What is WRONG with people?!

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by lcjackman, May 31, 2013.

1. lcjackman

lcjackman Well-Known Member

Ok so has anyone else met some of the most completely innappropriate people of their lives since having their twins? Yesterday someone met my two and then proceeded to tell me how "sorry" she is, how when she found out she was expecting again (she has a 2 month old) she prayed that it wasn't twins and described them as her worst nightmare. Uuumm ok? I muttered something about loving them so it not being that bad and walked away. Of course I had a million genius things to say about 15 minutes later! I also had a woman tell me in Target one day too that if I was "smart" I wouldn't have anymore children after this. Wth? I don't even think I look that haggard! I have met some nice people too and I'm actually not terribly bothered by this but wondered if it's just me attracting the crazies!

2. ECUBitzy

ECUBitzy Well-Known Member

A drunk guy in an elevator once asked me if they "both came out of your vagina??" I was too stunned to say anything witty, dangit.

1 person likes this.
  3. Katheros

Katheros Well-Known Member

The first time I took my twins to the mall, they were maybe about 2-3 months old, some woman came up to me and said "my twins are 9 months old and I'm ready to just kill myself."

When people say "better you than me" to me, I just say "I agree."

4. rayceryin12

rayceryin12 Well-Known Member

I usually get Double Trouble or Wow you have you hands full.

5. AmynTony

AmynTony Well-Known Member

even at 7 years old (and pretty independent) I get "how do you do it" ummmm...I just do...

I had a few people say they'd just "kill themselves" if they had twins...I just walked away...

think of it this way - opinions are like a$$holes - everyone has one and they all stink at some point or another...

1 person likes this.
  6. Mom2VLS

Mom2VLS Well-Known Member

I get less of the rude comments and more of the duh/obvious ones:
    Are they twins?
    Are they all girls?
    Wow, you sure have your hands full.

I think I am lucky to live in an area that still has the politeness aspect of a small town and the anonymity aspect of the suburbs/city so comments are kept to a minimum.

Lol. I did have a woman come up to me after church last week because she remembers how difficult it was having young babies in church. While things had Been a little frustrating, I didn't have the heart to tell her that the haggard look was from hosting the twins' birthday party.

7. FGMH

FGMH Well-Known Member

I think the rudest comment I ever experienced was when I was out with another mom with 6 kids between us (my twins, her twins and their 18 month older brother and a playdate kid) and we were told "do stop having kids and living off social security".

That was one of the few times when I neither smiled nor turned a deaf ear but totally lost my cool and my manners.