When did you start showing

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by Cynthia3200, Jun 26, 2007.

1. Cynthia3200

Cynthia3200 Well-Known Member

I am almost 11 weeks. Unfortunately I started the pregnancy with about 50 extra pounds (all my weight is in my belly too) This is my third pregnancy. I can't wait to start showing. I love being pregnant. I'm just so eager! lol I'm in maternity pants already because my regular jeans don't fit but my stomach doesn't look pregnant- just fat right now

So actually here are my list of questions ;)

What # pregnancy was your twin pregnancy?

When did you start wearing maternity clothes full time (tops and bottoms)

When did you start showing (where people could tell you're pregnant)

If you were a belly sleeper, when did you have to stop sleeping on your belly?

How far along were you when you delivered?

Was it a planned delivery or did you go in labor? (I ask this because I have 2 prior c-sections and am opting for another)

Thank you so much!!! I know I'm new here but I've been lurking for awhile (like most people do! :p ) What a great site!! A friend of mine recommended it.

2. tulip1981

tulip1981 Well-Known Member

My First

Around 16-17 weeks

People were starting to guess around 13 weeks and knew for sure I was pregnant at 15 weeks

16-17 weeks - when I "popped"

34 weeks

Was it a planned delivery or did you go in labor? (I ask this because I have 2 prior c-sections and am opting for another)

I was induced because of pre-eclampsia and TTTS

3. SeattleLisa

SeattleLisa Well-Known Member

What # pregnancy was your twin pregnancy? This is my first

When did you start wearing maternity clothes full time (tops and bottoms) I think around 13 -14 weeks.

When did you start showing (where people could tell you're pregnant) I worked really hard to hide it because I was in the middle of some job interviews for a different position in my company and I didn't want them to know - even though I was wearing maternity clothes, I also wore a jacket and/or dark colors. I finally told work at 20 weeks, and it was pretty obvious by then.

If you were a belly sleeper, when did you have to stop sleeping on your belly? hmm, maybe around 14 weeks?

How far along were you when you delivered? haven't yet.

Was it a planned delivery or did you go in labor? (I ask this because I have 2 prior c-sections and am opting for another) hoping to go into labor - I don't want a c-section.

Congrats on your pregnancy!

4. JVC0625

JVC0625 Well-Known Member

I am 14 weeks and 3 days. Still in my regular jeans and tops. I have a little belly, but I've only gained about 5 pounds, and my jeans go below my belly, so they are fine. I was about 113 pre-pregnancy. I'm not a belly sleeper, I am a side sleeper. This is my 2nd pregnancy, I have an 11 year old daughter. Not sure how I will deliver. Hopefully naturally if all goes well. Congratulations on your twins!

5. twinzmom2b

twinzmom2b Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Cynthia3200 @ Jun 26 2007, 05:46 PM) [snapback]307703[/snapback]
    I am almost 11 weeks. Unfortunately I started the pregnancy with about 50 extra pounds (all my weight is in my belly too) This is my third pregnancy. I can't wait to start showing. I love being pregnant. I'm just so eager! lol I'm in maternity pants already because my regular jeans don't fit but my stomach doesn't look pregnant- just fat right now

What # pregnancy was your twin pregnancy? Twins was my first pregnancy.
    When did you start wearing maternity clothes full time (tops and bottoms) [/COLOR]I started wearing maternity pants around 8 weeks b/c I didn't have pants that fit anymore, just everyting was getting tight. I started wearing maternity tops probably around 15-16 weeks.
    When did you start showing (where people could tell you're pregnant) I was about 20 weeks before I actually got comments that I was "looking pregnant"
    If you were a belly sleeper, when did you have to stop sleeping on your belly? I've never been a belly sleeper.
    How far along were you when you delivered? 34 weeks 1 day
    Thank you so much!!! I know I'm new here but I've been lurking for awhile (like most people do! :p ) What a great site!! A friend of mine recommended it. I was already on hospital bedrest and they stopped the mag drip at 34 weeks, I went into natural labor the next monring and was already 4 cm and 100% effaced when they took me in for my c-section. It wasn't "planned" but we knew it wouldn't be much longer since the mag had basically stopped working.

