What is your kids bedtime

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by geaemama, Apr 14, 2007.

?

During the week - what is your kids bedtime

1. 6pm

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 7pm

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 8pm

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. 9pm

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. 10pm

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Later than 10pm

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. My kids have no bedtime - they can stay up as late as they like

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. geaemama

geaemama Well-Known Member

Hey ladies,

Our twins are younger but we also have a four year old and a six year old. Up until about a month ago we sent them to bed at 9 pm - but I found them to be too tired in the morning (I work and they have school and they were super hard to get up and out). I changed it to 8 pm. I think it is great. The twins won't go to sleep until the two older ones are asleep so the babies have been getting to sleep earlier. I love this because it gives me a little more time to do things at night. My husband says he wants the kids to go back to 9 because he thinks 8 is too early. What do you think and what time do your kids go to bed on school nights.

Angel

2. Amanda

Amanda Well-Known Member

I put 7pm because 2/3 of mine go to bed at 7.
    The twins go down at 7pm, Berkley, who is now 6 is usually more like 7:30-8Pm.

3. Marieber

Marieber Well-Known Member

Our girls are nearing 3yo and go to bed at 8 PM.

4. Juj

Juj Well-Known Member

My two are 2 1/2 years old and they are usually in bed by 8 PM. Depending on the day, they could go in at 7:30 PM. Now, when they actually fall asleep is a different story! :rolleyes:

5. cricket1

cricket1 Well-Known Member

My guys are almost 3. Up until last fall I was pretty firm about a 7 bed time. this is what worked best for us. Now they are in their room for stories about 7 30 and they get to turn the light out at 8. Again, when they actually fall asleep is another story :icon_biggrin: It is amazing how small the bladder becomes or how imcredibly "parched" they become as soon as the lights go out!

6. Babytimes2

Babytimes2 Well-Known Member

I voted 8:00...but they actually go to bed around 7:30.

7. Marian

Marian Well-Known Member

Around 7 or 7:30p these days for our two :)

8. melissao

melissao Well-Known Member

Mine go to bed at 8 pm as long as they've napped, if not it's more like 7:30. They usually wake up between 7 and 8 am and take a nap at 1 (well they go into their cribs at 1 anyway) and get out between 3:30 and 4.

9. Becky02

Becky02 Well-Known Member

Our girls go to bed between 7:30 -8, but usually closer to 8 unless they are cranky and have been doing this since about 3 1/2. Before that it was 7-7:30. Our son goes to bed now around 7-7:30 (usually closer to 7), so once he is in bed we start on my girls bedtime routine, which takes about 30min to do.

10. Dianne

Dianne Well-Known Member

K&K have gone to bed at 8 pm since just after they turned 1.

11. 2 Munchkins

2 Munchkins Well-Known Member

Up until age 3, they usually went to bed at 7:30, then it moved up to 8 p.m. Since January, however, they still got to bed at 8, but stay up until 9 p.m., talking, playing, etc. :rolleyes: :angry:

12. AmynTony

AmynTony Well-Known Member

since the time change its been about 8 pm - it used to be between 7-7:30 now its more like 8-8:30 and if they've napped in the car on the way home from somewhere after 6 pm its more like 9 pm

13. team_double.trouble

team_double.trouble Well-Known Member

usually around 8....it takes them a long time to get to sleep.

14. Shadyfeline

Shadyfeline Well-Known Member

I voted 7pm but they actually go to bed at 7:30pm every night.

15. MusicalAli

MusicalAli Well-Known Member

They are in bed no later than 7:30 every night. Usually, it's 7:15. It was very firm at 7 until they finally started sleeping until almost 6am a month or so ago. 15 mintues isn't a huge change but it's significant enough for us. I can't imagine not having my "me" time at night.

16. MichelleS

MichelleS Well-Known Member

My girls go to bed at 8 every night. They've had the same bedtime forever. Summer is a little harder because it gets darker later but we still stick to 8.

17. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I didn't vote because mine go to bed at different times than you have. But during the week, actually just about everyday unless we are out on the weekends which isn't much, Emilie and Trevor go to bed at 7:30, and they are ready for that.

Caroline, who is 6 1/2 and in all day K goes to bed at 8:30 during the week. On the weekends we do let her sometimes stay up until 9, but during the week she is in bed at 8:30.

Personally I feel 9:00 is too late for a child that has to go to school the next day. I know I usually end up waking Caroline up at 7:30am and she is not ready to get up. Sometimes I think she needs to go to bed before 8:30 but it's just too difficult with the twins too.

But you need to figure out what works best for you and how much sleep you think your children need.

18. katie3girlies+1

katie3girlies+1 Active Member

Their bedtime is 8:00 p.m. on weeknights and 9:00 p.m. on weekends, unless we go to a BBQ/party, then it's whenever we get home (because they are so exhausted!)

