What was (or has been) your favorite month of FY with Twins?

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by mjwebb05, Dec 17, 2010.

1. mjwebb05

mjwebb05 Well-Known Member

Anyone want to weigh in on what their "favorite" months/stages were or are with their twins in their first year? I have boys who will be 6 months old in just a few days, and am thinking it is starting to get really fun! ^_^

2. rrodman

rrodman Well-Known Member

Somewhere around month six when they could play and sit up but not move.

3. Rollergiraffe

Rollergiraffe Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I think around 8 months for me when they were eating on their own a lot more and starting to play with things a lot and still enjoyed being in their strollers. The second half of the first year in general is way more fun!

4. emp59

emp59 Well-Known Member

10 months was the best for us. They were finally eating well, STTN, were walking, but still didn't have the toddler attitude!

5. jjzollman

jjzollman Well-Known Member

Really, 7 - 12 months was awesome. 7-8 was probably my most favorite "month", but it is hard to pick during that time frame! :) :wub:

6. cat mommy

cat mommy Well-Known Member

ALL OF THEM! Different challenges and different fun for each month, but they were all great :)

7. Tamaralynn

Tamaralynn Well-Known Member

Call me nuts but I ABSOLUTELY LOVE the newborn stage. They are so tiny and cuddly. I LOVED it. I also loved the 7-8 month when they started crawling and sitting on their own.

8. Robynsegg

Robynsegg Well-Known Member

Slipper - YOUR NUTS!!! lol

I loved the 7-12 month(s) stage(s). Its hard to pick. My duo are so different from one another and so each month brought on different things for them.

9. fmcquinn

fmcquinn Well-Known Member

I think I really liked 8 months, but I'm enjoying 10 months right now. Who knows, I've still got two months to go! :D

10. Tamaralynn

Tamaralynn Well-Known Member

haha I know. I am also one of those that loves being pregnant

11. Kludelhoven

Kludelhoven Well-Known Member

I don't think i could pick just 1 month i'm just going to say 6-9months. They were sttn, they were interested in their toys and eating solids and most importantly not mobile yet. I could put them on the living room floor and walk away and when i got back they were still there!

12. E's 3

E's 3 Well-Known Member

I agree...Slipper you're crazy! The newborn stage was my least favorite part. I am however also one of those people who enjoyed being pregnant and I was telling DH the other day that I am sad I will never get to experience the physical challenge of labour again, although I'm sure I will find other ways to challenge myself, lol!

I have to say that since we hit month 10 things have gotten easier and more enjoyable. Like a PP said they are fun, interacting with their world and each other and not talking back yet :).

I also have to add that they have been STTN the last 6 nights (they have never both had 6 good nights in a row)...I have my fingers crossed we have finally cracked their night waking issues and can now look forward to some SLEEP!!!!!

13. megkc03

megkc03 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I'll join you in the 'nut' club. LOL! I LOVED being pregnant, but I had easy pregnancies. I MISS being pregnant. And I MISS that infant stage. I miss all of it. And my boys are three. In fact, I'd rather deal with just learning to sit up, crawl, stand, babble infants vs three year olds who whine, fight, bicker, andtalknonstopallthefreakingdayanddrivemeupthewallbecausetheyneverstoptalkingmommymommymommymommymommyandonandonandonandon.... LOL!

I also agree that EVERY stage, for me, is a wonderful stage. The 6-12 month stage is really fun because of all of the new things they are learning to do. Their personalities are really starting to shine. It's awesome. Annabella is now 18 months old, and she is really fun. She's sassy, talking up a storm, we can communicate...it's just so much fun.

I'll get to relive the infant stage when I start watching my friends 3 month old in February. Part of me can't wait! :laughing:

14. christy.fisher

christy.fisher Well-Known Member

Yeah, you are nuts!! :) I agree that they are tiny and cuddly, but our first three months were miserable! I'm happy for you though that yours was better. :)

Months 6-8 were definitely my "easiest" months. Now they are into everything and having fits when I try to pull them out of the fridge or cabinets. I still love them to pieces but I am a little more exasperated these days.

15. AimeeThomp

AimeeThomp Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I really really enjoyed having 6 month olds. I think around 5 - 7 months was my favorite. They were so smiley and cute and also were sleeping 12 hours each night. I loved it.

16. ohd1974

ohd1974 Well-Known Member

Month 5 becuase I was away for almost 2 weeks-LOL!!! 10 months was my fave.

17. ECUBitzy

ECUBitzy Well-Known Member

I'm loving this eleventh month! Their personalities are so distinct and they are becoming so expressive. When they want something they are much easier to understand.

They've also become clingy, which I secretly love. After a whole week of work and only having the evening hours with them, I LOVE the weekends when they seem to need me so much and I can see that they do need me. It helps me manage my mommy guilt. ;)

I thought that six months was pretty neat as well. The were sitting and smiling. The only reason I would put 11 over 6 is because at six months I still had to bring them toys and we were just beginning to battle solid feeds. I think it was a little tougher for us.

And the fact that they actively play together now?! Aw, it melts my heart!