What is/was for dinner tonight for the kids?

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by Kellyx2, Jan 3, 2008.

1. Kellyx2

Kellyx2 Well-Known Member

I made them cheese and spinach ravioli with spaghetti sauce, some veggies (which they didn't eat) and mandarine oranges. Then puffs and fig newtons for dessert.

2. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

I wish we could use sauce, would make pasta more healthy!

I don't know yet....It's 5:20 and I don't know! How sad is that?

3. imlodog

imlodog Well-Known Member

the had what we had. i made chicken cordo bleu, rice and corn. they didn't eat a ton, but they ate enough. we try to have them eat w/ us for dinner when we can. last night it was chicken, broccoli, ziti...they loved that!

4. Cathmar

Cathmar Well-Known Member

They had what we had too....chopped turkey meat with sauce and brocolli and multigrain pasta. I give them brocolli every night .... they love it! They eat all the brocolli first and then everything else after that. Strange kids....

5. AmynTony

AmynTony Well-Known Member

DD had a hot dog, DS had chicken nuggets, they both had some baked french fries and green beans...they won't eat what we do and I'm tired of trying to force them...

6. Juj

Juj Well-Known Member

We had chicken drumsticks, rice & corn.

They love eating drumsticks as long as I take off the yucky parts and the skin. Oh yeah and rice is Katherine's FAVORITE!

7. debid

debid Well-Known Member

Chili, salad, and bread... same as us. They had some apple slices as well.

8. twindependent

twindependent Well-Known Member

I didn't feel like eating or cooking, and DH was out, so it wasn't a proud evening for me. I took a couple PB & J sandwiches out of the freezer, and they also ate a bunch of frozen peas, a piece of American cheese each, and a clementine each. Not exactly gourmet, but there was no whining either. ;)

9. Shadyfeline

Shadyfeline Well-Known Member

We had Itatlian sausage w/ Rigatoni pasta and spaghetti sauce (Red). The boys had a tiny bit of butter on their noodles with no spaghetti sauce.

10. angie7

angie7 Well-Known Member

We had turkey, mashed potatoes and gravy, and mixed veggies (organic), they cleaned their plates like usual!!! They eat what we eat everynite unless we eat fast food, they dont eat that. I cook them a meal....

11. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

QUOTE(AmynTony @ Jan 3 2008, 08:10 PM) [snapback]556532[/snapback]
    they won't eat what we do and I'm tired of trying to force them...

Same here. <_<

They had three cheese with spinach tortellini {no idea how to spell that!} and some potatoes. They eat pretty good throughout the day, so I TRY not to worry to much. :pardon:

12. Debb-i

Debb-i Well-Known Member

Comfort food tonight, not much effort and everyone liked. I put a roast in the crockpot this morning with pototoes, carrots and onion soup before leaving to take them to preschool. Made a salad for DH and I. The boys had some pineapple for dessert.

13. Kellyx2

Kellyx2 Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Debb-i @ Jan 4 2008, 01:49 AM) [snapback]556602[/snapback]
    Comfort food tonight, not much effort and everyone liked. I put a roast in the crockpot this morning with pototoes, carrots and onion soup before leaving to take them to preschool. Made a salad for DH and I. The boys had some pineapple for dessert.

That's comfort food? HA! That's gourmet home cookin' to me!! Comfort food in my book is fast food from McDonald's and brownies!! LOL

14. Babies4Susan

Babies4Susan Well-Known Member

Meatloaf, mashed potatoes, and broccoli. They ate some raisins too.

15. Debb-i

Debb-i Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Kellyx2 @ Jan 3 2008, 08:55 PM) [snapback]556621[/snapback]
    That's comfort food? HA! That's gourmet home cookin' to me!! Comfort food in my book is fast food from McDonald's and brownies!! LOL

Please...no gourmet gal here! I rarely if ever cooked dinner before having kids. I was a corporate gal who ate most dinners out. Now as a SAHM, I have rediscovered cooking...but all easy prep stuff. Lots of grilling.

I guess I think of "comfort food" as warm heavy meals on cold winter days (its 20 degrees here). Stuff like meatloaf, chili, casseroles, chicken noddle soup, bread pudding,etc....(and the brownies you mentioned! YUM). Food that I would never make on a hot summer day.

16. kma13

kma13 Well-Known Member

They ate what we did, that is my rule

Beef and Broccoli Lo Mein and Emerald Fried Rice from the Family Fun website

17. micmose

micmose Well-Known Member

The kids had white rice and baked salmon with Gerber fruit and cereal bar for dessert. DH and I had leftover chili and corn muffins. Nothing exciting here.

18. daniellecic

daniellecic Well-Known Member

since i am not feeling well we all had (homemade but frozen) chicken tenders w/ french fries and salad. exciting! tom. is beef stew w/ veggies and potatoes (DH request).

