When the twins get bigger

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by deniseandtwins, May 1, 2007.

1. deniseandtwins

deniseandtwins Well-Known Member

Can someone tell me if the twins movements hurt when they get bigger??

I know that my daughter (Twin B) is slightly bigger than her brother, she is on my left side. Sometimes when she moves it actually hurts! I felt this for the first time a week ago when we had a bad storm in Houston. As the thunder came, she moved from transverse to vertex & boy did it hurt!! :eek:
    I know this as we had a ob appointment the next day & we saw she had moved to the vertex position. Since then I think she has moved back to transverse..but will know for sure in a week's time.

Is this normal? Do their movements hurt towards the end??

2. Raneysmama

Raneysmama Well-Known Member

Yes, my babies' movements have hurt sometimes. I don't remember at what point that started happening. I just know that with my singleton, her movements never hurt. But with these two I think it's because my skin is stretched so tight and they're tighter in there, so knees, elbows, etc. poking up and out DO hurt sometimes. Especially if it's a big movement.

3. KindredSpirits

KindredSpirits Well-Known Member

Definitely. Aidan who is Baby B. His movements hurt all the time, and of course he is always the one that wants to switch from Breech to Vertex to Transverse at any given time. I think he switches at least 2-3 times a week. And I know for sure he moved this morning. I have given up on trying to figure out which position he's in b/c it changes all the time. All confirmed by my biweekly BPPs

4. deniseandtwins

deniseandtwins Well-Known Member

Thank you for the replies ladies! I was begining to think for a while that no one was experiencing this..

Yes, baby B (Milena) is by far the more active one at the moment. Also at our last growth u/s she was a bit bigger than her brother, although there seemed to be enough space for them.

I love feeling them more though..

5. Kymy

Kymy Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Raneysmama @ May 1 2007, 07:41 PM) [snapback]240199[/snapback]
    Yes, my babies' movements have hurt sometimes. I don't remember at what point that started happening. I just know that with my singleton, her movements never hurt. But with these two I think it's because my skin is stretched so tight and they're tighter in there, so knees, elbows, etc. poking up and out DO hurt sometimes. Especially if it's a big movement.

EXACTLY what my Baby B does too!!! It didn't start to 'hurt' until around 28 or 29 weeks when my skin got stretched to the max. Now it can be EXTREMELY uncomfy at times, but totally worth it :D

At my last ultrasound (30 weeks) baby B changed postion 3 times!!! Vertex... to transverse... to breech... to transverse the OPPOSITE direction. Baby A is still very active but doesn't have the room to flip so much.