When did you start showing w/ #3?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by MrsBQ02, Dec 6, 2010.

1. MrsBQ02

MrsBQ02 Well-Known Member

We managed to bring home a Disney souvenier!!! After over a year and fertility treatments to get our boys, we simply chose "not to avoid" while we were on vacation and SURPRISE SURPRISE I'm pregnant!!!! I still wonder how on earth that happened!!!!!!!!!!

But I was wondering when I should expect to start showing. I'm a bridesmaid in my brother's wedding in March, I'll be 16 weeks. I know if it were my 1st pg with a singleton, I could probably pull off the dress just fine (it has an empire waist) but after being so stretched out from the boys, even assuming this is one baby (it better be!!) I wonder if I'll need a new maternity style dress instead. FWIW, I'm a pretty tiny person- about a 100 lbs, size 2/4 at the moment.

Anyone have any thoughts?? :)

2. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After my twins I lost down to a record low for me - and I have already started to puff up like a puffer fish with this baby(ies) (and I could not be happier!) I am hungry all of the time!! I go tomorrow for my first ultrasound. I cannot stand to wear my pre pregnancy jeans ALREADY - they make me feel awful - I have 5 kids and with each pregnancy started to show a little sooner. I would imagine since you are so tiny already that you may have at least a little pooch by 16weeks.

3. AimeeThomp

AimeeThomp Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Congratulations!! I started noticing a difference in my clothes almost right away this time. By 16 weeks if not maternity you'll at least need a dress in a bigger size than you normally wear.

4. mhardman

mhardman Well-Known Member

I was showing and wearing maternity by that time but it is babies 3/4 for me. You might be able to pull off a size larger though with the style.

5. seamusnicholas

seamusnicholas Well-Known Member

I started really soon! At 5 weeks things were tight. But as far as people noticing, maybe around 10-12 weeks. By 16 weeks I was in maternity dresses.

6. MusicalAli

MusicalAli Well-Known Member

yikes. you are tiny. LOL. I think you'll be OK with an empire waist dress. I was in maternity well before 16 weeks but I wasn't THAT big. I think an empire waist would be OK.

7. MrsBQ02

MrsBQ02 Well-Known Member

Gotcha--- so maybe, maybe not! :lol: The only problem is I only have two weeks once I get the dress to return it.... boo! I guess maybe I can stick a pillow in there and see how much room I've got??

I still just can't believe I'm pregnant again.... I was so not prepared for this!! :blink: :shok:

8. Kristin N

Kristin N Well-Known Member

When are you getting the dress? With this one I "popped" all of a sudden right around 16 weeks, before that I just looked really bloated, but switched over to maternity clothes/bigger clothes pretty early on. With an empire waist you might just be able to pull it off (and how lucky for you that it is an empire waist-style :) )