19. Marieber

Marieber Well-Known Member

Mine are a little older, so they always are expected to eat what we eat for dinner. They get their fill of kid food for lunch. I made boneless chicken thighs with beans and tomatoes and steamed spinach (plus peas for them - okay I make some considerations, but it turned out they were at least willing to eat some spinach too!). They ate pretty well.

20. naomi02

naomi02 Well-Known Member

We had pork chops (cut up small), rice & spinach for dinner tonight. We always eat the same thing at dinner, but the kids had milk to drink.

21. Melis

Melis Well-Known Member

The kids mostly have what we have. I made Turkey Burgers, French Fries and Butternut Squash.

22. twoin2005

twoin2005 Well-Known Member

We had Chinese take out at the inlaws. The kids chowed. Mine aren't picky as long as they see us eating it too (which makes for pretty decent family meals). Two nights ago we had Gumbo that DH's coworker made. The kids went to town on the crab legs and shrimp. When they do put up a fight, I know they just aren't hungry and I try not to take it personally!

23. K*D*B

K*D*B Well-Known Member

Trying to clean out the fridge and pantry here. So tonight they had mini hamburger patties, cornbread, green beans, and dessert they had fruit.

Cari

24. Ali M

Ali M Well-Known Member

My aunt made dinner tonight and they had the same thing as the rest of us:

Pork chops, fried potatoes, pinto beans, and 1/2 a roll (with butter for Sierra :) ). This was followed by an ice cream cone.

25. bridget nanette

bridget nanette Well-Known Member

Tonight we had a hamburger helper meal (homemade with ground turkey, rice etc.) with corn and then another veggie (zucchini). For dessert we had homemade banana bread. Michael ate the corn and then had 2 pieces of banana bread. He is a terrible eater. Mikayla ate a bit of everything, but no banana bread. She did want grapes tho, so she had a small bowl of grapes. They are SO opposite.

Bridget

26. double-or-nothing

double-or-nothing Well-Known Member

QUOTE(~* dfaut *~ @ Jan 3 2008, 07:23 PM) [snapback]556458[/snapback]
    I wish we could use sauce, would make pasta more healthy!

I don't know yet....It's 5:20 and I don't know! How sad is that?

Not sad at all. I wing it all the time.

Yesterday was a very weird eating schedule. I decided to try and go totally by them. I feel like I have been sort of forcing a eating schedule for them and I'm just throwing a lot of food out. Last night they had a big sippy cup of milk so they weren't starving for dinner but they had to eat something so I threw some cream cheese on some graham crackers and called it a night.

27. 2IrishBlessings

2IrishBlessings Well-Known Member

Last night I was to tired after shopping to do anything so the girls had cereal, and had baby carrots before going to bed. Daddy ate left over homeade pizza and I just snacked on things. Tonight will probably be pork chops and potatoes with a veggie,Fruit for dessert.

28. JDMummy

JDMummy Well-Known Member

I basically feed all my kids what I make for DH and me, and if they don't eat it, there are always a few crackers I will give them. But that is it. I stopped making different meals because my oldest got very accustomed to it and it became a big problem. So now they have to eat what I make.

29. WENDERELLA

WENDERELLA Well-Known Member

we're having cheese raviloi with chicken and a pesto/walnut sauce from Dream Dinners.......I have been loving making meals there!!!!! also, we'll add salad and maybe a fruit salad as well.

30. SweetpeaG

SweetpeaG Well-Known Member

Shrimp stir fry with rice.

Yogurt fruit smoothie for dessert.

90% of the time our boys get what we're having for dinner

31. Utopia122

Utopia122 Well-Known Member

Dumplings stuffed with chicken, spinach, and carrots.

32. betseeee

betseeee Well-Known Member

They had that Barilla Plus high-protein pasta (rotini) with sauce and meatballs. Not that anyone ate the meatballs. Kate chewed them up and spat them back out. Then they had ice cream for dessert. They both lost a lot of weight (2+ pounds) being sick over the holidays and I want to fatten them back up. :)

My husband and I had a pizza long after the girls went to bed.

33. Mellizos

Mellizos Well-Known Member

Same as what we had - jalapeno pepper steak over rice. They weren't really interested and didn't eat. We don't make a separate meal for them. Night before was meaty sauce over whole wheat pasta.

Check out the Cooking forum for weekly supper menus.

34. Minette

Minette Well-Known Member

Grilled cheese and fries. :blush: We went out to the local burger joint. They enjoyed it though! And I figure eating in restaurants is good practice -- we don't do it often.

For lunch, they had chicken nuggets, peas, applesauce, and milk. I'm more likely to give them "kid food" for lunch -- for dinner I usually give them what we are having, which they only eat if it's pasta, pizza, or rice, then they fill up on bread or something.

35. Julia Hulsey

Julia Hulsey Well-Known Member

We had homemade chicken fajitas. K&R don’t like them. The girls eat cubes of backed sweet potato, raw carrots, cut-up chicken and banana slices. Water3/4 and juice1/4 to drink.
    Julia