When were your twins able to sit?

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by w101ttd, Sep 20, 2010.

1. w101ttd

w101ttd Well-Known Member

My twins are almost 6 months old (about 4 months adjusted). Their legs muscles are so strong. their have good head supports. They can sit with support from their backs. But they cant pull themselves up and sit with hand supports. I think they like to play jumperoo and exersaucer, and hate tummy time. They did roll over from back to tummy couples times, but cant roll from tummy to back yet. Should I be worried? oh they try to army crawl now, but still cant yet

other than that, their mental delevlopment is way ahead of 6 months milestones. When could your twins sit? thanks!

2. Gigantor

Gigantor Well-Known Member

My boys could sit well by 7 months or so. Pulling them up in a sitting position without help did not happen until they turned almost 11 months.
    I think your los are doing great!

3. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

My two were able to sit up by 6-7 months. My DD did not crawl until 8 months and DS did not crawl until 10.5 months.

4. AimeeThomp

AimeeThomp Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I want to say that mine didn't pull themselves into a sitting position until around 8 months. As soon as they had that down they started crawling.

5. eagleswings216

eagleswings216 Well-Known Member

Our boys were sitting very well by themselves at about 6.5 months (not adjusted). At about 7.5 months, they started suddenly being able to go from tummy to sitting and back again on their own. They started crawling around that same time, and a few weeks later started pulling up to standing, too - I was worried that they weren't doing anything much like that yet, and all of the sudden it all happened within a few weeks. Your LO's will probably do the same thing - kids develop at very different rates, and averages are just that - averages. If you are worried, talk to your pediatrician, but at not even 6 months, and 4 months adjusted, I wouldn't be too worried, especially if their language and mental development is on track.

6. cat mommy

cat mommy Well-Known Member

sitting up at 4 months would be really really early so i wouldnt worry. i think mine sat at 6 and 7 months adjusted.

7. Tamaralynn

Tamaralynn Well-Known Member

Mine were sitting at 7.5 months unassisted.

8. Rollergiraffe

Rollergiraffe Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Mine didn't sit until 8.5 months when they started to crawl. Once crawling happened all the developmental things happened at once.. sitting, standing, walking along furniture. I'd definitely say your kids are on track!

9. becasquared

becasquared Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I had late sitters, 9 months, then R crawled like a day later. A didn't crawl until she was almost a year. She started walking right after a year, while R didn't walk until he was 14 months.

10. ladypotter

ladypotter Well-Known Member

My first daughter actually crawled before sitting. She crawled at 5 1/2 months and then sitting unassisted at 6 months. Then pulled up at 7-8 months and finally walked at 9 months. I am not expecting the twins to do any of this that early because they were a little earlier than my daughter and they don't like tummy time as much. I think my daughter built up more strength from loving tummy time for crawling and such early.

11. w101ttd

w101ttd Well-Known Member

Thanks ladies! I was worried.some websites say that at 6 months old they would be able to pullup and sit unsupportedly.now I'm not that worried anymore. My kids can seat in highchairs very well.I guess I need to give them more tummy time.they really hate it. They would cry after 5 mins

12. SC

SC Well-Known Member

I agree that 4 months adjusted would be pretty early, so no need to worry. Mine sat unsupported and stopped tipping over around 7 months adjusted.

13. SC

SC Well-Known Member

Also, mine have just recently begun sitting themselves up. One DS is really proficient at it and the other is still working on it, but can do it. They're almost 9 months adjusted. I think it is typical at your babies' age to dislike tummy time. Mine did and I always struggled because everyone encourages it so much. When they started rolling well and their neck strength improved, they began to love it. Give it a little time, it'll come.