What's the favorite summer activity so far?

Discussion in 'Childhood and Beyond (4+)' started by rissakaye, Jun 17, 2010.

1. rissakaye

rissakaye Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Our's is bowling. We signed up with the "Kids Bowl Free" program and I got the pass for me to bowl with them. Our local alley does $.99 shoe rental for anyone in that program and I have my own shoes. So for $2 a time, we spend a couple of hours bowling. The kids are absolutely loving it. We had never done much bowling before, so going twice a week has been fun.

A side benefit is that their kinder teacher wanted me to find ways to work with Timothy on hand strength to help him in writing. I'm guess that holding and using a bowling ball is helping with that.

What's been your big hit for the summer so far?

Marissa

2. Julie

Julie Well-Known Member

My girls just finished an ice skating camp and loved it. They also get a free public skating punch card. They spent 3 hours skating today. Very nice since it's hot and humid outside.

3. jjzollman

jjzollman Well-Known Member

Our neighborhood pool, so far! :) We can take all 3 and keep them contained! :laughing:

4. TwinxesMom

TwinxesMom Well-Known Member

A tie between swim lessons and gymnastics. The crazy thing is they ended up with my sister as their swim instructor.

I'm posting here because I really don't feel like we belong in 2-4 now.

5. rissakaye

rissakaye Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I remember that I moved up a few months before turning 5 also because I felt like we didn't belong in 2-4 also. So, welcome and hope you find what you need here.

Marissa

6. FirstTimeMom814

FirstTimeMom814 Well-Known Member

So far it's the pool. They ask to go daily. I don't mind taking them because it's the one place they generally don't fight and whine.

7. momotwinsmom

momotwinsmom Well-Known Member

We are only out 2 days, but so far our pool has been the main source of entertainment. We do have 2 1-week camps at the gym we belong to, so they'll do those. Plus they are signed up for gymnastics, dance and a kidfit fitness class through the gym as well. As those classes (not camps) are free with a family membership here.

8. Moodyzblu

Moodyzblu Well-Known Member

Today is 0ur first day .. so not sure yet. I know I want to get together with some mommy friends and go to the parks. I get the summer off .. so I am very excited about doing fun things !

9. tc5fish

tc5fish New Member

Camping at our local Big Trees State Park. State Parks offer a great junior ranger program for school age kids for free. Contact any State Park for info. Just finishing a fun week at VBS at our church and lots of pool time!

10. ktfan

ktfan Well-Known Member

Going to the water park at Carowinds is by far the most fun we have in the summer. With the season passes we can go for just a little bit and come home (since it's less than 10 min from my front door to turning the car off in the season pass parking lot). We get there about 15 min before the gates open, ride a few rides while we wait for the water park to open (they open those gates to season pass members at 10:30 and everything starts at 11), we swim/play til 12:30 or so then head home for lunch. The food is too expensive there plus it starts getting more crowded between 1 and 2 as it starts to get it pretty hot. I love that it's a free thing to do all summer and nobody gets bored with it.

11. moski

moski Well-Known Member TS Moderator

So far, it's whining "What are we going to do today?"

We have done a few day trips. We went to a farm, went to a Red Sox game, went into Boston for the day. Next week they are in a nature camp (all three kids :woo: ) in the mornings. Then we leave for Cape Cod on Saturday and won't be home until some time in August.

12. angelsmom2001

angelsmom2001 Well-Known Member

So far, the favorite thing for my girls to do is go to their new babysitters house. :laughing: I'm really not kidding. They have only been out of school since last week, but couldn't wait to get to her house, and are already looking forward to this week. Even more than the promised camping trip with Daddy.

I'm hoping to get them to our camp so they can get some good swimming in. Otherwise ??????

13. BellaRissa

BellaRissa Well-Known Member

Definitely the neighborhood pool. We have met several new friends and the girls have become very good swimmers. We have been BUSY. We went to FL for almost 3 weeks - my oldest DD's wedding, beach condo in Ponce Inlet, Disney World, Animal Kingdom, Sea World, the Alamo, San Antonio Riverwalk. The girls just got back from Great Wolf Lodge & will be going to a beach cottage in Maine in July. Their birthday is Saturday so we are hard at work planning the party. Busy, busy, busy!

14. NicoleT

NicoleT Well-Known Member

The pool has been a hit and they have really enjoyed VBS this week.

15. Juj

Juj Well-Known Member

They are really enjoying the pool. We live right next door to my parents and the kids love going to their pool.

Yesterday was a great day also. DH took the day off and we went to the beach. But before that, we played mini-golf and rode go-karts. They had a blast!!!

16. angelsmom2001

angelsmom2001 Well-Known Member

New favorite activity....Driving 1 1/2 hours to pick up big sister who has been in South America for the past 5 weeks.

17. sv2001302

sv2001302 Well-Known Member

definitely a tie between Disneyland(annual passes) and the free family movies they play at the local theatre....actually can't wait for the heat to kick up so i can take them to california adventure to play in the bug's life water area this summer. They are really excited about that.

18. NicoleT

NicoleT Well-Known Member

You are brave to hit up Disneyland and CA Adventure in the summer. :) As season pass holders as well, we stay far away when the crowds are out! :)