What's the difference between size 4 and size 4T?

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by Babies4Susan, Jun 29, 2009.

1. Babies4Susan

Babies4Susan Well-Known Member

I am going to run some errands and maybe do a little shopping this afternoon, looking to see if there are any clearance bargains yet. But next summer they should be in size 4T. I was wondering what is the difference between size 4 and size 4T though. Maybe I can branch out to a new department in search of clearance stuff. :)

2. Hillybean

Hillybean Well-Known Member

I ran into this at Gymboree, though I was asking about 3T and 3. The sales lady told me that 3T is a little roomier to allow for diapers so since my girls are potty trained I should be looking at the 3 instead of the 3T.

3. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

I feel like in the tops they are ever so slightly longer (which I like!) S = longer 4/5's .... I bought some of those at Children's Place and might be able to use them again next year!

4. ljcrochet

ljcrochet Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I know at children's place the 4 has a tall height range for the weight then the 4t.

5. KCMichigan

KCMichigan Well-Known Member

4 tend to be longer/leaner than 4Ts.

Though we wore 3t for a full year and are wearing 4s now---but I see a quick jump to 5s soon (for height reasons) for some things.

Enjoy the sales! I stock up for the year ahead as well....so far I got some 'large' looking 4s or 4/5 (s).Target had some good clearance!

6. bkpjlp

bkpjlp Well-Known Member

A lady at Gymboree told us the same thing. The T makes room for the diaper/pull-up.

7. Sullyirishtwins

Sullyirishtwins Well-Known Member

Thanks, I just learned something NEW :)

8. Snittens

Snittens Well-Known Member

Yes, especially at Gymboree, the "T" pants tend to be more square, have a boxier look to them. Mine wear 4/4T interchangeably. They are starting to leave the toddler section of some stores, like The Children's Place, they are outgrowing 4T. :cry: I don't want to go to the big girls' section!