What time is bedtime?

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by natmarie, Dec 6, 2007.

1. monie rose

monie rose Well-Known Member

P&E are in bed for the night by 6:30pm and up by 7:30am

2. marcy874

marcy874 Well-Known Member

Mine go to bed at 7:30 and get up between 6:30-7:30. When they were younger, it was more like a 6:30-7:00 bedtime. I'll try to keep a 7:30 bedtime as long as possible...I need the downtime!!

3. Marieber

Marieber Well-Known Member

My girls are in bed by 8:30 and usually asleep by 9. Lately we're trying to make it a little earlier so we can recoup some "us" time but it's hard with work and getting a meal on the table and tubs, etc.

4. Tasha

Tasha Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Juj @ Dec 7 2007, 07:02 AM) [snapback]524452[/snapback]
    K&M are in bed by 8-8:30 PM. They wake between 7-7:30 AM. They nap usually for about 2 hours.

This is exactly our schedule! :)

5. all4megan_kayleigh

all4megan_kayleigh Well-Known Member

My girls have always gone to bed at 9:00. Dh and I both work and don't get home until around 6:00. We would like to spend some time with them - so once the rush of cooking, eating, cleaning and bath is over, it's already 8:00. We take that last hour to just relax with the girls. They get up at 7:00 a.m.

6. Lilpark

Lilpark Well-Known Member

Between 7 and 7:30. When they turn two I might move it up to 8.

7. natmarie

natmarie Well-Known Member

Sorry I forgot to answer my own question. Life got busy!

QUOTE(Melis @ Dec 8 2007, 03:55 AM) [snapback]525691[/snapback]
    The twins are in bed around 7 or 7:30. My oldest is usually around 8.

Same here! My DS1 has always had a later bedtime even from the begining, but he always slept in later to until 8:00-8:30 or so. The twins are always up pretty early, so they have always had an earlier bedtime. I think they wake-up when they hear dad get ready for school eventhough he insits that he is quiet. <_<

8. j_and_j_twins

j_and_j_twins Well-Known Member

bed at 7.30pm, one's up at 6am one at 7am, If i put to bed later they're still up at the same time. Usually by thur/fri they're so tired with Jk they sometimes ask to go to bed (well one does) and that's usually around 6.30pm (usually once a week).

amanda

9. reeba1976

reeba1976 Well-Known Member

7:30 or 8, on weekends, we keep them up a little longer maybe 8:30 or 9

10. Dani J.

Dani J. Well-Known Member

between 7 and 8Pm depending on whether or not they nap.

11. 2girls2b

2girls2b Well-Known Member

Our girls are always in bed and asleep by 7:30 - during the week it is usually closer to 7:00. We have to wake them at 6:30am during the week to go to work and daycare. On the weekends, they will sleep until 8am or so. I would go crazy without the down time in the evenings. I usually am in bed by 10pm and this gives me a little time to clean up, do laundry, and all of that fun stuff! Otherwise, I don't have time for household chores since I work full-time outside the home.

12. New Mom

New Mom Well-Known Member

Mine are in bed between 7 and 7:30. That way they get 12 hours every night.

13. perfectangeltwins

perfectangeltwins Well-Known Member

all the kids are in bed by 7:30 and 8:00Pm and are up by 7:30 or 8. I like them to be up by 8:00am.

C goes to bed sometimes at 8:00 but she likes to go to bed at 9:00pm but I only let her do that sometime because I need my time with Dh.

Erin

14. valentinetwins

valentinetwins Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Twinnylou @ Dec 7 2007, 11:53 AM) [snapback]524412[/snapback]
    Mine go to bed anywhere from 6.30/7pm and get up around 6.30/7am maybe later if they are tired. They take a 1.5 hour nap during the day x

Same here minus the nap. :) If I try to keep them up any later they will usually just lay down and fall asleep wherever they are. Or they'll get really irritable.

15. Callen

Callen Well-Known Member

12 yr old - 9pm

10 yr old - 8:30pm

6 yr old - 8 pm

2x 3yr olds - 8 pm

16. TwinMom205

TwinMom205 Well-Known Member

7 pm on average.

bathtime is at 6.
    books and milk after bath
    Noah is usually down at 6:45 and Aiden goes down at 7.

I love my free evenings!!!!!!!!!!!

17. Jennifer P

Jennifer P Well-Known Member

My girls go to bed aroun 8:30...
    They wake up anywhere between 7 and 9:30...with most days being 8:30
    And on days they take a nap, they can sleep up to 3 hours

18. akameme

akameme Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Jake and Becca will be 1 on Friday... But we have had roughly the same bedtime since they were 6 months old. They are usually in their cribs by 7pm (sometimes as early as 6:30) and they probably fall asleep within 20 minutes.

