What time does your 3 year old go to bed? Still nap?

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by Andi German, Apr 18, 2009.

1. Andi German

Andi German Well-Known Member

Lara is almost 3 and I think is at that phase where she sometimes does/doesn't need a lunchtime nap. She has been going down to bed at 7.15 ish and is now up for a few rounds of 'need a pee-pee' 'need a drink of water' so really not going to sleep till 7.45 sh or later. Then she can be up at 6/6.15 am. This is after having a nap or no nap. Just wondered what time your 3 yr olds go to sleep and if they still nap? Thanks in advance for any replies.

2. moski

moski Well-Known Member TS Moderator

My twins stopped napping by the time they were 3 :(. Before that, they would nap from about 1-3 and go to bed at 7:30/8 PM and get up at about 7 AM.

3. stacyann_1

stacyann_1 Well-Known Member

With no nap around 8:30pm - 7:30am, with a nap 10pm - 7:30am.

4. Shadyfeline

Shadyfeline Well-Known Member

Mine have always been up before 7am no matter what time the go to bed. They do still nap anywhere from an hour to two depending and some days we are out and they will take a quick nap in the car but we always head upstairs around 7:30ish and by the time we brush teeth, read stories they are tucked in around 8pm. One falls asleep right away, the other will chit chat for a little. They usually sleep soundly from 8:30-6:15am. They have missed a nap last week, went to bed late and all but still woke the latest 6:40 and that is lucky for me. They tell me it is nap time so I feel no need to stop it but I don't revolve my day around a nap like I did when they were little. For us, it doesn't matter either way my wake up call is at the latest 6:45am.

5. Utopia122

Utopia122 Well-Known Member

Mine go down somewhere between 8 and 9. Closer to 8 if they haven't had a nap, closer to nine if they have. They rarely take naps anymore, but when they do they will toss and turn in the bed for over an hour. They get up between 7 and 8, just depends. This morning it was a little after 7.

6. Holdentwins

Holdentwins Well-Known Member

My guys still take a 2-3 hour nap every day-- it is a must! They don't fight me on it, and i am in not ready to ditch it! :D
    Wake up - 9:00 a.m.
    Nap - 1-3 or 4
    Bedtime - 9:00 p.m.

7. SarahH

SarahH Well-Known Member

Mine are three and a half. Some days they take a nap, some days they don't. No matter what, they have quiet time in their room for 1.5-2 hours a day. Usually they fall asleep, but sometimes will stay awake playing or reading in their room.

All three of my kids are up around 6am, go to bed at 8 (for the twins) and 8:30-9 (for my six year old).

On the weekends, my 6 year old still gets quiet time in his room after lunch for 1-2 hours. He will nap once or twice a month.

8. KCMichigan

KCMichigan Well-Known Member

Bed at 7/30 up around 6:30/7

One naps 50/50 and the other doesnt nap at all. Nap/rest time is from 12:30-2.

9. Jen620

Jen620 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Ellie was 3 in February. I stopped her naps. She definitely could use one most afternoons and can get cranky about dinner time, but if she napped she would be up until 9:30 or 10, not at all tired. We all go to bed early because we get up early, 6am for me, 6:30 for girls), so her being awake was not an option!

So during the week she gets up at 6:30 and goes to bed by 7:30.

10. Babies4Susan

Babies4Susan Well-Known Member

They go to bed at 8 and wake at 7am. Sometimes they don't go to bed until 8:30, then they wake at 7:30am. They stopped napping about 2 months ago.

11. allboys

allboys Well-Known Member

Mine goes to bed around 7:30-8 PM and wakes between 7-7:30. He still takes a 2 hour nap (12-2) most days. He could go without a nap, but gets cranky and I enjoy the downtime. He doesn't have any trouble going to bed at night, even with the nap. I say continue the nap as long as possible!

12. TwinxesMom

TwinxesMom Well-Known Member

Girls get up at 7am and nap at daycare from 12-2 and go to bed around 10:30. They have always been night owls

13. double-or-nothing

double-or-nothing Well-Known Member

Mine stopped napping about 6 months ago but will very occassionally pass out in the afternoon which I hate because it messes up bed time but generally; no naps, bed between 7 and 7:30 (or sometimes, like last night, one will pass out at 6:30. It depends on how busy our day was or how they are feeling). They are usually up between 6 and 6:30 but sometimes will sleep until 7. It depends on what time they actually fall asleep at night.

14. Babies4Susan

Babies4Susan Well-Known Member

They wake at 7 and go to bed at 8. They gave up naps around 2-3 months ago.

15. Stacy A.

Stacy A. Well-Known Member

Mine nap every day for about 1.5 hours. They go to sleep between 8:30 and 9:30 at night and wake up with the sun at 7:00 am or so.

They still get cranky without a nap and I dread the day when they stop napping!

16. RRTwins

RRTwins Well-Known Member

Mine are just under 3 and they go to bed around 8-8:30pm, up at about 6:30am on most days (some days earlier). They still nap at least 2-3 hours a day (sometimes 4 and I have to wake them up).

17. pamallhoney

pamallhoney Well-Known Member

Mine little guy just turned three. He still has a nap in the afternoon from 2-4 and then goes to bed by 8pm.

Oh and he gets up around 7am when we wake the girls for school.

18. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Well I have one that naps and one that does not (or does quiet time or I wake up early). Trevor naps for 2-3 hours and goes to bed at 7:30pm, no problem! Emilie, I am trying to give up her naps because she is taking forever and a day to fall asleep at night. She wants to nap though. If she naps I wake her up after 40 min. She is in bed at 7:30pm as well, but who knows when she falls asleep, between 8:30-10pm. I tried quiet time with her starting last week, but she has fallen asleep every day, but today she is not taking a nap.