When did your twins stop sitting in high chairs??

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by bridget nanette, Nov 26, 2006.

1. bridget nanette

bridget nanette Well-Known Member

This probably won't happen any time soon for us, but I was wondering when the average age was when the kids go to booster seats at the table instead of high chairs.

I'm just wondering because I'm sick and tired of cleaning their trays!! Uggh!! [​IMG]

Bridget

2. bridget nanette

bridget nanette Well-Known Member

This probably won't happen any time soon for us, but I was wondering when the average age was when the kids go to booster seats at the table instead of high chairs.

I'm just wondering because I'm sick and tired of cleaning their trays!! Uggh!! [​IMG]

Bridget

3. melissao

melissao Well-Known Member

Well, mine are still in their highchairs, but pulled up to the table. We stopped using the trays about 6 months ago. They love sitting at the table with us! I use the boosters when we go out or over to my MILs house, but also without trays.

4. Jennie-OH

Jennie-OH Well-Known Member

We are still using the chairs and trays but I planning to cut out the chairs in the next week or so. I'm hoping to go to booster w/o trays.

5. Jen620

Jen620 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Joey will be 22months next week and she is in a booster seat pulled up to the table. No tray because it's too small for her. Shemoved out of the high chair so Ellie could move in--she was doing acrobatics in her bouncy seat.

Annie was in the booster seat around age 2.

6. Ellensgirls

Ellensgirls Well-Known Member

We stopped using the high chairs at about 2 years. However we are in the travel chairs with a tray still. We still like to make a mess [​IMG] and it is much easier to clean a small tray than the whole table. I've tried placemats, but they're too tempting to toss around.

7. cabonnell

cabonnell Well-Known Member

We've been using the boosters since the girls were about 12 months. I never could get them to adapt to being in highchairs. They just pitched the biggest fit, but took to the boosters just fine. We've got the ones that strap to the dining chair and have a seat belt built in. Now, that they are a little older and can walk, when they are hungry, they go to their chair and have a fit to get up in it to show me that they are hungry. We probably stopped using the tray for the boosters a little over a month ago. They are pulled up to the table with us.

8. thompsontwinners

thompsontwinners Well-Known Member

at 2. We just moved them to the boosters at the table.

9. Moodyzblu

Moodyzblu Well-Known Member

About 18 months old. I just started sitting them at the table in a regular chair. We do this in restaurants as well. I was MORE then happy to get rid of the high chairs !!

10. ljcrochet

ljcrochet Well-Known Member TS Moderator

We just got my girls booster seats last week. But it has a seat belt. No way are my girls ready to not be belted in to eat.

We would have pulled the high chairs up to the table with out the trays a while ago, but my table has a very weird lip. So it did not work.

11. twoin2005

twoin2005 Well-Known Member

We use the boosters, without the tray, at the table. We switched around 18 months (to no trays). They love it and we are finally eating meals together as a family.

We recently switched to boosters in restaurants. I like to sit in booths, and you can't do that with two highchairs at the end of the table. So now they sit in booster seats.

12. moski

moski Well-Known Member TS Moderator

We still use the highchairs with the trays. We mostly use our boosters when we are at other peoples houses.

13. TwinMom205

TwinMom205 Well-Known Member

I think it was around 18 months or so. They have a little table and chairs that they'll eat at sometimes, or they sit on the regular chairs at the regular table. At my mom's they will eat in highchairs w/o the tray pulled up to the table.

14. hudsonfour

hudsonfour Well-Known Member

We only ever used boosters w/trays. At about 14 months we stopped using the tray and pushed them right up to the table. About 1 month ago (17 months) they quit using the boosters. One day at lunch, Paige pushed went over and climbed up on Dh's chair. She pitched a big fit when I tried to move her, so I let her stay. At dinner, she sat in the same spot, and Peyton pushed her chair away, and pulled mine over. Since then they have not sat in the booster seats!!! The only problem we have is that sometimes they try to stand up in the chairs.
    As you can tell, I am no longer in charge around here [​IMG]
    Sue

15. Ali M

Ali M Well-Known Member

If they were eating with us, I had them in booster seats (or clip-on highchairs) at the table with us from about 9 months old on. When I was feeding them separately, I used the highchairs and I put those away a little before 2.5 years old. We still use highchairs are restaurants.

16. micheleinohio

micheleinohio Well-Known Member

Mine were never in high chairs. I used the 3 stage feeding chairs. I started at 6 months or so (reclined with the tray on) and they are still in them at 3 years (pulled up to the table). It was probably the longest used baby product I owned. Actually it is, the only other thing still around is the furniture in their room and their loveys.

They are actually pretty clean too. Nothing sticks to these things. I think it is stained and then after a couple of wipe downs it looks like new again.

17. Marieber

Marieber Well-Known Member

For us it was just around their second birthday.

But it's still messy. We have a glass table. [​IMG]

18. WEME

WEME Well-Known Member

Just a couple of days ago, I did away with the trays and started pulling the highchairs to the table to eat with us too. I really want to get rid of the highchairs though.

19. Kelly E

Kelly E Well-Known Member

Our were at the table in booster seats with seat belts around 12-14 months. I had to get the bulky high chairs out of my house and they love being at the table.

20. mom2znl

mom2znl Well-Known Member

I guess we're unusual. We still use high chairs at home at 25 months. We've used carry along booster seats at restaurants for months, and they eat at a small table at preschool, but the high chairs still seem like the easiest option at home. We've got the room for them and they still fit in them--I guess we'll keep using them a while longer.

21. DBist77

DBist77 Well-Known Member

We stopped using the highchairs around 15 months. They started using them as jungle gyms and hanging on them. So I did away with them.

stacia

22. Zigcanada

Zigcanada Well-Known Member

We switched to high chairs without trays at the table just after the girls turned two. They loved it!

23. carmenandwhittsmom

carmenandwhittsmom Well-Known Member

We stopped using highchairs right after a year. Of course, my son outgrew his so that was the biggest reason. We use boosters with the trays but he is on his way out of that as well. As you can see, we just hit 16 months so I have no idea what we will do once he outgrows this one.

24. logansmommy7

logansmommy7 Well-Known Member

Still in highchairs here. Not ready to make the move just yet. They are content in the chairs and I don't mind cleaning the trays. I took my ds out early and wish I had kept him in a while longer. Oh well, I guess we are unusual but like to keep them contained!! [​IMG]