19. hudsonfour

hudsonfour Well-Known Member

7:00 for us. P and P went to bed at 6:30 unti they were 18 months old. They sleep until 7-7:30.

20. Cassie05

Cassie05 Well-Known Member

Up until the time change bedtime was 7 and 730 but I decided not to mess with their schedules when it changed so now bedtime is 8 for the girls and 830 for my 3 year old

21. 2IrishBlessings

2IrishBlessings Well-Known Member

Since they stopped taking naps about 6 months ago , bedtime was 8-8:30pm now its 7:7:30. For a month after the time change it ws moved to 8 again but we are back on track and in bed at 7 now. Its made things a bit easier and peaceful in our home.

22. Twinnylou

Twinnylou Well-Known Member

Mine go to bed around 7pm but are usually still awake untill 7.30pm. They get up around 6.30am :blink: x

23. Library Girl

Library Girl Well-Known Member

My boys are almost 3 and go to bed around 7 pm. If they don't nap, it's sometimes closer to 6:30.

24. Sara26

Sara26 Well-Known Member

Before daylight savings time my girls were in bed at 6, sometimes as early as 5:45. They would sleep until 6 or 6:30. Now they go to bed at 7, sometimes 6:45, and they sleep until 7 or 7:30.

25. twoplustwo

twoplustwo Well-Known Member

7:30 but I put 7. That's for all 4 of my kids.

26. Inlowtwins

Inlowtwins Well-Known Member

I voted 7. My twins go to bed then and my 3 1/2 yr old goes b/t 8 and 8:30.

27. rosie19

rosie19 Well-Known Member

My twins get into their beds at 6:30, but usually don't fall asleep until 7pm (I voted 7pm). They sleep until 7am. They were going to bed about 30 minutes earlier before Oliver arrived, but now the dinner/bath schedule is a bit longer, so they are up a bit longer. They still nap at least once a day (sometimes two, depending on the day).

-Catherine

28. BettiePage

BettiePage Well-Known Member

I voted 7 because the goal is to get them in bed between 7-7:30. Lately it's been drifting a little closer to 8, but my husband and I have been trying to tighten it up and get back to the 7-7:30 window, because they are much better rested and go to sleep better when it's earlier. If they've not napped well, then sometimes we move it up to 6:30. I think the earlier bedtime is great for many reasons, not least of which is that THEY are better rested, but I also can't imagine not having our "mommy and daddy time" after they go to bed. Honestly, I think it is the only way I've kept my sanity over the last 2 years, LOL!!

29. sharon_with_j_and_n

sharon_with_j_and_n Well-Known Member

Talk about a consistent bedtime. Lights out in the NICU was 8Pm. That has been their bedtime ever since. I'm glad it stuck because they start pre-school in September (they'll be 4), and we won't have to adjust it. Through all their sleep transitions during the day, we've always had bedtime at 8Pm. They used to sleep later though. Now they get up at 7am.

30. sharon_with_j_and_n

sharon_with_j_and_n Well-Known Member

Something wierd happened to my post. Every time I tried to put in eight o'clock, some crazy smiley face showed up. Odd.

31. KCMichigan

KCMichigan Well-Known Member

Our 2 (18 months) go to bed at 7 and fall asleep between that at 7:30. They are up at 6:30/7am and one 1-2 hr nap at noon.

They used to go to bed at 6 PM , but the time change pushed it back.

I agree with PP - I can't imagine not having my evenings!! It does make it hard at times to do thing with other people in the afternoon/evenings...but it works for us and the girls are well rested and happy.

I think I read somewhere that they need 12-14 hrs of sleep a day no matter when they get it.

32. NicoleT

NicoleT Well-Known Member

Mine typically go down around 8:00 p.m. SOmetimes a little bit earlier if there nap was not so great that day.

33. frain2005

frain2005 Well-Known Member

My DD who is almost 8 goes to bed at 8 pm on school nights, and 9 pm on weekends. Sometimes she gets to stay up a little longer if something is going on.

The twins go to bed between 7-7:30 pm and sleep until 7-7:30 pm in the morning. I TOTALLY agree with pp...I don't know what I would do if I didn't have some "mommy and daddy" time in the evenings! Or even just my MOMMY time! Come to my house by 9am it is completely clean...come at 8 pm, it is a total mess. I use alot of the evening time to get alot of things done around the house...UUUGGG...can't I just curl up with a good book?

34. MLH

MLH Well-Known Member

The twins go to bed around 7 pm and they are 18 mo. old. My older DD (4 yrs. old) goes to bed around 7:30-8:00. Everyone gets up between 7 and 7:30 am usually.

35. MichelleVDH

MichelleVDH Well-Known Member

I voted 8 since my twins go down between 7:30 and 8. I also have a six-year-old and she is in bed at 8:30 but lights off at 9:00.