when to stop bathing b/g twins together?

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by 2peeps4jen, Nov 28, 2006.

1. 2peeps4jen

2peeps4jen Well-Known Member

Hi,

Mine are 2 and we have been bathing them together since they could sit up independently. Recently, however, they have started poking and touching each other during bath time. It makes things difficult so we're considering bathing them separately (which will be more time consuming).

What age did you separate them for baths... and do you have any recomendations for how to get them to stop touching each other??

TIA!

2. 2peeps4jen

Hi,

Mine are 2 and we have been bathing them together since they could sit up independently. Recently, however, they have started poking and touching each other during bath time. It makes things difficult so we're considering bathing them separately (which will be more time consuming).

What age did you separate them for baths... and do you have any recomendations for how to get them to stop touching each other??

TIA!

3. Dianne

Dianne Well-Known Member

K&K just took their first separate baths last week. They were running out of space and wanted more room to play, they are 5. On the week nights they still share though because we don't have time to do one for each.

Do you mean touching privates or just touching in general? I haven't really had much of an issue but there was a time when Kayla found Kyle's penis and thought it was a fun toy. I just told her that we don't touch other people's private spots. She got it and we haven't had any other issues.

4. dmkhunt

dmkhunt Well-Known Member

Mine just turned two and we still bath them together. They will occasionly poke eachother where I wish they would not. I just say "No" and they stop. It hasn't been a big issue with us. My five year old son will take a bath with them still and it hasn't been a problem yet.

5. 2peeps4jen

Soo... DH is more in charge of bath time (sometimes I do it) - but I think they are generally getting in each other's space... Ada apparently poked Jacob's bottom during the last bath - I didn't get a clear sense from him whether it's general poking and that they are just difficult to control or whether they are going after each other's privates.

Thanks for your input so far - if the additional info I added is helpfu feel free to provide more!

6. MommyMelissa

MommyMelissa Well-Known Member

Mine are almost 5 and they still bathe together. We had the "why is that different than mine" discussion and they pretty much leave each other alone. They play well together in there and I am going to keep letting them until I feel it's not appropriate anymore....when that will be, time will tell, but I imagine it will be within the next year or two I suppose.