whats the hardest part?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by lbzg, Dec 28, 2010.

1. lbzg

lbzg Well-Known Member

whats the hardest part of having twin babies and being pregnant? if you could do it over, would you...we are not pregnant yet but want to be!

2. snoopytwins

snoopytwins Well-Known Member

Definitely...do it again. Although unexpected, I wouldn't trade her or being pregnant with her for anything. Hardest part of being pregnant and having twins, for me, was just the tiredness...always tired, but that wasn't that bad. The hard part for me was after she came and figuring out how to take care of her and the boys and spend time with everybody and get all the stuff that needed to get done done. HTH!

3. mhardman

mhardman Well-Known Member

Mine were almost 3 when I got pregnant planned with IVF. It has been a very rough pregnancy with being sick 24/7 until 26 weeks and a whole load of aother problems I won't complain about. I was expecting to feel like with my first twins which was an easy pregnancy so the unexpected was hard to deal with. i also have no family close and DH working 60-70 hrs a week and working nights. I will be glad to get theses babies here adn feel well again.

4. AimeeThomp

AimeeThomp Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I would do it again. It wasn't hard for me until the end when I was so big. Really the hardest part for me has been right now, having a newborn up all hours of the night and then having to wake up with my twins in the morning. They start preschool next September, so it would have been a smart idea to wait until the twins were in preschool for #3 but oh well. I wanted to be done when I turned 30.

5. babyhopes09

babyhopes09 Well-Known Member

I am 7 weeks pregnant and my twins are 8 months old. The hardest part right now, I think, is how exhausted I am.. along with the morning sickness. There just doesn't feel like there is much of a light at the end of the tunnel as far as feeling better and having some kind of rest. I also have a lot of fears for the future... if my LO's will all get enough attention, how I will handle everything emotionally, and how we will handle it financially... that being said.. we have always wanted a big family with kids close in age, so I think the whole saying "we plan, God laughs" is very true right now..we struggled a lot to have our DD's and we really didn't think we would get pregnant at all this soon! I know we'll get through it, but right now, for me, it feels very daunting!!!!

6. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

I am 10 weeks pregnant and our twins will be 4 tomorrow. The hardest part so far aside from the tiredness has been keeping them from jumping on me. I would do it again in a heartbeat!

7. weegus

weegus Well-Known Member

I found out I was pregnant (unplanned) when my twin boys were 10 months. Like other posters have said, the fatigue is a killer. The twins were my first pregnancy and I could lay around and get all the rest I needed. The second time around was a totally different story. They are now 22 months and their brother is 5 months and the tiredness has not gone away!!! Also juggling our daily schedule, changing diapers for three, and the complete lack of any shred personal time are the hardest parts. It is a TON of work, the days are long, and I know these few years will be really tough but the long term advantage of having them close together (both for me and them) is awesome! Knowing what I know now, I still wouldn't change a thing!

It can't be TOO bad... I am still holding out hope for a little girl, maybe after the twins are potty trained.

Good luck!!!

8. lbzg

lbzg Well-Known Member

I understand wanting them close together but wouldnt you suggest maybe two years apart?

9. weegus

weegus Well-Known Member

I think there are different challenges no matter what the age gap. Mine are 17 months apart. If I had PLANNED a bit better, I always thought it would have been easier if I had waited until the twins were potty trained (age 2-3). But then again, I didn't have to deal with the jealousy or behavior issues my friends have faced with their kiddos who have a bigger age gap. My twins are oblivious to the new baby. There is no right answer here... the best time is when you are ready!!

10. AmberG

AmberG Well-Known Member

Do you have a lot of help? There is a 21 month age gap between my twins and new baby. I have had quite a bit of help (almost every day for the first 2.5 months). This week I have had hardly any help and it has been challenging. On many days I have no break because the baby doesn't nap at the same time as the twins. It can be hard to do meals when the baby needs to be nursing or going down for a nap. I am really exhausted, but partly because all 3 kids are sick and my DD has been sleeping poorly. I have an easy baby this time, so I can't imagine what it would be like with a difficult baby. You may want to consider waiting. However, on the plus side, we didn't really have any jealousy issues when they new baby came. My twins love her to pieces!

11. MusicalAli

MusicalAli Well-Known Member

Well, I didn't have twin BABIES when I was pregnant. My twins were nearly 2 when I got pregnant with DD. We had been trying for 7 months, though. I wanted at least 2 years between them so we started trying when they were 15 months. It really wasn't a difficult pregnancy at all dealing with them. Some moments were a bit awkward as my belly grew huge but in general it was fine. She was 13-14 months when I got pregnant with DS3 and it was no problem dealing with her (or the twins) either when I was pregnant. The hardest part was the sleep deprivation at the end of my pregnancy as I was constantly up to use the bathroom.

12. rainkane

rainkane Member

Im 33 weeks preg and I have 19 month old boys. Currently... I get feelings of "why did I do this to myself??!!" but other times I think oh how blessed I am!!! So it changes with the challenges of the day... Im now starting to stress about life after being pregnant with twin toddlers. I just found out im to have a C section and Im just worried about how my boys will feel about me not being there for a few days, as I will be in the hospital or when I come home and wont be able to pick them up but I will have this new baby in my arms... so I keep picturing what it will be like but I have no idea. But that's the great part to I cant remember who said it in one of the posts before, we plan god laughs.. I agree with that.. Hes probably gutting himself laughing right now!!! I am so excited at the unknown but petrified at the same time. I hope for a little girl this time around, but would be happy with another boy, considering I have SO MUCH BOY STUFF from the twins! If anyone has any advice about deal with the twins after I come home with new baby after a C-0section please feel free to share it with me!!! Im scared of how it will feel and how it will go. But as for whether or not to go ahead and have another, if that's whats in your heart, and that's what you want, it will all work out. God doesn't give us anything we can't handle as far as I believe. SO go for it! Just make sure you want it :)