What time do your 2 yr olds go down for the night?

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by Oneplus2more, Nov 21, 2006.

1. Oneplus2more

Oneplus2more Well-Known Member

Just wondering if our DD is getting to bed much later than average. She usually goes down between 8:45-9:00. lso, if you post a response - please mention how long they sleep too. TIA!

2. Oneplus2more

Oneplus2more Well-Known Member

Just wondering if our DD is getting to bed much later than average. She usually goes down between 8:45-9:00. lso, if you post a response - please mention how long they sleep too. TIA!

3. MLH

MLH Well-Known Member

At 2, Isabel was usually in bed by 8:00 and slept until 7:00-7:30 and took a 2 hr. nap in the afternoon.

4. sharongl

sharongl Well-Known Member

At 2, mine went down between 7 and 7:30 and slept until I got them up around 8. Sometimes they would wake before then, but would talk until I went in to get them.

5. moski

moski Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Mine aren't quite 2 yet (21 months), but they go down between 730 and 8. What time they get up depends on the day. On work days, it is 6 AM. On at home days, closer to 7.

6. melissao

melissao Well-Known Member

Mine go to bed at 8. Sometimes earlier if they didn't nap well. They usually nap until 7:30 or so the next morning. HTH [​IMG]

7. Kellbell68

Kellbell68 Well-Known Member

Hi! Ours go down between 7:30 and 8, but we aren't really strict with bedtime. If they act like they still have lots of energy at 8 (like they did tonight), we wait until they seem tired (carrying blankies around, etc.). They usually sleep 11 hours... 12 on really good nights[​IMG] I hope that helps!
    Kelly[​IMG]
    PS: Tonight they didn't go down until almost 9:30.

8. Cristina

Cristina Well-Known Member

Joy is about 21 months, she goes down anywhere between 7-8pm and wakes up between 6:30-7:30am. She also naps between 12:00-3:00pm.

Hope that helps..

9. DT

DT Well-Known Member

Mine go down about 8:30
    (Arianna may take up to 45 min to fall asleep)
    and are up at:
    6:30 am on the days i have to be in the office.
    7:00 am on the days i stay with them.

The take a 2 hour nap during the day.

10. MayDayTwins

MayDayTwins Active Member

We try for 8:00, but it's usually around 8:15 by the time they are actually in bed. They sleep until around 7:00 in the morning, & take about a 2 hr nap in the afternoon.

11. Thumper

Thumper Well-Known Member

In bed? Or asleep? [​IMG]

We usually put our boys down around 7:30 - 8:00. Depending on how they are, they usually fall asleep somewhere between 8:00 and 9:00 - if they're up later than that, they're usually sick. [​IMG]

Usually up around 6:00-7:00, 1 nap, between 1-2 hours (real regular guys, can you tell? [​IMG] ) tho' lately they've sometimes skipped.

--> Andy

12. AmyS

AmyS Well-Known Member

Kiddos usually go to bed between 7:30-7:45. They wake anywhere from about 6:20-7:00...lately its been closer to 6:45ish.

13. * Dana *

* Dana * Well-Known Member

WOW. I still put mine down at 6:30!! Mostly they fall asleep fairly quickly, sometimes it takes a while but they are quietly "talking" in their cribs. They are up anywhere from 6:30 to 7:00. And take a 2 hour nap in the afternoon.

What can I say. My evenings are precious to my husband and I. It's our quiet down time.

I can see in the months ahead pushing it to 7:00, but I am in no rush!

-Dana

14. Marieber

Marieber Well-Known Member

quote:
    Originally posted by melissao:
    Mine go to bed at 8. Sometimes earlier if they didn't nap well. They usually nap until 7:30 or so the next morning. HTH [​IMG]

Ditto!

15. mesamama

mesamama Well-Known Member

quote:
    WOW. I still put mine down at 6:30!! Mostly they fall asleep fairly quickly, sometimes it takes a while but they are quietly "talking" in their cribs. They are up anywhere from 6:30 to 7:00. And take a 2 hour nap in the afternoon.

What can I say. My evenings are precious to my husband and I. It's our quiet down time.

me too! [​IMG]

16. 1girltwinboyz

1girltwinboyz Well-Known Member

My boys go to bed around 630-7. Then its homework, snack time for my big girl. Then she goes to bed 8pm. Then its ME TIME [​IMG]

ETA: They fall asleep within 15-20 minutes. Then sleep a good 12 hours - getting up around 630 but playing for a while too. Then nap 2+ hours btw 12-3. [​IMG]

17. Juj

Juj Well-Known Member

Mine go to bed by 8.

They usually wake around 7:30/8.

They take a 2 hour nap in the afternoon after lunch.

18. sharon_with_j_and_n

sharon_with_j_and_n Well-Known Member

Mine have always gone to bed at 8pm. At 2 they were sleeping until about 7 and they still are (but now they have dropped their nap).

[​IMG]

19. MommyofThreeBoys

MommyofThreeBoys Well-Known Member

My 3 year old has never been a good sleeper and he goes to bed after 9:30pm. We went to a sleep doctor that discussed with us if he naps/when he naps/how long he naps etc. He said unless I want him up at the crack of dawn, then he would keep things the way they are.....

My 16 month twins go to bed no later than 8pm.

20. ellas_mom

ellas_mom Well-Known Member

My oldest DD is 2 yrs 8 months. She goes to bed between 7 and 7:30pm. She is up around 7ish sometimes 7:30am. She does not nap and hasn't for over a year now.

21. Whoa Mama

Whoa Mama Well-Known Member

7-730 has always been bedtime for our kids, and they're 4.5 and 19 mos now.

Our 4yo and one twin wakes at 6-630. That twin takes a 2-3 hr nap.

Our other twin wakes around 8 and takes a 1-1.5 hr nap

By 700 I'm done. I want to hang up my Mommy hat and have some time to myself and my husband. But I don't mind the early mornings. I've always been an early bird. I'm in bed by 10.

22. Bunky

Bunky Active Member

I think I'm kind of spoiled with good sleepers - my singleton was a good sleeper too. They go to bed around 7:30, wake around 7:30-7:45, and then take a 2-1/2 to 3 hour nap.

Our 5 yr. old goes to bed 8:30-9.

23. Amy A

Amy A Well-Known Member

Bedtime is 8pm, asleep by 9pm at the latest (usually by 8:30 or 8:45 they are asleep). They get up at 7am or 7:15. They usually take a 1 hour nap during the day, sometimes 1.5 hours if I am lucky.