where can i buy cute extra-wide shoes for my girls?

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by doubledownmom, Sep 9, 2008.

1. doubledownmom

doubledownmom Well-Known Member

need help finding cute extra-wide shoes for one of my daughters....and i have been to stride rite and i don't really favor any of the extra-wide options that they have....can anyone help?? she is a size 9 extra wide

2. Safari

Safari Well-Known Member

You should try preschoolians. They have a great twin discount. Their shoes run pretty wide, but you should contact them to ask which ones are "extra" wide styles. Their chat feature works well when staff is available.

our girls have the opposite issue.... too narrow for preschoolians and several others. Also, you might try pedoodles. their shoes are wide-ish.

3. twoin2005

twoin2005 Well-Known Member

In my experience, running wide, wide, and wide styles are very different than measuring Extra Wide. The only place we had luck was Stride Rite. Sorry. I wish I had better news.

Well, I do...after three and a half years, I can now buy wide styles for Ben. As a new walker though, he only fit in Stride Rite.

4. debid

debid Well-Known Member

There are a few brands that sell XW sizes. New Balance, Jumping Jacks, and Pip Squeakers came up with a 9XW search on Amazon. You can search by size in most of the online shoe stores.

5. bridgeport

bridgeport Well-Known Member

I'll second the Preschoolians suggestion. Their twin discount is 40% off your entire order!!! You e-mail them for the discount code (info on the website). You do have to order two pairs, but they don't have to be the same. They have some styles that tend to run extra wide to begin with, but they also have special inserts in different widths that come with each pair, so you can customize the width yourself once you try the shoes on. And if all else fails, the fit is guaranteed, so if they don't work you can return them.

Frankly I just feel the need to support any business that's willing to give us a 40% discount.