When is cramping Normal and when should I worry?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by kitkat72783, Nov 25, 2008.

1. kitkat72783

kitkat72783 Well-Known Member

I'm 7 weeks along and have been having mild cramping every now and again kinda like period cramps then once in a while my sides will hurt. I remember some of this from my pregnancy with my son...But the whole vanishing twin syndrom has me worrying about every twinge I feel=(

2. Roxygirl1488

Roxygirl1488 Member

QUOTE(kitkat72783 @ Nov 25 2008, 01:01 PM) [snapback]1086283[/snapback]
    I'm 7 weeks along and have been having mild cramping every now and again kinda like period cramps then once in a while my sides will hurt. I remember some of this from my pregnancy with my son...But the whole vanishing twin syndrom has me worrying about every twinge I feel=(

I wouldnt worry to much about having mild cramping on either side, I get it all the time in different spots. All that it means is your uterus is growing which is a good sign. Only reason to have any cause for concern is if you are bleeding or the cramping becomes severe. Try not to worry and good luck! =)

3. dallasm

dallasm Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Roxygirl1488 @ Nov 25 2008, 01:24 PM) [snapback]1086321[/snapback]
    I wouldnt worry to much about having mild cramping on either side, I get it all the time in different spots. All that it means is your uterus is growing which is a good sign. Only reason to have any cause for concern is if you are bleeding or the cramping becomes severe. Try not to worry and good luck! =)

Cramping is anormal early in the pregnancy. its later when you are closer to the due date when the cramping is a prelabor warningn sign.

4. scrappycindy

scrappycindy Well-Known Member

I cramped off and on early too... and now it's kinda went away. I never bled and my Dr. told me as long as that didn't happen and it wasn't severe, it was completely normal.

5. tamaras

tamaras Well-Known Member

It never hurts to put a quick call into your OB & explain the cramping to them :good:
    I hope you feel better :hug: