When did u start showing and did your twins sleep together and if so how long?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by TiffanyRH, Jul 6, 2012.

1. TiffanyRH

TiffanyRH Active Member

I'm just curious when you started showing with your twins and also did your twins sleep together and if they did how long? Thanks!
    Tiffany

2. efaith

efaith Well-Known Member

I started showing at 6 weeks, but it's my 3rd pregnancy so it's not like I had stomach muscles to hold anything in! Can't answer your second question, I'm only 34 weeks!!

3. Rollergiraffe

Rollergiraffe Well-Known Member TS Moderator

It was my first pregnancy and I had a visible belly by the time I had my first U/S at 12 weeks.

My twins slept in the same crib for the first 5 months until they started rolling around too much, then they were in their own cribs. Now that they're in big boy beds they like to crawl in together quite often! :wub:

4. Silly_Putty

Silly_Putty Well-Known Member

Not sure exactly when, but it was more obvious than I realized by 3 months because we went on vacation and several hotel/activity people acknowledged my belly. I am also pretty small and was quite thin at the time so I couldn't hide much given my size.

Mine slept together for about 3-4 months. They still share a room.

5. Mom2VLS

Mom2VLS Well-Known Member

I started showing sometime early in the 2nd trimester. That's pretty normal for me though and I may have actually shown a little bit earlier but no one noticed because it was winter.

Mine are still sleeping in a co-sleeper and actually sleep better when they are right next to each other (and swaddled individually). I plan to put them in separate cribs in the same room when they can roll over well.

6. Utopia122

Utopia122 Well-Known Member

The twins were my second pregnancy, however it had been 8 years since I had been pregnant, so I didn't start really showing until the second trimester (I'm also tall and long waisted). My girls slept in the same crib until the day we walked in and one had rolled on top of the other one and was sleeping on her. I guess that was around 6 months or so..can't remember exactly.

7. Katheros

Katheros Well-Known Member

I'm tall & thin, I started to show about 10 weeks or so. I could hide it easily, though. My twins slept in the same crib for about 6 months or so.

8. Danibell

Danibell Well-Known Member TS Moderator

My twins were my third full pregnancy, my fifth pregnancy including miscarriages. I was in maternity pants by 10 wks, I couldn't get my regular jeans done up at all by then. Definitely showed way earlier than i did with my other kids!

My twins shared a crib until they were about 9 months old. Then we separated them into two cribs but kept the cribs side by side. The first night they both scooted into the corner closest to each other and slept head to head there :wub: They are 3 and still share a room.

9. christinam

christinam Well-Known Member

I popped early but this is my fifth pregnancy (6 & 7) child.

My twins have shared off/on since birth. Now at close to 2 they only sleep together.

10. 3under2!

3under2! Well-Known Member

It was my second pregnancy. I was definitely showing by the end of month 4(? I think) but I carry really small in general. Someone who knows me well could tell right away, but everyone else it took a while.

My girls are 5.5 months and still sharing a mini-crib, but they are waaay too big to still be doing it and I need to split them up.

11. Meximeli

Meximeli Well-Known Member

I can't remember when I started showing. :pardon:

My twins slept together until they were 6 years old and still do occasionally.

12. emp59

emp59 Well-Known Member

I was noticeable pregnant (not just chubby looking) at 16-17 weeks.

My girls slept together until they were 4 months old and came out of their swaddles.

13. AKilburn

AKilburn Well-Known Member

I found out I was pregnant at 5 weeks, had my firat ultrasound at 7w+3. I had a little bit of a stomach on me but I think I looked more like id just put on a few pounds rather than pregnant. It was around 12 weeks that I was noticiably pregnant.

I cant speak for the twins sleeping together as this is my first pregnancy but we're planning on having them sleep together.

14. DannyT

DannyT Well-Known Member

1st pregnancy and I got 'thick' in the middle around I recall 10-12 weeks but could still wear all my regular clothes. Didn't really develop a baby bump until about 15.

My twins are due in Sept so I can't speak to the sleeping together

15. NINI H

NINI H Well-Known Member

I started showing pretty quickly. And my twins are still in the same bed at 5 yrs old.

16. rayceryin12

rayceryin12 Well-Known Member

I started showing around 9 weeks, it's my 2nd pregnancy.

17. SC

SC Well-Known Member

My twins were my first pregnancy. I started showing around week 16. At least that's when people at work started to "talk among themselves!"

My boys only slept together in a PNP for a few weeks after coming home from the NICU. As soon as they (combined) surpassed the weight limit in the bassinet part of the PNP, we put them in separate PNPs until they moved out of our room and into their cribs in their nursery around 3 months old. They have never slept together since. Well... until we converted to toddler beds and now they crawl in together or sleep on the floor together!!
    I never liked the idea of them sleeping together once they could move around and crowd/disturb each other.

18. twindadjoe

twindadjoe Member

Our twin girls slept in the same crib for several months before we separated them to each have their own cribs. This gave us time to transition their older brother out of his crib and into a big boy bed.

19. gina_leigh

gina_leigh Well-Known Member

I started showing around 15 weeks or so.

My twins shared a co-sleeper until about 3 months and then a crib until about 6 months. I had one that was (and still is lol) a wiggle worm when she sleeps, so she'd wake her brother up. That's when we separated them.

20. tinalb

tinalb Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I can't remember when I started showing, but it was fairly early. My two slept together in a crib for 2 years, then we moved them to their own twin beds, but they still slept together in one bed for another year or so.

21. MommyMelissaReturns

MommyMelissaReturns Well-Known Member

I started showing around 7-9 weeks, I couldn't zip my pants and thought, woah, I better lay off the junk food! Didn't know I was preggo at the time.

My twins slept together for pretty much the first year. They did pretty much until they were 8. Even if they went to their own rooms, they usually ended up together by morning.

Kimmy doesn't want TJ anywhere near her room now........thanks to pre-teen moodiness. :catfight:

I think it's fine to let them sleep together, it's always seemed to comfort my kiddos.

22. msterling

msterling Active Member

I'm only 12 weeks right now (first pregnancy). I am still not showing. I haven't even told my work yet. I went to doc today and have only gained one pound but I do see a tiny bump. I just feel "pudgy". I'm pretty petite and was told I would show early and have been waiting...and waiting....LOL

23. aquickworld

aquickworld Well-Known Member

I started to show at 8-10'weeks along with my girls. They spent 13 days in the NICU in separate beds so they didn't know any different and seemed more comfortable in separate beds so that's what we've always done. Now at almost 20 months old they are all over the crib and I don't think they would do well sharing one. I think it just depends on the temperament of your twins and if they are movers when they sleep.

24. ward

ward Well-Known Member

my twins were my second pregnancy and i think i really started to show between 17 and 19 weeks its really hard to remember because at 17 weeks pregnant with them i had to have surgery so i wasn't paying attention to if i was showing lol. They slept in the same bassinet for i wanna say the first month and then slept in seperate bassinets until five months and we then transfered them to their own cribs in their room cause thats when i went back to work.

25. We've had to tell everyone by 9 weeks as I already look very pregnant. I've been showing since around 6 wks but this is my 2nd pregnancy and I was already bloated from Ivf.