Sadly jake is an early riser - i hear him around 6:20/6:30, not sure what time he wakes up and he wakes up Becca, I really think she would sleep until 7 or later...but even when i get him out of their room, she wakes up.

This bedtime is good in that I get home at 6pm so I get an hour at night and an hour in the morning...but it's just really rushed, since i come home, and it's bath, breathing treatment, bottles, books, bed. It's all very rushed :( But i need the time to eat and unwind.

19. Angelasbabes

Angelasbabes Well-Known Member

The boys were 8 ish, but we're closer to 7:30 now (after the time change) and I'm sure it'll be closer to 8 again next summer. They seriously get up by 6am every day regardless of what time they went down. (we've tried! LOL)

My dd goes to bed by 8:30 even though she's in middle school. She needs her sleep otherwise she's a NASTY person! LOL

20. chellestwins2005

chellestwins2005 Well-Known Member

My 2yr old twin girls go to sleep beteen 7:30 & 8:00. They fall right to sleep. They also take a 2 hr nap every day around 1pm, and sleep until 3pm.

21. shoudeshell

shoudeshell Well-Known Member

All my kids go to sleep at 8...dd8, ds5, and R&R 15mos. The big kids get up at 6:30am so they are ready to get on the bus at 7:30 then I have 1/2 hr before the twinks get up at 8am. It's what works for my schedule right now.

22. Ali M

Ali M Well-Known Member

Up until about 6 months ago, the girls went to bed at 6:30 in the winter and 7:30 during daylight savings time.

23. hot2trottt4u

hot2trottt4u Well-Known Member

Our babies are 15 months old
    we start feeding dinner around 6pm (Earlier if they are cranky)
    After dinner they go into the tubby and than into pj's
    Than we each take one and a sippie cup for there bottle and
    off to bed.
    they are asleep around 7pm

24. jennyj

jennyj Well-Known Member

the twins and DD#3 go down by 7:30 in the winter and 8:30 in the summer and DS goes down at 8:30 hes 8 .....

I have to say mine are harder to get ot go to sleep if we miss that bedtime it could take an hour to get them to hus hand lay down but if we get it right on time its minutes and they are asleep..

a lady I know lets here just fall alseep them puts them to bed... crazy.... they are so crabby too I wonder why... I was down at her house a 8 pm the other night and they were just getting dinner and said their DS#2 who is 3 wont go to bed until 10 and the older one who is 8 falls alseep around 8:30 how sad...

25. imlodog

imlodog Well-Known Member

mine have always been in bed between 6-7....more close to 6 though. they are done by then and want to go to bed. no matter what time they go down though, they are up between 6-6:30am. they have been up a little later the past few days, like 7:30 and still get up at the same time!

Lois

26. JDMummy

JDMummy Well-Known Member

My twins go at 7 and my oldest (5) at 8. On the weekends, John can stay up til 8:30.

27. veggiehead

veggiehead Well-Known Member

Mine go at 6pm...and that is pushing them...I try everyday to keep up them up that late!?!? It is crazy!

28. WEME

WEME Well-Known Member

Between 7-7:30 pm we start the bedtime routine of changing into our PJ's, turning down the lights, closing the blinds and starting their lullaby music. We read a bedtime story and tuck them in. Sometimes they go right to sleep and other times, they talk for a while and then drift off. Most mornings they are awake around 7:30 AM. They usually nap 2 hours in the afternoon too. When they were younger, I really based it on their sleepy cues and at times they would go to bed at 6ish and sleep well. But most of the time, it was always at 7. We enjoy being with the girls, but we do like our evening time to ourselves as well.

29. betseeee

betseeee Well-Known Member

Ours usually go to bed between 7:45 and 8:30, most often right around 8. Lately they have been very sick and miserable and have been going down about an hour earlier.

30. sj3g

sj3g Well-Known Member

Twins (19 mos.)- 6:30/7:00 -- Up at 7:00
    6 year old- 7:45/8:00 -- I have to wake her up at 7:00

31. avaoliviamom

avaoliviamom Well-Known Member

Usually between 715 -745 they fall asleep right away and are up bby 730am. No naps here though. If they nap bedtime is sabotaged and they can be in bed but awake to almost 10pm sometimes. It's crazy..

32. HeidiO68

HeidiO68 Well-Known Member

I have two school age daughters that go to bed at 9. The twins usually fall asleep between 9 and 9:30. My 14 yr old son is a night owl and would stay up all night if I'd let him. (which of course I don't) ;)