When did your dr lift your bed rest restrictions?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by wvtwinmama, May 6, 2012.

1. wvtwinmama

wvtwinmama Well-Known Member

Hi all,

I'm 34 weeks this week (whoo hoo!!) and have been on bed rest since 23 weeks. My dr has said he wants me to stay on bed rest until 36 weeks. That's fine by me; I'm happy to do anything to help my babies (though my contractions have been getting pretty intense, so I wonder if I'll make it to 36 weeks) and honestly at this point I'm so big and uncomfortable that I don't think I would want to be walking around much anyway. But I've seen others post about having their restrictions lifted at 34 weeks, so I'm curious: for those of you who are/ were on bed rest, when is/ did your dr lift your restrictions? How long after that did you go into labor?

Thanks!!!

2. Tamaralynn

Tamaralynn Well-Known Member

I went on bedrest at 24 weeks for PTL and I was on it until my scheduled c-section at 37 weeks 1 day.

3. miss_bossy18

miss_bossy18 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

My doc recommended bedrest at 27 weeks with nothing being done to stop labour after 34 weeks. So not really off bedrest but they weren't as concerned anymore. Labour started spontaneously at 34+1.

4. FGMH

FGMH Well-Known Member

I was on bedrest from 20 weeks to the end of the 37th week. I was so happy to be up again and everyone was expecting me to go into labour within a few days, instead I ended up being induced 5 days before my due date.

5. Minette

Minette Well-Known Member

I was on modified bedrest from 29w until my scheduled c/s at 36w5d. I stayed on terbutaline that whole time too. My doctor did not want me going into labor any earlier.

6. TwinxesMom

TwinxesMom Well-Known Member

They never lifted mine. I was on bed rest from 24-34 weeks

7. Jillybn32

Jillybn32 Member

My doctor told me off bedrest at 36 weeks. They sent me home from the hospital at 34 with instructions to do more activity, i.e. up in the chair briefly, bedrest exercises, etc.

8. Babies4Susan

Babies4Susan Well-Known Member

Had I made that far, they said I could get "a little more active" at 34 weeks. But I delivered at 31w0d.