When should I worry about menstrual type cramps?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by Babygus0, Dec 3, 2006.

1. Babygus0

Babygus0 Well-Known Member

Okay I've been having menstrual like cramps since friday. They seemed to go away when I layed down, but this morning I woke up with them, and it doesn't seem to be going away. I've taken Tylenol and layed around all day, but I still have them.
    I've got an ultrasound and Dr. appt Tuesday. Should I just wait till then or should I go ahead and call the Dr on Call tonight?
    WWYD?

2. Babygus0

Okay I've been having menstrual like cramps since friday. They seemed to go away when I layed down, but this morning I woke up with them, and it doesn't seem to be going away. I've taken Tylenol and layed around all day, but I still have them.
    I've got an ultrasound and Dr. appt Tuesday. Should I just wait till then or should I go ahead and call the Dr on Call tonight?
    WWYD?

3. AWerner

AWerner Well-Known Member

when in doubt call the doc on call, they will be able to better answer your questions and determine if you should come in

4. becky5

becky5 Guest

Call right away....in fact go to L/D. [​IMG]

5. Dianne

Dianne Well-Known Member

I would call to be sure they are BH and not causing any cervical changes.

6. kimber074

kimber074 Well-Known Member

i would call...it's better to play it safe [​IMG]

7. threetobe

threetobe Well-Known Member

I would call your Dr as well just to be safe...but my rule of thumb is if they're rhythmic, then I consider them to be very serious.

If it's just a tightening or occasional stretching it's probably BH...but again, in your case since it's your body and not mine (and I can't really determine from your post what the cramps are really like) then I'd say call your Dr.

8. Babygus0

I called the Dr on call. He said as long as they were not timeable and my uterus is not feeling hard, everything should be fine. If I have any changes to go to L&D otherwise when I go back tues, they will check my cervix and urine (to make sure no UTI). So if anything changes I'll head to L&D. For now, it's water and Tylenol

9. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

I am glad you called! GOOD LUCK!!

10. Mum2TwinBoys

Mum2TwinBoys Well-Known Member

How are you feeling now??

11. AWerner

AWerner Well-Known Member

hope you are feeling better,talking with the Dr hopefully will make you sleep easier tonight!

12. Babygus0

It is starting to feel better now after about 4 huge glasses of water. I swear one day I'm going to float away. I'll definately feel much better after they measure my cervix tuesday. Hopefully it is still closed and tight.

13. anglinstork

anglinstork Well-Known Member

HUGS - glad you called and are feeling a bit better. Yes, after you find out Tues, you'll hopefully have more relief!

14. MommyofThreeBoys

MommyofThreeBoys Well-Known Member

Drink fluids!!! Water, Water, Water...could be your body way of saying you need more.

15. MomToBeX2

MomToBeX2 Well-Known Member

Yep I've heard the thing about the fluids also. How strange! I'm glad it's nothing and that you're feeling better. [​IMG]