Welcome to TS and congrats on your twin pregnancy! I hope you have a healhty, uneventful pregnancy!

6. rosend

rosend Member

First

This week - btwn 17 & 18 wks. I was wearing my regular clothes or my sister's (one size up from my normal size) till then using spanx. But it just got so uncomfortable trying to squeeze into them anymore

I could tell at 8-10 wks. But I was pretty thin, so I just looked more "average" until 16 -17 wks or so.

15 - 16 wks.

Not there yet!

Well see what the babies decide!

7. SommerNyte

SommerNyte Well-Known Member

What # pregnancy was your twin pregnancy? 2
    When did you start wearing maternity clothes full time (tops and bottoms) 13 weeks
    When did you start showing (where people could tell you're pregnant) 11 weeks (a stranger in the store asked me when I was due).
    If you were a belly sleeper, when did you have to stop sleeping on your belly? n/a
    How far along were you when you delivered? n/a (still pg)
    Was it a planned delivery or did you go in labor? (I ask this because I have 2 prior c-sections and am opting for another) n/a (still pg)

8. AshleyLD

AshleyLD Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Cynthia3200 @ Jun 26 2007, 10:46 AM) [snapback]307703[/snapback]

tops: like 20 + weeks
    Bottoms: Early, like 14 weeks.. Just because other pants didnt fit right anymore

when i started wearing maternity tops
    Early. I love sleeping on my belly. probably like 14 weeks
    Still havent
    I am hoping for Veg del. I dont want the scar..... I know.. its kinda superfiscal.. (sp?)
    Thank you so much!!! I know I'm new here but I've been lurking for awhile (like most people do! :p ) What a great site!! A friend of mine recommended it.

9. mrsmoon

mrsmoon Well-Known Member

20 weeks. at 22 weeks I can no longer wear any of my prepregnancy tops but I can still wear my sweat pants.

18 weeks people started asking.

side sleeper all the time

have not delivered. first pregnancy: 37 weeks, second pregnancy induced at 38 weeks

I hope and pray that God puts me in labor naturally. I am scared of a C- section b/c I have never had any surgeries before.

10. New Mom

New Mom Well-Known Member

Hope this helps

What # pregnancy was your twin pregnancy? First

When did you start wearing maternity clothes full time (tops and bottoms) 6 weeks

When did you start showing (where people could tell you're pregnant) 8 weeks

If you were a belly sleeper, when did you have to stop sleeping on your belly? I always slept on my side

How far along were you when you delivered? 33 weeks exactly

Was it a planned delivery or did you go in labor? (I ask this because I have 2 prior c-sections and am opting for another) I had a planned c-section, but the date came a lot quicker than expected. There were concerns for one of the babies.

11. Susiepie

Susiepie Well-Known Member

My first

Tops around 12 weeks and bottoms around 16 weeks I think. I couldn't fit into my jeans after 8 weeks, but used a belly band for my work slacks for quite some time

15 weeks I think

N/A

N/A

N/A I did ask my doctor yesterday and she said we can try to deliver most likely cause baby A is head down, but it sounded like if I preferred a section she would grant me one.

12. pgwithtwins

pgwithtwins Well-Known Member

What # pregnancy was your twin pregnancy? this is my second pg

When did you start wearing maternity clothes full time (tops and bottoms) was 100% maternity by about 9 weeks.

When did you start showing (where people could tell you're pregnant) By about 9-10 weeks people could tell. I carry all in my belly. It would have been impossible to hide.

If you were a belly sleeper, when did you have to stop sleeping on your belly? not a belly sleeper. but a back sleeper which is just as tough sometimes to adjust! :)

How far along were you when you delivered? not that far yet....

Was it a planned delivery or did you go in labor? (I ask this because I have 2 prior c-sections and am opting for another) I had a c section with number 1 and may again. Doc seems to be open to me trying a VBAC I am just reserving that decision until the end when we see how things have gone and where the babies are.

