When did you stop using bibs?

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by Oneplus2more, Nov 25, 2006.

1. Oneplus2more

Oneplus2more Well-Known Member

I'm tired of using them & of washing them! So I have only been using them when we are having something extra messy. DH always puts one on her when he is home. Just curious when you stopped.

2. Oneplus2more

Oneplus2more Well-Known Member

I'm tired of using them & of washing them! So I have only been using them when we are having something extra messy. DH always puts one on her when he is home. Just curious when you stopped.

3. melissao

melissao Well-Known Member

We still use them, but I just use the wipeable bumkins ones. I was using the toddler size, but have gone back to the original, smaller size now that they are less messy!

4. Amanda

Amanda Well-Known Member

I couldn't keep them on any of my kids past about 12-18 months [​IMG]

5. Moms2NTwins

Moms2NTwins Well-Known Member

Still using them here, they finally got to where they didn't mind them

6. thompsontwinners

thompsontwinners Well-Known Member

I still use them. They need them still! I have the sassy wipeable ones and love love love them!

7. Ali M

Ali M Well-Known Member

We still use them and also have the wipeable Bumkins ones. I just wipe them off after the meal and don't have to wash them very often at all. It's great to be able to keep their clothes clean. [​IMG]

8. Mooker

Mooker Well-Known Member

We also still use them at 16 months - now that they are feeding themselves food is everywhere - especially great for when we have pasta!!!

9. LouCee

LouCee Well-Known Member

Still using them here too - at 15-1/2 months.

10. MeldieB

MeldieB Well-Known Member

Still using them. In fact, because my girls are currently getting their molars, they're drooling SO much that I have to used them all day!

11. shanm

shanm Well-Known Member

We stopped using ours about a month ago. The boys kept pullng theirs or their brothers bibs off. It just wasn't worth the aggravation.

12. matwetwins

matwetwins Well-Known Member

We are 2.5 and still use them They are still messy eaters when they eat stuff like yogurt and oatmeal, and also they always ask for it and that's fine with me.

13. All Boys

All Boys Well-Known Member

All my boys still use them...

14. blessedby2

blessedby2 Well-Known Member

We don't use them as often at 21 months. I only put them on now when we give them a really messy meal. Other than that, they don't like them on, especially my dd. So we haven't been using them as often.

15. sharon_with_j_and_n

sharon_with_j_and_n Well-Known Member

I think I'm the winner. 3.5 years old and still using bibs here. We are working on neat eating, but we still have the occassional spill and I'd rather change their bibs than their shirts. We don't go through a bib a meal. More like a bib every couple of days, so no big deal. I guess we'll have to work harder. It sounds like most others have shed their bibs long before mine LOL.

[​IMG]

16. latb611

latb611 Well-Known Member

I have to say that I do not actually know how old the girls were when I stopped using them. I just stopped putting them on b/c the girls figured out how to take them off so they stopped working.

17. PumpkinPies

PumpkinPies Well-Known Member

Okay, Sharon -- I take your challenge. My girls were 4 in October and will ask for a bib (I also love love love the Bumkin ones!) if they're eating a known-to-be-messy food. That includes oatmeal, ravioli, etc.

I haven't routinely put them on since they turned 3 - only for something messy. We got thru that refusing to wear them stage by putting them back on, sometimes clothes-pinned to their collar, and repeating "You have to have your bib on to eat." But I'm just a wee bit compulsive about stains.

18. dmkhunt

dmkhunt Well-Known Member

I stopped using them a long, long time ago. I just throw the kids in the tub after dinner. it's easier for me to do that than wash the bibs. I'm lazy.

19. Ali M

Ali M Well-Known Member

quote:
    Originally posted by dmkhunt:
    I stopped using them a long, long time ago. I just throw the kids in the tub after dinner. it's easier for me to do that than wash the bibs. I'm lazy.

[​IMG] I'm the exact opposite. Putting them in the bath is a lot of work with all the bathing, drying, hair-brushing, and dressing involved. Wiping off a bib takes me about 15 seconds while baths can go on for an hour.