snapback]605602[/snapback]
    I am starting try to get in shape and can only imagine how much worse it is going to look! Thankfully it tucks nicely in my pants :rotflmbo:

mine actually didn't look as bad when I was heavier, it was more filled in. I am now back to a size 6 and YES, it does tuck in quite nicely in most of my pants. B)

20. ladybenz

ladybenz Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Nicholas and Noah @ Feb 4 2008, 06:58 PM) [snapback]605437[/snapback]
    I am asking in advance about it....I have my boys tomorrow....so I'm trying to anticipate...haha
    So far, I have the "light" colored stretch marks, and my skin kind of looks shiny...Have no idea what that entails...I think with multiples, we should get free tummy tucks!!!!! :laughing:

Not everyone gets it. I don't have it. I have a few stretchmarks and a crease where my c-section incision is, and other than that, I pretty much look the same as I did before I got pregnant.

21. twoplustwo

QUOTE(ladybenz @ Feb 4 2008, 05:29 PM) [snapback]605621[/snapback]
    Not everyone gets it. I don't have it. I have a few stretchmarks and a crease where my c-section incision is, and other than that, I pretty much look the same as I did before I got pregnant.

Oh sure, brag why don't cha'!

:laughing:

Good for you!!!! :bow2: I was fine after my first two (not even 1 stretch mark!) but my skin just couldn't handle the twins!

22. Lynner405

Lynner405 Well-Known Member

You know I thought the saggy skin around the belly button was just me...I think the grossest thing about twin skin is how far I can stretch the skin when I pull on it!!!

Oh well....bikinis are a thing of the past!

23. Jayn

Jayn Well-Known Member

If only we could turn the skin into some kind of kangaroo pouch or something to carry the babies around in at least it could be functional. :)

24. snoopytwins

snoopytwins Well-Known Member

QUOTE(SoBlessed @ Feb 5 2008, 09:41 AM) [snapback]606142[/snapback]
    If only we could turn the skin into some kind of kangaroo pouch or something to carry the babies around in at least it could be functional. :)

:rotflmbo:

And yes...bikinis are totally in the past for me...like the tankini though, covers everything but I can still feel somewhat fashionable.

And ditto, the c-section "shelf" as I call it. In combination with the twin skin, I'm a walking nightmare.

25. wrexywroo

wrexywroo Member

QUOTE(Her Royal Jennyness @ Feb 4 2008, 03:17 PM) [snapback]604971[/snapback]
    It's the loose, wrinkly, dangling skin that is hanging from where your sexy belly used to be.

Hi there!

Thanks for showing us! Be proud of it!

How much weight did you gain during the pregnancy? I am 34 w 3 d and wonder if I will have it myself!!

26. serranoboys

serranoboys Well-Known Member

Thanks to those ladies brave enough to post their pictures. I think I've got you both beat:) I'm thinking of getting an enormous tattoo to cover my entire twinskin area. And ladybenz, can you pm me an address to which I can start sending hate mail to you and your nice belly? ;)