COngrats on your twin pregnancy. I was pretty scared at first but I am more excited now. Part of it is feeling them move. It is amazing! :icon_biggrin:

13. Kimkessenich

Kimkessenich Well-Known Member

2nd

8 weeks

People actually starting guessing and talking about the fact that I looked pg at 8weeks

I haven't delivered yet - I delivered my first singleton at 38 weeks on the dot (I was induced)

14. Fay

Fay Well-Known Member

I was obviously pregnant by by about 14 wks, but i needed more room in my pants at 10 wks!

i wasn't a belly sleeper, so no help there

it was my first pregancy to carry that long

i was induced at 34w6d

15. ladybutterflyrose

ladybutterflyrose Well-Known Member

Hi :sign0016:

I can answer four of your six questions :).

This is my first pregnancy.

I started wearing maternity clothes at 17.5 weeks (the day my "belly popped") - I was measuring three weeks larger than this.

People started to be able to tell I was pregnant the following week at 18 weeks.

Around 18 weeks sleeping on my belly was uncomfortable - I quickly rounded out after I popped. I now sleep on my side and back. I started using a pregnancy pillow this week too (19 weeks). Hope this helps.

16. Klee

Klee Member

1. Second Pregnancy
    2. Tops not yet because most of my tops are loose fitting. I am 17 weeks. As for bottoms I need to go get some because the rubberband loop around the button is not cutting it anymore.
    3. Some can see it now but I have not had a stranger ask yet.
    4. Stopped sleeping on my belly around 13 weeks. Using a body pillow which works great.

17. tdemarco01

tdemarco01 Well-Known Member

by mo 3
    pretty quickly, I gained 12 pounds in the first trimester.

pretty quickly, slept on my side for the duration

37.5 weeks

planned c-section -- due to breech baby A

Good luck, it's a wild ride

18. RRTwins

RRTwins Well-Known Member

What # pregnancy was your twin pregnancy? First

When did you start wearing maternity clothes full time (tops and bottoms) 9 weeks! I was thin prior to pregnancy and gained 30 pounds in my first trimester alone.

When did you start showing (where people could tell you're pregnant) 7-8 weeks

If you were a belly sleeper, when did you have to stop sleeping on your belly? I'm a side sleeper

How far along were you when you delivered? Scheduled c-section at 38 weeks, 1 day

Was it a planned delivery or did you go in labor? (I ask this because I have 2 prior c-sections and am opting for another) Planned

19. ladybenz

ladybenz Well-Known Member

It's my first

tops and bottoms--9 weeks. Bottoms--7 weeks.

about 8 weeks, but only the pharmacist has commented

about 10 weeks

If I make it that far, we'll be scheduling a C after 36 weeks

we're planning a c-section

20. Eyler07

Eyler07 Well-Known Member

What # pregnancy was your twin pregnancy? it was my first
    When did you start wearing maternity clothes full time (tops and bottoms) around like 14 or 15 weeks.

When did you start showing (where people could tell you're pregnant)well before i found out that i was pg, my 2nd graders asked if i was having a baby....and i found out at 11 weeks that i was pg. So, i had started gaining the weight right away...

If you were a belly sleeper, when did you have to stop sleeping on your belly? i dunno for sure, prolly around about 13 or 14 weeks

How far along were you when you delivered? 36 weeks on the dot...

Was it a planned delivery or did you go in labor? (I ask this because I have 2 prior c-sections and am opting for another) i went into labor but had a scheduled c-section planned for a week later. they ended up taking them when i went into labor by c-section

21. JVC0625

JVC0625 Well-Known Member

I was 113 when I got pregnant and started showing at about 10 weeks. I am 118 now and am quite obviously pregnant at almost 17 weeks.

22. Twinnylou

Twinnylou Well-Known Member

Congratulations!!

QUOTE(Cynthia3200 @ Jun 26 2007, 06:46 PM) [snapback]307703[/snapback]

Number 1

Bottoms about 14 weeks my buttons had started to pop off my trousers around 10 weeks Tops around 16 weeks

Well everyone knew i was pregnant before i started to show but probably around 16/17 weeks.That when it started to look like i ws pregnant not just fat!

As soon as i found out i was pregnant

I was 32.4 weeks PTL up untill then i had a perfect pregnancy

Was it a planned delivery or did you go in labor?
    (I ask this because I have 2 prior c-sections and am opting for another)
    I went into PTL by myself at 32.4 weeks